Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

So in that case we should never question a play-call, a player transaction, a coach getting fired because honestly we never know what is truly going on within the orginization or during a game. Makes sense.

2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

NY Jets on 3rd down. 5/7 2 TD's.

what is that we are complaining about in here again?

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

No.

If you got you wanted the best case scenario is the Jets get 7 points. The way you hated still resulted in 7 points. As long as it works I'm not gonna complain. Enjoy complaining about touchdown drives.

4. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

The call to pass on 3rd and 3 was a very iffy and questionable one.

We're supposed to be a ground and pound team and have one of the best lines in the NFL, but Schotty decided to get cute.

What happened was what should have been a pick-6, but we got lucky. We kicked the FG anyway, and what ended up happening was that we stopped the clock for the Browns without them having to waste a TO.

Run the ball and get the first, keep the drive and clock going, and get that much closer to a TD. Or run it and fail to convert for the 1st, either let the clock run or make the Browns burn a TO, and we kick the FG anyways.

Defensively we played pussy ass pudding defense on the last drive as well. All in all questionable calls on both sides of the ball for the Jets at the end of the game.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Let's run it all the way to the end zone and pass.

I don't get it

6. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

I don't understand why he tries to get cute in those situations.

It wasn't the first example of it this game.

It obviously worked before but on the 3rd and 3 in the 4th, I'm sure that the Browns D was going to be ready for any type of QB/HB draw.

So why narrow your offense down like that by going shotgun fucking formation on 3rd down by the goal line, especially when you'd been running the ball effectively the entire drive?

7. IATA

IATA Trolls

Todays playcalling was god awful. Jets won despite him and RFOLK

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I thought he called a very good game today. There were a couple of things I was bitching about, but for the most part he really kept them off balance IMO.

9. IATA

IATA Trolls

I thought it was very up and down and was full of questionable calls. The offense is getting to be too predictable

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Schotty called a good game until he was at the doorstep of a TD.

Let's not use the bread and butter, lets call bad pass designs. If your going to pass, lets not use those pass calls. The rollout was stupid.

Time and place goddamnit

11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

dude, go watch the game over. Schotty called an excellent game. The schotty bashing is so fuckin ridiculous.

We scored 20 pts and missed 3 FGs in regulation on the road against a good defense. What the fuck, and not just you bro, but what the fuck do you guys want????we're averaging mid 20s in points per game Im guess? Sanchez has developed TREMENDOUSLY........what is wrong with Brian Schottenheimer?? NOTHING! A lot of you guys are wayyyyy off base. Its embarrassing

12. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

Schottenheimer keeps the Jets offense very unpredictable. Which is good. But he does it to a fault at times. It's a tightrope for sure but I would like him to lean more on the run. Anyhow, not the coaches fault the kicker missed out on 9 points.

13. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I thought his playcalling in the first half last week was awful, but I certainly don't have any problems with last week's second half or this week. A play not working doesn't mean that it was poorly designed. I think putting together multiple long drives shows that the OC is doing his job. It's not his fault that the Jets left 9 points on the field from missed FGs.

14. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

I wonder if Schottenheimer would be better served calling the plays from the booth. He seems to get panicky. Maybe a little distance would help him keep to a gameplan better.

15. hazmat

hazmat New Member

We had the ball for 48 minutes and ran 90+ plays and still only scored 26 points.

16. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I'd give Schottie a B/B+ today. Still a lot of pre-snap motion that never leads to anything and the cute plays at the goal line made little sense. The balance was very good though and it was a big plus seeing Greene get a majority of the carries. No need to bash him here, he called a good game.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Have to agree with jonnyd on this one. He's come a long way. There were BS calls I didn't agree with but the offense was in charge of that game.

18. milo

milo Well-Known Member

How well do you think Rob knows Schotty's tendencies just by proximity?

Every once in a while you gotta just say the opponent made some good moves on us.

I thought he was great today.

19. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

THIS. His playcalling was surprisingly good most of the game, but there were still a number of head-scratchers - most of them in the red zone.

#439 GBA, Nov 14, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  20. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

So what, Schotty should've gone out there and kicked field goals?

He deserves credit for holding the ball for 48 minutes, not scorn because the kicker gave away 9 points.