Jets vs Lions Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IATA, Oct 31, 2010.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

are you oblivious to the entire Jets season thus far...or are you only fixated on the Packers/Jets game?

EDIT: oh wait....you're the genius that wanted to bench Sanchez in favor of Clemens last season.....nevermind....i forgot who we were dealing with here.

2. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

3. jthom19802

jthom19802 New Member

And some random dude on another site said Lions win and he's 6 - 1. Scouts Inc even favors the Lions.

As a Lions fan I know what that means... absolutely nothing.

4. jets_fan_in_fishtown

lol @ you for taking me seriously

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

i think this game could be closer.....if the Jets weren't embarrassed last week against the Packers.

I actually have sympathy for the Lions this week.....it's not going to be pretty.

6. jthom19802

jthom19802 New Member

Yes, I thought you were definitely super-serious. Especially when I saw that link for adult swim.

I would like to introduce you to my good friend irony lol.

7. jets_fan_in_fishtown

yep. my exact thoughts.

i think if we beat the packers, we might have a let down. but this team is pissed and hungry. i think the comments coming from the detroit press and the lions themselves (i.e. nate burleson "time to have some fun when they play 1 safety deep".) only fuel the fire.

we're going to play up to our talent. no doubt about it

8. jthom19802

jthom19802 New Member

It's really irrelevant. Lions have been so bad for so long they could put up 50 on the Jets and beat them down and still there would be no press for it.

All next week all over ESPN and the rest of the media it would be "what's wrong with the Jets?" rather than "how good are the Lions?".

So it goes when you're a Lions fan.

9. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

I think that carryover, oh they're pissed now, revenge and the like is completely overblown.

It's a fan thing, and it usually means little between the lines.

10. jets_fan_in_fishtown

yeah, i guess it meant nothing after the ravens game against patriots and the 5 game win streak.

completely overblown

no team is going to be eager to go out there and play their best after a underachieving stinker. that's a ridiculous concept

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

uhh...i'm pretty sure teams take losses personally within their lockeroom....and I guarantee you, Rex Ryan and the Jets are livid over their performance from last week.

Get your popcorn ready.

12. DisgruntledLionFan

An how long do you think that mentality lasts after the game actually starts?

The beat the Pats because they played better than they did and made better adjustments, not because they were thinking about some winning streak during the second half.

13. jthom19802

jthom19802 New Member

I agree with DLF, most of that stuff is for the fans. The stories in the press, the "revenge" etc etc. It's silly to think that anything about the Green Bay game will cause the Jets to play "harder" or with "more intensity". You guys are 5 - 2. The Jets aren't playing to "avenge the Packers game", they are playing to win a division and get to the playoffs.

14. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

When you're 5-1...and then your offense puts up a goose-egg the next week....trust me, I'm sure the players didn't take too kindly to that. The Jets will lay the hammer down...no doubt about that.

I wouldn't expect you guys to understand that feeling though.....because winning isn't really part of your culture....

15. RedRamage

RedRamage New Member

There certainly is potential for disaster. I think a LOT of how the game ends up with be determined in the first quarter. If the Lions are able to score some points and hold off the Jets then the Jets may try to pass more and our DL could get amp'd up.

However, if the Lions D can't stop the Jets and the Lions are unable to put any points up early they the Lions will start getting desperate and the game could turn into a run away victory for the Jets.

If both teams score around the same amount I'll think the Jets will end up winning a close one.

16. jets_fan_in_fishtown

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

17. RedRamage

RedRamage New Member

Well... true. And just think, you can always look at this way Jets fans: If you win on Sunday, you'll have managed to tie the all-time series between the Jets and the Lions, so you definitely got that going for you.

Keep working at it and eventually you might tie us for the number of times being Champions of the NFL!

:wink:

18. DisgruntledLionFan

Too funny.

SOJ has to do with all the winning, right?

19. jets_fan_in_fishtown

when was the last time the lions were in the playoffs? or rather..won a playoff game?

it must be hard not to watch meaningful games in january for over a decade...or november for that matter.

you guys haven't won a playoff game in almost 20 years. a large part of the fan base wasn't even born then...ouch

#299 jets_fan_in_fishtown, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  20. jets_fan_in_fishtown

you sound like a dolphins fan.

we all care about the relevance of football in the 1950's. very pertinent to our lives now. maybe you can dig deeper in the crates and find victories from pre WWII