Bart Scott - Lions are the dirtiest team he's ever played against

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Nov 7, 2010.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Schwartz was their DC before he left.

That's two Schwartz led defenses that play dirty.

2. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

This year is probably the worst referee season I've ever seen. And I think it is happening all over the league.

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

:rofl2:

I just saw this.

I made that exact comparison on two other threads.

4. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I agree, The refs have been horrible all over this year. To bad the NFL does not care and will never do anything about it. They freak out if Favre gets a cut on his chin (a clean hit I might add) but if the refs ruin a game they don't care a lick, they do nothing.

5. Irv

Irv Member

Dirty and insolent whiners. What a combination. Hey Smith, Peterson, look at the standings, bitches. How's that 2-6 taste?

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets...lk_story_ctXdFnELxEEUHGq2g32S3N#ixzz14ng4iZUS

6. 624

624 Banned

"It hurts, because you let -- and yeah, I'll say it -- an inferior team come out with the win," Lions CB Alphonso Smith said. "We allowed an inferior team to walk out of here with a win."

LOL the Jets inferior to the Lions?

7. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

were they inferior when you got burned for 75 yards Alphonso?

lol. I hope they lose every game this year (except against the pats)

8. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I was at the game, and I thought I was going to get ripped to shreds. Lions fans were P I S S E D, and rightfully so. They were the better team up until the 4th quarter, but the better teams usually don't lose.

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

They are a good team with Stafford and very bad without him. The kid makes plays, if only he could stay healthy.

Up untill the last 5 mins of the game we looked awful. Hopefully we carry some of that mojo forward to next week on offense.

10. isired

isired New Member

Well the last one definitely was legal, but the fact that they got called 3 times for something you usually don't see called once in 3 weeks tells you the refs were looking for it they've got a reputation for it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

If you get called for a chop block once and you continue to keep going low on defenders than the refs will be quick to call it again on u. This season has been all about player safety

And LOL @ Alphonso Smith. He can think the Jets are inferior all he wants while he enjoys his 2-6 record.

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Shaun Hill played well for them too, I know how you love yardage.

Hill threw for 335 yards against the Eagles... Their pass D is ranked higher then ours. Hill played in their stomping of the Rams.

I'd say they're a team on their way up, but not good just yet, good teams find ways to win, not lose.

Just curious, considering the small sample size we have and the Lions have of Stafford how do you figure they're good with him? They won 2 games all of last year, and under him this year they've won 1.

13. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Its called Karma.......what goes around, comes around......:up:

14. miggymiggs

miggymiggs New Member

wow - watched this like 5 times back to back to back. B.Scott is the man. You can tell his was P.O.'d. Made me think of the time Ray lewis threw the ball at i forget who during pregame warmups and he came up and launched the ball at him - I wish everyone on our Defense played with his intensity.

love B.Scott. and that made me go out and order his jersey BTW.

15. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Bullshit....I was a guard in HS. I had to cut all the time. When you cut, you cut BELOW the knees. Those fucking guys were going AT the knees. That's a fucking dirty block disguised as a legal cut block. Thats bush league crap.

16. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

They WERE inferior......until they started playing that is......

17. RedRamage

RedRamage New Member

Take it with a grain of salt... this was right after the lose when feelings where high and emotions were raw.

18. RedRamage

RedRamage New Member

I haven't been specifically looking for it, but I don't recall the Lions getting penalties for chop blocks in the past this year. Maybe once or twice if that. I don't think you can say that the Lions have a rep for it at all.

19. RedRamage

RedRamage New Member

Talk about hitting the nail on the head. This is exactly how most the Lions fans I've talked with feel.

20. RedRamage

RedRamage New Member

I really don't know here this feeling that the Lions are a dirty team comes from. To the best of my knowledge this is the first time that I've heard an opposing team call the Lions dirty. I also seem to remember that the Jets had a couple of questionable things pretty early in the game too... The Stafford out of bounds hit (which was a questionable call, but a team could easily think the Jets were targeting a player still working back from injury). Then there was the time that a Lion can in at the end of a play to "clean it up" and push the pile in the direction that was favorable to the Lions. That came before the whistle was blown and had an effect on the play. But a Jets player didn't like it, grabbed the Lions player by the face mask and tried to rip his helmet off.

It was an emotional play with both teams having a lot on the line. When you get 100+ guys pumped up and running around on the field trying to hit each other harder than the other guy is going to hit you... well, it's not surprising if things get a bit out of hand here or there. I don't see that the Lions were really out of line anymore than the Jets were.