Jets vs Browns Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IATA, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I have no fear about their offense doing anything. I'm only concerned that ours might not show up.

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

What could possibly compel you to have a fear like that?

3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

This.

The Lions offense is much better than the Browns. There strength is Peyton Hillis. Our strength is the front-7. We will stop them on the ground and make Colt McCoy beat us through the air. Get a little pressure in this kids face and that'll be all she wrote.:jets::jets:

4. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

stop hillis and make mccoy beat us

kids luck will run out soon enough

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Mangini's boys are rollin' and won't be taken lightly. Control the LOS, control the game.

6. IATA

IATA Trolls

If Rob Ryan isn't a head coach somewhere next year, the NFL is fucking terrible.

7. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

Will be an interesting game. Seeing all of Colt's games (dvr is a great thing), I would say he is more accurate, confident and better instincts than Sanchez. Sanchez has a better arm. We also have way better receivers, TEs are about even overall but Keller is the best of the bunch. Hillis is a load. you can say all that good shit about putting 8 in the box and nailing Hillis, but Browns also have a good line and a good FB (Vickers). It isnt going to be easy to stop Hillis even with 8 in the box. Key will be stopping 3rd down conversions, especially 3rd and less than 4.

Browns D has been good in terms of pts allowed, but they are susceptible to the big play (always when they blitz, a ryan brother's trait?). Pats dont have a big play receiver and that helped the Browns today.

Front 7 D comparisons are interesting. Mangini really seems to have the front 7 in Cleveland that he was trying to have here. Browns LBs are a little slow, but they are very stout against the run. Browns NT is really good, and when Rogers plays end, that is a tough line. If Jets offense is successful, it will be with speed, I dont expect us to be able to run over these guys.

I think this could be a real body bag type game. Bad weather would favor browns at home I think, but I think the Jets can pull this off if they play well. They dont even have to play great, just play solid and they'll get the W.

8. 624

624 Banned

It would be awesome if Rob went to the Bills.

I know it won't happen because the Bills aren't firing their coach after one season, but it'd be cool.

9. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I think I'd play the run and make Colt beat us with his arm. If he does that with Revis and Cromartie back there, so be it. Basically the same game plan every team has against the Jets.

Looks like the no-huddle worked fairly well, maybe we work in a little of that as well. Hell, I'm no coach, just babbling.

Never thought I'd say it, but I wouldn't want to be a team playing the Browns or Bills right now.

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Based on what?

11. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

I agree on what the gameplan will be, but execution is the issue. I saw the browns center having his way with wilfork today. so, even with 8 in the box, the brons can grind out yardage if the Jets dont execute. I was actually wondering earlier in the week how Belichik was going to stop Hillis, you can get a 1 on 1 by scheme even if the browns execute perfectly, but Hillis will go over one guy with a running start no problem. you have to penetrate to stop hillis.

I remember a monday night game where KCs line and larry johnson were all over Ray Lewis. The chiefs were just blowing the vaunted ravens D up. That is the nightmare scenario for me. The scheme is obvious, the execution is in question.

12. APOLO11

APOLO11 Banned

They win by an attacking defense. Anyone remember the 1980 oakland raiders? They came out of nowhere with the defense leading the way. Kind of like when baltimore beat the new york giants in the superbowl. With that team, baltimore's greatest strength on offense was a quarterback that did not make mistakes.

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

:drunk:

Don't compare the best single-season defense in history to Cleveland's defense.

14. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

show me where he is talking about the 85/86 Bears

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I am talking statistically.

16. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Any way we can engineer a Brett Favre trade to the Browns?

17. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I was pretty impressed by the way the Browns kicked the shit out of the pats today. They dominated the pats. Hillis stomped the pats D for 184 yds & 2 Tds. Beating the pats and Saints back to back certainly makes me think that they are an improving ballclub and could be tough to beat in the dawg pound.

I think this could be the best game of the season coming up.

18. nycgoons

nycgoons New Member

The Jets are going to Pop,Lock, and Drop em

19. APOLO11

APOLO11 Banned

What I'm saying is the way to beat cleveland is to attack that defense. Don't let the dawgs in the pond get all jazzed up. Another thing is that the saints are on a little skid and the patriots are in a rebuliding mode. Losing moss has not helped them. The jets are contenders and we'll see if the browns are as good as the wins against the saints and pats suggest. I don't think they are good enough to challenge the steelers for the division. The jets will be a good indication of where things stand.
    Jets 27
    cleveland 13

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

that's actually a good question.

I'd say Mo Mass. He's their true #1. Cro on Stuckey should be fun to watch. Coleman should actually handle Robiskie.

Stop Hillis, win this game. Their defense is good, but not great.

This is a Ryan brother matchup, and Rex always seems to get the better of Rob.

Sidenote: its good to see a Rob Ryan defense actually working. He had shit in Oakland, and he wasn't allowed free reign from Al. Warren Sapp has plenty of stories about Davis walking in and tearing up Rob's gameplan and wanting things his way. Now Rob is doing much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.