Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

You forgot... HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHHAA

2. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

The Greene fumble was bad but the playcall there was even worse. Shottenheimer magically went from genius to moron in the 4th quarter today.

3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I'd love to see the offensive coordinator who can gameplan around his offensive line being totally dominated in both run and pass blocking all day. That awful fumble was also presumably his fault. And of course scoring 30 points is a terrible performance.

Isn't it ever the players' fault when something doesn't go right?

4. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Wow

Some Jets fans are really fucking stupid.

5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I love being right.

6. IATA

IATA Trolls

Sure, the players take some blame, but the playcalling is attrocious. 3rd and long runs, 3 yrd passes on 10 yard needs, etc...

7. IATA

IATA Trolls

You weren't right tho :(

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Again I saw nothing terrible about the offensive play calling. The o-line was atrocious in both run and pass blocking today and we had a terrible fumble in a key situation.

There have been times where I've watched Jets games and said what in the god damn hell is Schottenheimer doing, but I don't know what was so wrong with todays game. People love to hate because it's cool.

9. ukilledkenny

Oh I was and still am.

Just look at the company you keep with your opinion on this one.

You and Hobbes can keep saying he is clueless, I'll stick with the evidence that says otherwise. Specifically the 8-2 record and the fact that the rest of the NFL see's him as a great offensive mind that will be a head coach soon enough.

10. IATA

IATA Trolls

His playcalling has been attrocious at times and great at others. There is no in between with him. Lately it's been just bad with flashes of greatness.

Alot of people seem to be able to forgive the bad because we win. We shouldn't need these miracle wins against bad opponents.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

What was so terrible? You were on here bitching the second we failed to convert a 3rd down.

12. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

Oh great! Focus on 2 plays today instead of the other 60+ plays that got us over 400 yards of offense and 30 points. Even without the last touchdown, 23 points is still a good offensive performance.

Just continue to blame Schotty when:
    The o-line played terribly, especially after Woody went down
    Greene fumbles a ball that goes the other way for 7.

Continue to ignore Sanchez's development. Continue to ignore that this is the first time that Schotty's had the same QB for more than one year. It's all Schotty's fault.

13. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Schottenheimer is such dogshit and the amount you go to fellate him is truly disgusting. Marty, please stop. You're not fooling anyone. We should have won this game by 20 or so points if we have the appropriate game plan, but it's always take a lead, then go back to Schottyball.

It's retarded. Step on the fucking gas pedal. You cannot sit on a 10 or 17 point lead. One of these days we're not going to be so lucky.

14. IATA

IATA Trolls

So because he is 8-2 makes him great? He's been absolutly terrible, but having 2 or 3 good drives a game cannot make up for the fact we should be blowing people away and we are only winning on miracles.

15. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

gotta agree with this. I hate Schotty, but I thought today's play calling was about 90% excellent, with hindsight making up the rest. You don't gameplan drops and fumbles, and I thought a majority of the plays called were the right ones at the right time.

He gets an "atta boy" today

16. WhiteShoeWillis

hahah

Schottyball? You mean fumbling the ball in our own territory?

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He's an amazing mind, and when you hear him speak you know that one day he's going to be a head coach.

But there are usually some really infuriating moves by him, and there are some games that he doesn't want to run Rex's philosophy when it should be run.

But honestly, I think anyone could be the OC and Sanchez would still do amazing. That's not a knock on Schotty, that's a total compliment and huge bro hug to Sanchez.

The playcalling has been better post Green Bay. Still there are some situations I really disagree with, but even me - a Schotty criticizer - understands things have gotten better.

I had basketball all day, so I'll watch the game today and see what I disagree with. I hated his play calling in October, but November has been fine.

18. ukilledkenny

We were on our way to an easy win on this one just running out the clock and then Greene fumbled. Next the defense went out for coffee. Please show me where any of this could be blamed on the offensive coordinator.

Then after that debacle the offense has 48 seconds left down by 4 and they win the game. You can call it a miracle but this is 4 times now, so take that to the Fins or Pats boards and make excuses with them.

19. ukilledkenny

You won't find much to complain about, especially since you won't be freaking out over any missed third down.

I totally disagree with you about anyone doing well with Sanchez. This is his second year and for anyone to not be giving Schotty and the whole offensive staff props for helping him develop this much this fast is not seeing the whole picture.

I also have situations that I disagree with the guy's playcalling, it's just there is so much idiocy flying around on this board that I find myself defending him almost exclusively.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Maybe my Sanchez love makes me think that, but I'm looking long term. Schotty may get a HC job this year if this continues, and that's why I think Sanchez can win with the next guy too.

I'll have to wait till tomorrow to see the game. I gots lots of HW to do, and I'm too hyped to do it.

All I know is that the last minute I saw, it was perfect playcalling :grin: