Empty seat celebration

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jesterjetman, Nov 21, 2010.

1. whatacotch

whatacotch Member

stayed the whole time!!! sec 322!!!

2. Rascio

Rascio New Member

This is a great post and so true. I learned my lesson leaving games early a couple years ago with the yankees. I missed a walk off arod grand slam then a month later missed a walk off 3 run homer by arod a well. Listened to both of them in the car on the way home. Never will i leave a sporting event early again

3. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

dude what do you do and pm me if you're hiring? i'll happily shell out 2k a year and 250 for parking and ride along with you 4 hours to plop my ass in a seat as long as possible.

4. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Same here man, thanks for having us over.

5. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Fuck that! How can you fault people for leaving? If the Jets would have lost half of you would be bitching about how they left the door open and allowed the texans to come back. There is no way in hell that game should have come down to a final minute victory no way. If you stuck around good for you but don't bag on people who want to leave early after that fourth quarter. The Jets need to learn how to put teams away plain and simple. This shit will catch up to them if they keep playing like this.

6. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Defense fell asleep in the second half Baumeister.

It was horrible to watch from above.

7. rdc2000

rdc2000 New Member

Leaving early in a blowout, torrential rain, freezing cold, endless late night MNF all can be somewhat justified.

Leaving when behind by less than a TD with less than a minute to go on a beautiful Sunday afternoon after all the heroics this season is pathetic..

8. Baumeister

I know it was hard to watch period. I am glad that Jets fans stuck it out at the stadium.

9. Baumeister

Sure it maybe pathetic but how can you really fault people. There is no way it should have come down to that. If this team learns to put their foot on the throat of teams that are finished the sky is the limit for them.

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I agree with that.

I would never leave a game early in my team was behind by less than a touchdown in nice weather.

11. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Please keep talking shit all of you guys that watch the games at home for free.

Fuckers know nothing about what we deal with as season tix holders.

12. rdc2000

rdc2000 New Member

That's not why they left. They left because they thought they would lose, not because of how they may have lost..

13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Were you at the game? Or are you just another fan that sits in the comfort of their home while we go to games and spend lots of cash to see the team we love play the game?

14. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

Beat The Traffic = FAIL!

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

That reads as if you are forced to attend the games.

This is what I wrote earlier-
    "I would never leave a game early in my team was behind by less than a touchdown in nice weather."

I have attended NFL and college football games. I have not left any of them early and some were played in bone-chilling cold.

If other people wish to leave games earlier that is their prerogative. All I was saying here is that I would not leave early.

16. Baumeister

pats-hater you are correct i do not know what you season tix holders go through. When I am at home watching games and it is cold, snowing, raining ect. I cannot believe the die hards stick it out in those conditions. You season tickets holder do the Jets a great service I don't know how you do it year in and year out.

17. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

Yup. If people leave early in a one possession game with a minute to go against the worst pass defense in the league, they obviously either don't love football as much as they claim, or don't understand football that well.

We aren't talking about being down 42-0 with 6 minutes left in the rain.

18. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

It's the ticket holders hard earned money. If they choose to watch the end from the concourse, or listen to the end of the game on the radio in the parking lot, they have the right to do so.

19. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Cakes, not forced to attend the games but just tired of those that don't criticizing those of us that go when we are 7-2 and 3-13.

It just kills me.

Baumeister, it's tough but we love it. Winning or losing, that's why we go to the games.

I don't mean to be a dick. Today I just took offense to this thread.

See you all on Thanksgiving night. I'll be there with my 9 year old.

20. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I fault people for leaving because the game was not over. It doesn't matter that the Jets blew a lead. You can sit in your seat and be just as disgusted and still stick it out because the game was not over and the Jets, obviously, still had a chance. I have season tickets and have had them for over 30 years and I just never leave before the game is over.

I just don't understand the logic. You pay all this money (as I do) and you leave your house at 9 am or so expecting to spend the afternoon at the stadium. Then after being there for 7 full hours, you leave with your team down by 1 with 2 minutes left and still with a good chance of getting the ball back with 50 seconds left and down by less than a TD.

And why do you do this? To beat traffic? To get home 10 minutes earlier than you would have had you stayed? It makes no sense. Today was the thrill of a lifetime. Do you get the same thrill when you think you beat 60,000 people out of the parking lot by five minutes???

Being upset with the Jets' performance in the 4th quarter is no reason to leave early. Period. The fans who left should be embarrassed.