Sanchez separating himself from Henne

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Doogstein, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Boomer88

Boomer88 New Member

I agree that it is good for the Jets as well. I'm not scared of Pennington versus our D in our stadium. Until they line up Marshall in the slot and put Coleman on him.:smile:

At first I didn't think they would go QB in the draft but thinking about their team--which has some good young players at most positions--it is one of their weaker links so it is not unimaginable.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I think he means vs. the actual Jets in December. I agree, Pennington has NO SHOT against the Jets D. Just not a good matchup for him. However, Henne didn't have much of a chance either. Thigpen is not bad though.

3. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

Agreed...this is a far cry from 2008. I see a big win in that game. Pennington will be in for a long game if he's still starting for the Dec game

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

[​IMG]

5. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Yes, this Jets/Rex Ryan D is the exact type of D that has forced Pennington to wet his pants throughout his career. Any D that is fast, in your face, and forces tight throws, Pennington has crumbled against.

6. RMorin

RMorin Member

If he pulls out a miracle and the Dolphins sneak into a wildcard spot (not likely but stranger things have happened) is Pennington known more for being a Dolphin then a Jet? Does the comeback player of the year award get re-named the Pennington Award?

7. nyjunc

He'll always be remembered as a jet unless the unthinkable happened and he led them to a SB.

8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

We heard all this same crap last time and he walked out of our stadium with the division title. Hopefully Henne's back in by the time we see them.

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Pennington stinks this is great news. No way he is going to do anything against this defense.....hahahahah awesome.

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Can U imagine Penny throwing in the swirling winds of Dec in NE & NY. What a joke. :lol:

11. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I reckon Henne is getting a raw deal here. He's a scapegoat, nothing more.

12. The Dark Knight

No, what happened last time was Pennington came and barely beat a Jets team that had crumbled and then less than a week later got MURDERED by REX RYAN and the Ravens. So...yeah.:grin:

13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Except we're not pressuring the QB right now as that Ravens D was and he has much better WRs now. He threw two TDs in the winds he can't throw in against us. They didn't barely beat us, either, some of that was Chad and some of it was Favre.

14. nyjunc

Chad P in the meadowlands in Dec/Jan:

9-3 record

238-352, 2469 yds, 20 TDs, 12 INTs(5 came in one game), 92.4 rating

What a joke!

15. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Salt and pepper with that crow?

16. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

Ok but how many of those games came before the 3 shoulder surgeries? If Chad P should happen to be the fish QB for the December game, I love our chances with this coach and this defense. It's a far cry from 2008.

17. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

There is no reason to be afraid of Pennington against the Jets D. If he isn't injured by the time the Jets play the Fins next he will not be successful. Hell, if we stick Revis on Bess and Cro on Marshall we just eliminated any options he would have had success throwing to.

18. The Dark Knight

I know some Jets fans still like Chad Pennington, like myself, but worrying about him playing us is laughable. He is coming off a THIRD shoulder surgery. If he would somehow start the December game, I don't see how Miami will score. Their running game isn't even that good either this year. Revis on Marshall waiting for ducks to get to him will be INT City too. Some of you sound like you think Pennington will make them great.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

To worry about Pennington is hilarious.

Against a Rex Ryan D he can't do anything.

5 INTs in the playoff game in 08. I can see him throwing 2 if he's still healthy when they come to play the Jets.

20. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Benching Henne is just so hilarious, after all the asinine comparisons between him and Sanchez and the Fin fans labeling him the next great qb in the league.. totally hilarious news.