Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Long term I agree that Sanchez is going to be able to do well with whoever gets brought in after Schotty leaves. As good we have known Sanchez was/could be a bad coaching job could have ruined him. See David Carr for what happens to a talented player that isn't developed correctly.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

David Carr got shellshocked in his rookie season. There was no coming back from that.

I see it with Clausen now. His career won't take off because he's on a team with complete shit.

3. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

I don't know enough to say Schottenheimer's good, bad, or, other. But I do think the Jets are playing down to their opponents. There is a problem there.

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I agree. There's clear positives with the offense, specifically the development of Mark Sanchez... but somehow I think we won't cry much if Schottenheimer ends up getting whisked off to another team as a head coach.

5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I know I won't shed any tears but this year he is what we have and he has Sanchez and the offense picking the defense up to win games on a weekly basis.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Absolutely. Can't knock the guy... the Jets are getting it done and that's what matters.

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

My only issue, today. Throw to setup the run, not the reverse. Jets should have attacked more through the air.

8. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I still think that I would have given a few more carries to Greene instead of LT.

9. rdc2000

rdc2000 New Member

Wasn't Greene's day. It was pretty obvious. LT had his best game in a month..

10. thatisjetsfootball

thatisjetsfootball Active Member

Loved the playcalling today!

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He was great in the pass game but useless in the run game. Our OL was not opening any holes all day regradless of the RB though Greene had more success.

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

SJ, to your point, how about a few more pass plays that don't take a Passport and a long weekend to develop ?

13. Hobbes3259

^ That.

Though you can't game plan for fumbles and blown coverages, there are 32 teams in the NFL.

31 of them seem to have better short passing games than we do.

The Schotty fans here act like we have one premier offensive player (like the Pats) and the system is getting it done on the stregnth of that one individual.

We're trotting out Sanchez, Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards and Ladanian F*ng Tomlinson on offense.

Are we playing poorly ? Not really, but are we really as solid as we should be...not even close.

#653 Hobbes3259, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

yeah...like the TD pass the braylon took forever!

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The Texans game wasn't bad.

I didn't like throwing on 1st down out of the Jets own endzone on the possession where Greene fumbled.

Lots of bad execution on the OL. The running game was odd. Either a strong run for 4+ or no gain. Bipolar.

Passing game wasn't bad. Sanchez extends plays, but the pass blocking wasn't there. I've never seen a DL get such a strong jump off the snap. That's either predictable snap count or bad cadence or just good football. Pick one of those three.

He gets a B. His last A was in September. His last A+ was in January.

This is not a game to kill him on like the Vikings game, but there are some instances where you can be critical.

16. Hobbes3259

It's funny, I was bitching about us not using that route last week, and when he threw it, I ran over to give him credit for it.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'd like more quick hits too.

I'd actually like to see a screen to a non-RB. Holmes running a screen on a secondary playing off man on 1st down would be nice - if - the Jets have a lead.

I don't want to see it if they are behind.

18. Hobbes3259

I will say, the call for the TD at the end was brilliant.

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The main problems with the O this week were imo not of BS's making. Slauson is still making me nervous. He got beat badly on the first sack. And Woody went down, and the OL bench (from where Slauson came, of course) is just plain thin.

Then there was Greene's fumble. Just awful. It was not all that great a play on him.

Back to the line - Joe Klecko made the point after the game he thought the Jets should have had a TE held back in max protect after Woody got hurt. I think there is some merit to that, in that the Jets relied far too much on the ability of MS to escape pressure. But I also thought there were a fair number of pass plays with only two wideouts involved.

Still and despite the O winning the game for the team, the OL was pretty mediocre. Mangold was solid, and MS mentioned a strong effort by Nick coming back to block giving Mark that last half second in the pass to Edwards. But Ferguson had that motion penalty, and was not strong in the running game. Moore was taken out more than the usual, and of course it's a drop off when Woody went out. A strained MCL imo probably means Woody rests, particularly for this short week, so I expect the OL to not greatly improve.

Many of the Schotty haters refuse to see the obvious on the plus side, which is that he works closely with Mark, and that Mark seems to be avoiding any sophomore slump, and instead is showing solid and progressive growth. Schotty gets some of the credit for that, as well he should.

20. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

STOP with the BRAINLESS PETTINE BASHING!!