Sanchez separating himself from Henne

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Doogstein, Oct 15, 2010.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Shit, if they still can't win at home they'll only have 6 or 7 wins.

Wasn't this their playoff year? I can't remember.

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

No dude this was their 19-0 year. Brandon Marshall RuleZzZ!!1 Vontae Davis > Revi$$$

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

No, it's not a fact that he Dolphins "should be" 5-3. Where would you come up with the ridiculous idea that is a fact?

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'm not a Pennington fan and I don't fear him, but he's had success in this league and sometimes a QB change can spark an offense. I'd still bet against them Sunday.

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

He makes them better than Henne does, that's my point. With our D I don't really "worry about" anyone, but I think Pennington can give Miami a spark, obviously they do too. We haven't looked great in pass D however, so I'd rather see Henne and a dead Miami team come in here than Pennington and a revived Miami team. Anyone who thinks he can't do it didn't see him lead them from 1-15 to 11-5.

6. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

This really makes little sense. Down here all their complaining about is Henne and his check downs. To that end they bring in a guy, that while certainly smarter than Henne, is almost by his physical limitations a prototype 'check down' QB at this point. The one thing I thought Henne did was at least possess the ability to throw the long ball, Penny, not so much. People also forget when Penny had his big success down here that the Wildcat helped that team A LOT and they had virtually no turnovers, not to mention they were playing a schedule based on the previous season's 1-15 record. Oh yeah, and Brady was out. Having all of those things go their way, they still got blasted by our HC's team in the playoffs!

We'll see how much Marshall likes getting drilled immediately after catches because of the floaters tossed his way. BM is already complaining about his team. Hopefully it won't be long before he's kicking balls in practice and refusing to run patterns...

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I think Penny was put in for Sunday, because Tenn. is dirty.

I'd be Pissed if I were him. 3 steps and chuck it.

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

See above.

Marshall isn't getting many, unless the phins are in maxi-pad protcect.

9. Rascio

Rascio New Member

All hell is breaking loose over at finheaven.com lmao.. I did enjoy a couple of posts from moronic asshole fin fans who think they will go on a run and the Jets wont make the playoffs..

10. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

That's impressive but he hasn't played a game since that third shoulder surgery. And how many of those December wins were in the cold, windy Meadowlands? Without doing the research, I think it's pretty safe to say that some of those games were in domes or in warmer cities.

11. milo

milo Well-Known Member

They seemed like they started out happy about it, then the conversation devolved into fuck Sparano, Ireland, Ross, J-lo, and Marino (for retiring).

My guess is the CS saw something on film and just figured Tennessee was gonna eat this kid alive.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Unless they put a roof on the meadowlands it's safe to say they are were all outdoors:smile:

I said in games at the meadowlands in dec/Jan.

using the temperature from profootballreference:

2002:
    Den(W) 12-8-02, 37 degrees, 14 MPH wind
    GB(W) 12-29-02, 38 degrees, 16 MPH wind
    Indy(W) 1-4-03, 34 degrees, 18 MPH wind

2003:
    Ten(W) 12-1-03(Mon Night), 47 degrees, 19 MPH wind(it felt alot colder than 47 degrees, I remember that night well.
    Pitt(W) 12-14-03 in wet snow storm, 31 degrees, 19 MPH wind
    NE(L) 12-20-03 35 degrees, 16 MPH

2004:
    Hou(W) 12-5-04, 47 degrees, 15 MPH
    Sea(W) 12-19-04, 40 degrees, 9 MPH
    NE(L) 12-26-04, 28 degrees, 17 MPH

2006:
    Buf(L) 12-10-06, 44 degrees, 15 MPH
    Oak(W) 12-31-06, 41 degrees, 15 MPH

2008:
    NYJ(W) 12-28-08, 55 degrees, 20 MPH wind

13. Rascio

Rascio New Member

Hahaha. The life of a fins fan

14. Italian Seafood

This is kind of misguided. WRs take hits when the ball is not accurate, speed of the ball doesn't make much difference. Chad's WRs were rarely injured reaching for his passes because he's accurate.

15. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

55 degrees doesn't count! And the Pittsburgh game in 2003...that was all Curtis Martin if I remember correctly. Ok, Chad does have an impressive win loss record in those games, and I won't dissect his statistical performances in those games. Chad was definitely good at managing games.

I just think that Chad's weaknesses will be more pronounced than ever following a third shoulder surgery. I have zero confidence in him coming to the Meadowlands this December and beating a Rex Ryan Jet team, or even giving the Jets a good game.

#135 Jets201, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  16. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

I was a big fan of Pennington for most of his time here. I think the injuries wore down his on field ability and then he joined the fish. That put an end to the idol phase.

This thread isn't about Pennington nor is it about Klecko. This thread is about whether Sanchez or Henne is the better QB.

17. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Sanchez > Henne

Henne > Pennington (right now)

End of thread.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The Pennington argument will never end.

Can it be broken down to this? -- He was a good QB, but not a great QB. He had heart and was white, so its easy to overrate him into a great QB.

He was never a bad QB, just an oft-injured QB. He was a good leader and well respected by all of his teammates. He was not a great QB but a good QB, this can't be stressed enough.

How was that?

19. Italian Seafood

If we hadn't kept hearing this after the first and second ones I'd have cause to believe it. Unlike the other two, I don't think the last injury was as severe and he didn't have to rush back this time, he's had well over a year off.

This to me has all the looks of a quick-fix move to save their season this week, Henne is still their long-term starter. If the Jets play their game and we're at home I like our chances against anyone, we've survived Brady and Favre already. But again I think Pennington gives them a better chance right now than Henne does.

20. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

It may be unreasonable, but simply because of 2002 I will always believe Chad Pennington has the ability to win. Its like its hard wired into my soul. Henne was a joke so thats how i felt about the phins, but I can see them being a better team with Pennington.

However, I hope I'm dead wrong of course.