Jets vs Browns Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IATA, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Just call Eric and ask.

He's always happy to accommodate the Jets.

2. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

The Jets should match up well against the Browns. If they stop the run and put a spy on McCoy, I don't see how Cleveland moves the ball with any regularity.

Sure they beat the Saints and the Patriots. But they did it by running the ball against the Pats -- over 220 yards -- and 2 returns for a TD plus a fake punt for 70 yards against the Saints.

This is a game that the Jets should absolutely domintate.

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Yeah, we'll see if that actually happens tho. I'm confident they will win but I expect this one to be close.

4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I don't know what team you've been watching the past few weeks, but I doubt its the Jets.

Our defense has played somewhere between good and excelent over that span. The Offense has played some where between good and piss poor in the same span. They were great in the last 5 mins and OT of the Lions game, but for the preceeding 11 Quarters they were awful. Fumbles, False starts, a few picks, and a ton of dropped balls. They are not excuting at all. I hope for a continued turnaround about am not confident.

The Browns offense is in for a tough task. We are geared well to stop them. Our run D has been beastly and McCoy is going against a tough set of corners. He played well agaisnt the Steelers, Saints, and Pats, but with a bit more tape in the can to look at i'm betting rex will be ready.

I'm looking for a low Scoring, grind it out type of game with the team making the least mistakes winning. If thats the care the jet need to find a way to eliminate the extreme ammount of mistakes they have beem comiting over the past few weeks.

5. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I think the big thing is just being ready for any trick plays. I bet Mangini tries some trickery against us to get an advantage, whether is be a onside kick, fake field goal/punt, somethings coming.

If we are prepared for that, I think we can be put in some real good situations.

6. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Did you even read the first part of my post?

This is a horrible match up for Cleveland. Please explain how the Browns are going to score more than 17 points.

If the Jets eliminate the self-inflicted mistakes, they should score between 27-31.

7. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I wholeheartedly agree. We need to see them play more disciplined and eliminate those awful penalties.

8. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Not to be a prick, but what are you smoking? Your receivers are "way better"? We've had a case of the dropsies lately, but your receivers are no where near better than Cotchery, let alone Holmes or Edwards. And I wont even dignify comparing our TEs.

9. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

It'll be close. We can't turnover the football.

Their defense has been playing great

10. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

I think he's s jets fan

11. JackBower

That match up really concerns me. I don't have any concrete evidence to be, I just am.

Something about a very tall CB covering a shifty small WR seems awkward to me.

12. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

That would explain why his comment went unchallenged. I stand corrected. LOL

13. 624

624 Banned

Since the Browns don't have a legit #1 WR, I see us just playing left and right this game with Revis and Cro.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Cro has the speed to deal with him.

If not, Cro goes on Mo Mass and Revis deals with Stuckey.

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I can see that happening too.

I'm going with Rex's style of matchups though.

In terms of the passing game, this should be a day for zero coverage.

Send 7 at McCoy. Let's see how the kid handles the pressure.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

You are the first person to ever be concerned with a Chansi Stuckey matchup. Congrats! :)

17. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

We gotta be careful about trick plays. They don't have the talent at the skill positions to beat us straight up.

They have an excellent offensive line and a defense that can make plays, along with good special teams

We need to play fundamentally sound football. Limit turnovers and penalties. We'll win if we do that.

I really like the browns, just not this week. ;)

18. JackBower

Oh Mangini, you're so sneaky. What ever will you do?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5781284

Gives you terrible flashbacks of his awful press conferences.

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

They've been hiding Colt within the game as much as possible. When we stop their run they will be forced to use Colt as a QB.

I pray to God that Schotty has seen light with the playcalling and utilizes what Mark is good at it. Hitting Keller over the middle some quick passes to Holmes, deep balls to Braylon and bounce balls off Cotchery's chest and/or face.

All while running the ball.

The Browns have a weak pass D and a average run D, so I expect us to test their secondary early and often. We should be able to get the ball with ease, again as long as Schotty doesn't get cute.

Rob maybe Rex's brother but:
    1. He's not anywhere near the talent that Rex is.
    2. They don't have the defensive personnel that we do
    3. Jet players have been saying how well Mark has been doing in practive vs our number 1 guys, so I don't think Rob can surprise him with anything.

Oh, and KELLER, KELLER, KELLER.

20. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Doing that almost takes away the strength of having Revis. One of his best assets is studying film of his next victim, analyzing every aspect of that particular WR's game.

That being said I just looked at their depth chart, maybe we should give Revis the week off. I'm pretty sure Cro can cover 2 of their best wideouts at the same time. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.