Anyone Else Tired of Joe Namath??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 17a_tailgater, Sep 4, 2010.

1. sg3

sg3 Banned

Listened to the pathetic old lush for a few secs on the Kaye show. He started by attacking Dilfer for, after reviewing every throw of the last game, saying that Sanchez threw pretty well and the receivers were at fault for dropping a bunch.

"I wanna kiss yoooou" said that Dilfer must have been drinking because, based on Joe's review of every play (along with his associate, Jack Daniels) Sanchez was terrible, inaccurate and golly dang gee awful.

I guess the bitter old drunk forget all of his sensational seven interception games and is now the expert on accuracy

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

He did not have any of those.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Yeah, he only had 6 INT games(3 of them). He had 7 five or more INT games in his career, that's incredible.

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

wow greta idea of a namath reality show with his daughters.
    what would we name it????

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

"Joe Namath wears the pantyhose in this family"

First try, gimme a bit-

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

"Taboo XII"?

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Holy crap this thread has hit rock bottom.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

'Paris Hilton's New Drug Addicted Whore BFF'

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The guy ripped Namath for inaccuracy and then posted inaccurate facts. That is why I wrote what I wrote.

10. sg3

sg3 Banned

I was very inaccurate

said he threw for seven picks when it was only six picks multiple times

not nearly as inaccurate as the sad pathetic old drunk is in his weekly "anal -ysis" on the radio on the Kay show

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Is it possible that Willie is jealous of Sanchez because if he ever takes us to the promised land and wins the big one, then he will replace Willie as the greatest jet QB and finally, Willie is an after thought. And if the Jets held the ring of honor ceremony this weekend, would the fans boo when Willie was announced?

12. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

There's only accurate and inaccurate retard.

You were inaccurate.

13. hendersg

hendersg New Member

You sound very cynical and sarcastic. Joe was a great QB, won his SP and earned his right to talk.

14. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Very solid first effort!!! I like it. :up:

15. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Is there another organization in football with a defacto leader the way Namath is with the Jets? I like Namath and all but it's getting ridiculous the way he represents/critiques this team at every opportunity.

16. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

He SHOULD represent us! He SHOULD critique us! Of ALL the players in our history, Namath IS the Jets. If ANYONE has the credientials to represent us, it's Namath. He cares about the team and the fans, and I love listening to his take on the organization. Those of you who are "tired" of Namath....tough shit! He's ours and he's not going anywhere! Love ya, Joe!! Thanks for being loyal to your past.

17. Play Like A Jet

I'm sorry folks but Broadway Joe really wasn't all that good. He threw for a shade over 200 yards in the Super Bowl victory he guaranteed, and only 73 of those yards were thrown to somebody other than George Sauer. Matt Snell rushed for 121 yards and a touchdown and still Joe Willie got the MVP over those guys. He's really only relevant because of his guarantee and the fact that he was the quarterback of the only Super Bowl winning team in Jets franchise history. His career quarterback rating is a 65.5 and he's thrown almost 50 more interceptions than touchdowns (173 TD's 220 INT's)! Besides the hardware on his finger even guys like Matt Hasselbeck have already shown him up (170 TD's & 118 INT's 82.5 QB rating). To put Joe Namath on the pedestal that we Jets fans have him on is to basically call Eli Manning the second coming of Jesus (which we all know is actually Darrelle) since comparatively, Manning is better statistically in every category and has also thrown for over 4,000 yards. Admittedly though, he's the best quarterback in our franchise's history.

18. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I second. I'll never tire of Joe Willie, even when he sometimes says or does something foolish. This reminds me of so called Yankee fans that say they are tired of hearing about Mantle. I'll never tire of either one of them, and I'm not even a Yankees fan.

19. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

name another jet qb who delivered a lombardi trophy? :mad:

20. Johnny_Sample

Johnny_Sample New Member

No, I'm not tired of Joe Namath. Anyone who saw him play and experience what he meant to NY will never get tired of him. And besides, everyone has the right to get old and cranky.