Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

hahaha...triple lundi :rofl:

[​IMG]

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

And that's where the basis of the hate comes from.

These mind numbing decisions that just don't make any sense, and they put Schotty under a microscope for the rest of the game. Its why I can't get behind him fully, even though he is a really smart coach and will get a HC job. His press conferences are a sign that he can handle being in charge, but his gameday decisions at important times are just fucking insane.

That 3rd and 2 shotgun formation at the goal line drove me crazy. The run game is destroying the Browns, but now its time to pass - from the shotgun formation. Why? Its just counterproductive.

3. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

And if (when) a safety catches up to him, and blasts him blindsided what will you say?

FUCK YOU SCHOTTY YOU STUPID PRICK GETTING SANCHEZ BROKEN IN HALF!!!!

Anyone who would put my starting QB out in the open field with any chance that he could get hit is no one I'd want coaching my team. Period.

Why respond to him? You know at this point he's going to duck the question.

The fact is, there is a contingent of people who sincerely believe Schottenheimer is a terrible coach, and no matter what the offense does, it will always be in spite of him, rather than because of him. Even when our starting QB and head coach praise him for the plays he calls. But what do they know? They're not sitting there on their couches every week watching these games!

You just implied that Paul Hackett would have called a better game than Schottenheimer?

How does SundayJack put it? "You are now excused from all further serious discussion."

4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

:rofl:

I have been thinking same thing since people started throwing out their ideas on how to make the offense better. Schotty makes any of these calls and it doesn't work out like people envision it in their head and Schotty is right back under the bus.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Nice.

I'll go point by point.

I pointed out that in this particular instance Holmes was a better target, also going so far as to point out that you're clearly not seeing the situation clearly (i.e. responding without a clear grasp of the facts at hand).

I did not say 'Throw it to Mark, he's open'. I said, 'We could throw it to mark because there would not have been a defender within 30 yards of him...'

Now, I'm not sure where you're getting the DB that's blowing him up on that play, because for that to happen in that instance the DB would have to be coming off the bench,
    which is to say...with 100% certainty...there would have been no one there to hit him...
    (though...it's odd, because you're here defending a guy that routinely employs 4 second pass patterns, which cause the QB to get hit more than he should....and generally in a vulnerable position?)

Not Respond ? I did not duck WSW's question. I answered it 2 posts later. Maybe you missed that.

And your response to the Hackett thing is clearly comprehension challenged.

The point was (I'll type this slowly, and you'll see how it goes to what I replied to WSW above), if Hackett had formulated the Gameplan (think Chad Ball..short drops and quick hitters)and Schotty had come in at Halftime...(I did bring Schotty into the equation) my point was the lack of plays designed to get the defense to stop coming upfield early, since that's what both Rex and Rob like to do.

You have to be a fairly seriously questionable OC when you are playing a defense that mirrors your own, and cannot adequately gameplan to keep your QB out of harms way.

P.S.

Based on the vociferousness of your responses, when they do chuck it to 6 for 6, I'll expect you to be here, calling for his firing.

(And perhaps between now and then...you can explain to me the difference between getting sacked and mangled (like yesterday) and getting hit on a different part of the field by a guy that's 50-100 lbs smaller than the guys he routinely gets hit by....Hit by Eric Wright < Hit by Shaun Rogers..clearly)

#545 Hobbes3259, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Too bad there isn't a 3rd Ryan somewhere who is a offensive mastermind.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

His name is Hue Jackson. He's in Oakland making Jason Campbell look amazing.

Rex wanted him here but he went to Oakland and then he kept schotty.

Rex's coaches are top of the line guys.

8. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Never knew Rex wanted the guy who became Raiders OC. That guy is amazing & huge reason that franchise if finally turning around. He made Campbell & the Gradkowski both look good.

9. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

I must have forgotten this. What a shame, it would have been awesome if he had become our OC

10. 624

624 Banned

Did Rex want him here to become the OC or just have a job on the offensive staff?

I knew he wanted Hue Jackson, but I didn't know it was for the OC job.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I checked - Jackson would have been the OC.

He was wanted by 3 teams. Jets, Bengals, and Raiders.

Why he went to Oakland I have no idea.

He would have killed here.

Haha, the Daily News article I found says that "Rex is open to the idea of retaining Schotty, the organizations choice," but Schotty may not want to stick around anyway and if he falls through, Rex will want Hue Jackson.

I want the guy that Rex wanted.

#551 NDmick, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  12. ANJI

ANJI New Member

Jackson huh??? Really looking like that pick up would be great right now.

Maybe Schotty get's a Head coaching job next season....

13. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

We can only dream

[​IMG]

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Jackson wouldn't jump ship to come here if that happened.

15. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

Typical Jet fans. Our team in 7-2, and you want the OC of an overrated team that won't make the playoffs. This coming from the same guy that thought the Chiefs were good. Granted, Jackson's improved a terrible offense, but I doubt it would make that much of a difference if he were here.

I hope Schotty stays here for a long time and continues to develop Sanchez's game.

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Hindsight and hypotheticals. That's what was being discussed.

Once again you misread everything and once again I have to correct you.

#556 NDmick, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

He was doing that with Favre. What made you think he will change his color all of a sudden?

*As my brother says: 3rd and goal... shotgun? So this offense is giving up the chance to 1. run it in 2. pass the ball off play-action 3. just pass out of goal line set? This is just a sheer stupidity at its best!*

#557 Zach, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  18. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Everybody's fanbase thinks their offense coordinator is the worst coordinator

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I don't think he's the worst. I think he can do better and for the exception of last January he won't get rid of the silly tendencies.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

One thing everybody can agree on, (I would think) is that if they don't let Brad Smith throw the ball out of the Wildcat just once they may as well stop running it. It's getting to the point now that the other team is willing to put 9 or 10 in the box when he is back there taking the snap.