Sanchez separating himself from Henne

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Doogstein, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Wow, People who coach in the NFL think Pennington will be less conservative / predictable? Thats just plain scary.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Amazing how fans on a message board know so much more than NFL people. It's not like this is the first coach to ever put him in a game and it's not like he hasn't won before.

3. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

This is a horrible move by the Dolphins, how many Jets fans were calling for Sanchez to be benched last season? Mid-season people wanted him dead, let alone benched.

You gotta let your QB of the future fight through this. The Dolphins have 4 losses, all by the best 4 teams in the NFL.

4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Chad is blessed with an amazing football mind and an arm that can't stay in one peice. In his later years he been a Mediocre QB that has not been able to beat tough defenses. If you think this is not a sign that they think Henne is complete crap than I don;t know what is. Chad is predictable. He's good underneath and accurate deep, but can't throw a 15 yard out with any Zip on it. I think our current Defense could feast on him.

5. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

OK< now that we've established that this is yet another Pennington thread I've got a comment to share from a Bears fan (Miami plays teh Bears next Thursday).

I said something to the effect of "Oh, you get to play Pennington." The immediate response was, "Maybe, if he is still healthy."

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I don't think anyone is denying either of those two things. The reason he was named starter was because the offense has been too conservative and it doesn't seem to follow that a QB that has always lacked the arm to stretch the field and has now had 3 shoulder surgeries could make the offense any less conservative. I don't think that anyone is off base in questioning the reasoning behind the move.

7. Italian Seafood

I just think people don't get that this is an immediate move, not changing the course of the franchise. Henne is in a rut and the team needs to win right now, it's a band-aid. I seriously doubt they're dumping Henne or done with him, it's a quick fix because they have a guy who they know can go out there and win, zip or no zip. They know this because he walked into the middle of their camp off a 1-15 season with a rookie coach and took them to 11-5 and the AFC East title. They're not relying on him maybe past this week, but situations like this are a main reason they pay him to be on their team.

8. Italian Seafood

That's the assumption people are making here, nobody knows that. Maybe when they look at the film Henne is making dumb decisions that they know Pennington won't make to cost them a posession or a game. They did make this announcement I believe on Tuesday, which would mean they've looked at Sunday's film already.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Listen to the Omar Kelly interview.
    http://www.wqam.com/index.php?page=347

10. ukilledkenny

I don't really think it's an assumption. I think it was more or less stated by Sparano that Henne wasn't moving the ball like they wanted him to. I also hope (actually I don't) the Dolphins aren't stupid enough to make this move for one game because that would be one expensive roster change.

Pennington's salary jumps like 3 million this year because he is their starting QB.

11. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

We are saying it is a dumb move. The Jets lost 6 of 7 games last year with Sanchez looking an order of magnitude worse and the Jets didn't bench him.

What does the move accomplish for a mediocre team putting a mediocre QB in charge. If Miami is lucky they are going to limp into the playoffs. Their QB has absolutely no history of beating elite defenses. Somehow they expect him to beat the Jets, Steelers and Ravens in those playoffs..... lots of luck Sparano, lots of luck.

You do not do that to your QB of the future. Certainly if you want to take that next step as a team. This is a scared move by a scared coach.

12. Italian Seafood

Kind of supports what I'm saying. I seriously doubt they're putting Pennington in there to air it out and go nuts, they seem to think Henne is making bad decisions. Maybe "too conservative" is another way to say the same thing.

I don't think any coach is worried about that at 4-4 with the season on the line at home. He's thinking about how to win this game. Whether it's one game or however long depends on how it works out and of course if Pennington doesn't get hurt. Either way I think Henne will again be the starter, it's just a matter of when.

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Except for us twice last year right

14. Italian Seafood

Again, fans think of long term, the coach thinks of this week. He's not worried about the Jets, Steelers or Ravens right now, if they don't beat the Titans it won't matter. They need to stay in the hunt and they don't think Henne is getting it done right now. Maybe he's back in there if/when they get to the playoffs, nobody knows that. They're certainly not worried about the laundry list of Pennington grievences you guys all have ready to copy and paste into any discussion about him. They've seen what he can do and they see what Henne isn't doing. If Henne is smart he pays attention and is better for it when he goes back in.

15. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Huh can you read?

16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Well I guess the difference is Miami's philosophy isn't long term where the Jets is.

Sorry for pointing out the obvious short comings of Chad. I really didn't mean to hurt your feelings it is nothing personal. However it is all true. He can not beat elite defense's and is a mediocre QB.

17. Italian Seafood

We're having a discussion here, no hurt feelings. He has beaten the Pats in Foxboro a few times, but I guess if you repeat your mantra enough like a politician it becomes fact.

Miami's philosophy is short term at the moment because they are in a must-win game and their QB isn't getting it done. Where that differs from the Jets of last year is we didn't have a proven veteran to get us through the bumps in the road, we had Kellen Clemens as our next option. If we had Pennington or Brunell they might have made the move, definitely would have given it serious thought. We had to have the planets align perfectly to survive it the way we did, nobody is counting on that at 4-4.

18. ukilledkenny

Pennington waving a towel around certainly did have a negative affect on our defense.

19. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

If a win or 2 against a top defense in 7 years as a QB constitutes effectively beating an elite defense, we are not talking the same language. Stating your mantra over and over again about Chad doesn't make it fact either. I can do that too.......

I think he is decidedly mediocre and you think he is an elite top QB. Again, people defend him like he is a friend. I am just talking the football aspect. That doesn't mean I hate the guy.

I am not getting into a circular argument about Chad, it's not interesting, nor fun.....we can agree to disagree.

It's impossible to say if Rex Ryan makes this move with Pennington or Brunell. He could have easily made that move with Clemens. There was no way he (KC) could have been any worse than Sanchez was, against Buffalo or New England. You are talking 9 int's in 2 games. I don't feel he would but that is just my opinion.

I do not get the sense of panic in Rex Ryan that you do with certain other coaches. He may not make all the right moves, but I dont think he makes them scared or panicked.

That is the sense I am getting out of Miami. Remember they are all worried about King Carl coming in and blowing up all the people Parcells put in place.

#199 Miamipuck, Nov 11, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  20. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

LMAO thank you!