17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

We have a crowd that waits for good things to happen, it's a typical NY crowd. We need good things to happen before we make noise and not much good was happening. Add in the colder day where people w/ club access can watch inside and the building looks emptier.

The only thing I like about this building is despite less people it seems to be louder. even if the place is half full it can get really loud, I never felt that in the old place.

Other than that it's a $1.7 billion dump that was designed for non-Jet/Giant fans.

2. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I'm sorry but I hit the pike in literally 5 minutes from my tailgate spot.

It used to take me 30 minutes to get out of the lot and on the pike.

3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Wow, seems like no one likes the new stadium.

4. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Many do, but I don't happen to be one of them ; )

It's like a call-in talk show. The negative feelings are what encourages someone to call in or write a post. Those who like it or are indifferent about it are less inclined to comment.

5. Gator

Gator Active Member

I get in and out much faster now too.

6. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Would those of you that say you hate the new stadium still have those same feelings if there weren't any PSL's involved? I find that we tend to tolerate more when we aren't paying as much money for it.

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I love my seats, love my view, love that it's not called Giants Stadium.

As the season goes on I dislike the crowd more and more. I never thought I'd have to yell at people at almost every 3rd down play on defense.

It's freaking ridiculous. The crowd is what ruins it for me. I don't care about the food, cost of shit, I bought tickets because I love the Jets, and love the game day experience.

8. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

I like my seats, but LIKED my old seats better. My view is very similar now, but about 100 Feet farther back. I've said from the start that this "new" crowd is a joke. Every guy in my section had a wife or girlfriend with him. I never recall seeing this many chicks at Jets games. Don't get me wrong, I love chicks...but most of them have no fuking clue what's going on during a game. It just doesn't seem like a very knowledgeable crowd. But I will admit that the Jets gave us nothing to get really excited about on Sunday.

9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I agree - I love the Jets and the gameday experience too.

What are you yelling at the crowd for? The Ravens game we had an idiot decide the entire section needed to be led in a J-E-T-S chant. He's in the front row trying and trying, all PO'd with the response he's getting, yelling at everyone to "get into it" and after six attempts sits down. Well, the idiot was doing this while the Ravens were driving down the field for a score. What a dope. Then I look over and he's not even watching the field from his seat when the Jets get the ball back and are driving, proving that he really didn't care what was happening on the field. He just wanted attention and to impress his friends.

If you're yelling the team on, others will follow. Lead by example. Don't yell at them. It's not fun for you either. How could it be?

10. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Nothing wrong with chicks that know football.

Regardless, I have very knowledgeable, old-school fans that come to every game that sit in my section.

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The train is the reason people leave early. The line to get on the train is outrageously long,, must have been 2000 people on line after the game. Also, the train to my house leaves Secaucus junction at 04:05 and 06:05 so if you stay to the end of the game, you have to wait till 06:05 to get the train home. That plus people with PSL's and access to all the clubs are pussies and go to the bar and stay there because its cold. Wait till December, watch, the Mezzanine will be empty after the half, once they go inside, they ain't coming out. Also, if you go to the bathroom at the half, see you start of the 4th quarter. The whole thing sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

12. sg3

sg3 Banned

took the train -- left the stadium at 4:08, was on board a train within 7 minutes since they had three trains ready to go and the line was orderly, organized and moved fast, was at Secaucus before 4:30 and had a NY bound train waiting in the station -- arrived at Penn Station with plenty of time to spare to catch the 5:19 LIRR -- in the door at 5:50.

That's about 20 minutes longer than the drive home would have been and without the danger of being crashed into by drunks, paying the confiscatory parking pass and multiple bridge tolls for the pleasure

thank you NJT

13. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

The women found out Sanchez is a handsome guy.

Also Rex is a chick magnet. Get used to it!

14. JetsSec337Lot13B

You wouldn't complain as much about the chicks if gate D still existed. I love the chicks during the tailgate parties and even more I loved when the Ramapo College cheerleaders walked around and came by my tailgate. :up:

15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You just gave me a good idea. When the cold weather comes, I think I'll mosie on down to the Mezz and take any old seat I'd like to sit in. The bar pussies will be in their cubbie holes and I get to sit in a PSL seat and watch the game from their PSL seat for $105 without having the panty-waisted little cunts sitting next to me.

Think about it. It's a win-win for everybody.

16. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

Not true - i love the new stadium. I just picked up 2 more seats in Section 135.

17. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

Hey Section 227 - for what it's worth, the security guys down in the lower bowl haven't been checking tickets... just come down at half time.

18. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Nice seats/pick up. Did you buy the 4 remaining games as well?

19. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

4 seats from the Lower Prime which are double the cost (20k)!!. My new seats put me on the 25yrd-30yrd line.

Yes, I purchased the 4 remaining games and paid the 1st installment of my PSL (5 year plan). Next payment isn't until Nov 2011.

20. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Very nice, I am still surprised that they still have great seats like this still for sale. But like I said before nice seats man! I guess for you the hard part now is picking which ones you will be sitting in for the next 4 games lol.