Solution for Offensive Troubles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Penning10toColes, Nov 7, 2010.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Do some Draw plays, that will make LT explode again. We never do any Draws.

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I agree that Greene needs more carries, but Keller still needs more plays called his way.

When Keller had catches we scored, simple as that. It makes teams aware and just opens up so many options.

3. MadBacker Prime

After years of watching failed draws, I'm just fine not running them. Lol

4. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

exactly. they need to use keller like manning used dallas clark. similar styles of ability to make big plays.

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I agree 1000000000000% with the above.

On Braylon's TD I thought they were going to do the above.

6. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Well I was a fan of leaving Schottenheimer in downtown Detroit but...

7. Rascio

Rascio New Member

I think on the first play from scrimmage Sanchez needs to Play action and air it out. With teams putting so many people in the box and telling the CS that you will have to beat us by throwing it, they need to open the field from the get go.

Also I'd like to see B. Smith get some more time with the ball as well. He can be so explosive if in the right schemes.

8. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

just a thought how about activating mcknight for next week. i know hes had fumbling issues but maybe hes ready and could add a spark.

9. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

BAWHAHA

Was thinking Hackett the instant I saw that...

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He's a HOFer.... its kind of his thing :grin:

11. APOLO11

APOLO11 Banned

I agree. LT can catch and also throw the ball well.

12. Tenn_JetsFanatic

Greene will see increased carries as the season progresses

13. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Teams are daring Sanchez to beat them as they should. Hopefully, they got a good luck at that bomb to Braylon.

14. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

I think Sanchez completion percentage is the biggest thing holding us back right now. It's about 50% the last 3 weeks. It's hard to sustain drives with that many incomplete passes. We need to control the clock,shorten the game, and run against a tired D in the 4th quarter to put the game away.

A low completion percentage, and rushing average under 4 ypc is the absolute worst thing for this offense. I think the Oline needs to step up and dominate games like last year. It didn't matter who we played, we owned the LOS and ran it.

We should be even better this year with a developed Sanchez, and some good WR but it's just not working. Time for everyone to step up and keep drives alive. No turnovers, no untimely penalties, no drops, and lets run for 5 ypc rather than 4. Keep drives alive, and own the clock. That's how we need to win games-- easier said than done but I feel like that's the fomula. Look for Mark to be over 60% next week. I don't care if we run a Chad Pennington dink and dunk all game. Lets control the ball and wear teams down.

15. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

I agree with your assessment of the running game at this time. LT is looking a little tentative for some reason. Maybe other teams have been daring us to pass, but Greene really looked like he was running with a purpose yesterday. I think he deserves more playing time.

16. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

That's true too. I think in general the Jets need to take advantage of the depth of their weapons, but to start I think they need to utilize Greene specifically and give Tomlinson some rest.

17. MadBacker Prime

I don't agree with this at all. Dan Marino's career completion percentage was 59.4%.

Our formula earlier in the year worked great, get Keller the ball, throw deep to Braylon and mix in some J-Co. We all complained for years about the dink and dunk passing game, how is that going to open up the running game?

Yesterday the coaches should've realized Greene was on and should've given him more carries. he as averaging 4.6 per carry.

We drafted Sanchez to be a QB not a Pez dispenser, we need to spread the field, show the league that Sanchez can do this on a consistent basis and watch the running game roll.

With weapons like Edwards, Holmes, Keller, J-Co, LT, and Greene we don't dink and dunk, we mix it up with some deep balls, some 20 yard patterns to Keller, screens to the RB's and a few dinks here and there.

18. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

I'm not really suggesting we turn Mark into Pennington, I'm just trying to prove the point that we need to be accurate. You mention that the dink and dunk isn't going to open up the running game-- well, throwing the ball 40 times per game hasn't done much for our YPC the last 3 weeks has it?

I think we tone this offense down a bit and call some higher percentage plays. Lets keep the ball and keep drives alive. Completion percentage is a very important stat for a team built like ours.

19. MadBacker Prime

Problem with the running game yesterday was LT could not get it done, while Greene could. I have no clue why they kept Greene out, teams that stack the box seem to be a problem for LT but not for Greene.

Again their was no rhythm to the playcalling until late, where it looks like Sanchez made most of the calls when going no huddle.

Despite these woes you speak of we lead going into the second half, got the ball to start the 3rd, and driving well. Got a quick first down in 2 plays, a run with Greene, a pass to Greene. The Braylon fumbled the ball our D allowed a TD off that turnover.

It was a up and down game, but Greene was the superior runner yesterday, and I think going forward Greene will be used early to pound out some tough yards, mix in some passes to Keller, and the WR's, then let LT finish them.

20. Trifco

Trifco New Member

imho the first solution would be letting Mark call the plays in the first downs.

Not all game, he's not that good (yet?), but it seems like when he's in charge he plays a lot more confident, reacts and executes a lot better (I mean, he looks like a QB).
    On the other hand, there are moments in the game when he seems unconfortable.

Schotty is the ultimate responsible of the offense, so he can't just let Mark run the show, but he can give him the keys on the first downs.
    If the play Mark calls doesn't work, Schotty will still have 2 downs to try to make it right.

Oh, that and the fact that our first downs are already a wasted play anyway. :smile: