Sit/Start Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by xmscott, Sep 7, 2010.

1. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Pick 3

Mendenhall vs NO
    Stewart (starting) Vs STL
    Blount vs ARI
    HighTower vs TB (2nd worse rush d)

2. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Can someone offer some advice if I should sit Jennings or not? Maclin is on the BYE and my other starter is Steve Johnson.

Basically, will any backup on my roster produce more than Jennings with Revis on him this week?

3. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Josh Freeman or Vince Young?

4. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Is Vince even going to play? I like Morgan Freeman against Arizona.

5. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Sounds like he is. I'm really just trying to gauge who I should pick up. I had Romo on my team, but since he's hurt I had to pick up one of those guys.

6. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Anyone????

7. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Wells is gonna be the force in the Arizona game...I wouldn't start Hightower I'd go with Mendenhall on the fact that you know what he is capable of rather than Blount. Thats just me.

8. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Pick one RB to start:

Moreno vs. SF
    Lynch vs. Oak
    T. Jones vs. Buf

Foster is a lock for the other spot.

9. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

I think I go with Jones. Moreno tweaked his hamstring in practice. Says he's ok, but who knows? I like Lynch, but think Seattle stinks.

10. CraigF1210

CraigF1210 Member

I'd go Jones, simply off remembering what he did against them for us last year

Need 1 rb, Greene vs GB, Mathews vs Tenn

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Robert Meachem or Mike Sims Walker?

Meachem goes against Pitt and Walker against Dallas

12. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Too many mouths to feed in New Orleans against a great defense, go with Sims Walker.

---------------------

Mine may be a bit confusing (flex can be any position) but here goes:

Need 1 QB, 2 WRs, and 1 Flex (can be anything)

Choose from the following:

Matt Stafford QB DET vs WAS
    Jon Kitna QB DAL vs JAC
    Chad Henne QB MIA vs CIN
    Santana Moss WR WAS vs DET
    Mike Williams WR SEA vs OAK
    Donald Driver WR GB vs J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

Thanks!
    Thomas Jones RB KC vs BUF

13. Reximus Prime

Reximus Prime New Member

I think I'd go with Garcon (#2 option now behind Wayne with Collie and Clark hurt, and should be a high scoring game), and Austin. Holmes is eventually going to have a huge game when him and Sanchez click, could be this week, but he's a riskier play. If you want to go high risk, high reward, then Holmes may be better than Austin, who will probably have a more pedestrian game but guaranteed to put up some points against an awful Jax defense.

Pick one for RB
    LT vs GB
    McFadden vs. Seattle

I was pretty much set on starting LT every week after the bye, but after DMC's game last week, I'm not so sure. Although, Seattle has the #2 ranked rush defense, and GB is banged up...and I think the Jets will score plenty on Sunday. Leaning towards LT. Other RB is Steven Jackson who I'm starting so long as he plays, he's facing a terrible Carolina defense and is awesome. What do you guys think?

Pick one for WR
    Garcon vs. HOU
    Lloyd vs. SF

Brandon Lloyd has been kind of shitty the past couple weeks, and this game is in London so who knows what the weather will be like, but the 49ers do suck. I really like Garcon though because of the Colts injuries, and I think the game on Monday night will have both teams around 30 points, but the Broncos-Niners game could be a low-scoring shitfest. Leaning towards Garcon here.

14. Reximus Prime

Reximus Prime New Member

Do you have Thomas Jones or was that a response to someone else? If you have TJ, definitely him as the flex.
    QB - Kitna and Henne both have good matchups, if Cincy's top two CB's sit out (both haven't practiced), Henne is probably the better play, but he's on Miami, so I wouldn't blame you for starting Kitna, he should do well also.
    WR - Santana and Mike Williams
    If you don't have Jones, you made it seem like flex can be anything, this includes QB? Then you should start Henne and Kitna...otherwise obviously all 3 receivers

15. jetsflyinginjersey

Flex - Jahvid Best vs. WAS or Driver vs. NYJ. Thanks.

Other 2 RBs are LT and Thomas Jones, other two WRs are Calvin Johnson and Garcon, and TE is Pettigrew.

16. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Yes, Thomas Jones is on my team and yes, I can flex a QB if I want to.

I had Santana and Mike Williams penciled in as well.

Of my 3 QBs I think Stafford is the best start even though he plays Washington.

For the sake of arguement, let's just say that I start Kitna at QB.

That leaves any of the following for the flex spot:

Matt Stafford QB
    Chad Henne QB
    Thomas Jones RB
    Donald Driver WR

Out of these four I think would go with Stafford but I am worried that Thomas Jones will end up with 20+ points on my bench.

From your post it would seem that you prefer Jones over the QBs with Henne getting the start at QB over Stafford and Kitna.

Anyone else want to chime in on this one?

Thanks again.

---------------------------------------------------------

Driver has been hurt, I would go with Best.

17. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I have this same dilemma with Jennings only my backups are Braylon and Lance Moore, with Garcon as my given starter for the week.

I think if we keep Revis on him the whole game like last year he won't get much, but given all our talk about how we're not neccesarily doing that there's always the possibility Rex lets Revis stay on one side of the field on certain plays and Cromartie gets beat deep by Jennings once, or Jennings gets some garbage-time yards if it's a blowout late.

Driver's been banged up lately, I don't really see him doing that much even against Cromartie for much of the game.

18. Freeman_McNeil#24

I would go Mendenhall and Stewart. Hightower lost his job and Blount is a bit of an unknown. Moore should open up the passing game for carolina a bit and that could lead to some nice runs

19. Freeman_McNeil#24

OK...need to start two RB's:
    MJD v. Dal
    Torrain v. Det
    Hart v. Houston (brown may be a go)
    Blount v. AZ
    Woodhead v. Min

I've ranked them in the order I would go with a possible 3-4 switch (14 team league Rb's are scarce!)

20. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

MoJo is a must strart, it´s close for the 2nd spot. Torrain got a great matchup and is clearly the workorse, i´m just a little worried, that Stafford might light up the Skins D and they have to play Catch up. Blount looked great last week, and might be due to take over the Bucs Backfield in a game, where they can just grind it out in the 2nd Half. I´m not sold on Hart, even if Brown is out. Houston can score a lot on Indy, and Indy can score a ton on Houston thou the air, so I can see Indy give up the Runninggame entirely. With the Williams Wall and D´s no longer having to give up the Run-D to contain the Pats Pass-O, I cant´s see woodhead doing a lot of damage, he might break free on a Draw or Screen, but that´s about it.

Torains 2 Fumbles last week make me wanna roll the Dice on Blount. I´d go with Blount and MoJo.

here i go:

Torain (@Det) or TJones (Buf)

also need a Bye Filler, Mike Williams SEA (vs. Aso) or Crayton (Ten)

#280 German Jets Fan, Oct 30, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2010