Jets vs Packers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Oct 25, 2010.

1. 624

624 Banned

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Is this your first time on the Internet?

While doing a Google image search tell your Mom to put safe search to strict.

That place could scar you for life.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Why?

4. MadBacker Prime

Gotcha-

You are certainly lucky the trash talking forum isn't open then, you would be getting called much worse things then weird.

I realize now using the term "weird" can be hurtful and will strike it from my forum usage.

On a side-note though, you're a bit odd.

5. MadBacker Prime

Sorry-

I agree, we blew out the Bills and beat the Pats by 2 TD's and then just ran conservative.

I think the nature in which we play has us getting out to a big lead, and then just burning clock. I'm happy we aren't the Pats and run up the score.

6. ArodtoJennings

ArodtoJennings Active Member

Seriously not here for trash talk. That is probably why I come off as a bit odd. Not sure why you think that? I will be the first one to admit you guys have our number.

7. MadBacker Prime

Okie Dokie, sounds good, I think we should get back to game talk anyway.

Certainly sucks for Poppinga and Neal, anyone getting talked about over in Packer land to blame?

Trainers or Docs?

8. ArodtoJennings

ArodtoJennings Active Member

I think the trainers are to blame. I see one of the trainers every year at the strongman competition. I think I will ask him what is going on? Nobody else has half as many injuries as we do.

9. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

This game is gonna be tougher than a lot of people think. I know GB has issues with injuries, but Rodgers is an excellent QB who works extremely well under pressure, and they have depth. This is a solid football team.

All that said, the Jets should still win this one. Hopefully this is the week where the defense takes on shades of last season and dominates a game. We're gonna need them to play better as the season progresses.

10. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, though, this would be the perfect week to randomly test his ass!

11. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

It seems as if the Jets are either taking advantage of mistakes to barely win or making mistakes to prevent them from extending a lead.

Probably a little pessimism talking, combined with the fact that we've only played one truly bad team so far (Bills). The Buffalo game is the only game this year where I wasn't digging my nails into the couch the whole time.

The bottom line is that they are winning, so that's all that matters. It sure would be nice to see them really pound a good team in the dirt and not let them hang around. I'm thinking the bye week will allow them to get their ducks in a row, heal up and start to enforce some dominant defense.

#151 bojanglesman, Oct 26, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  12. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

There aren't 15 better. I said he's barely in the top 15. If I made a list I'd probably rank him around 12th-14th.
    That's not a personal attack at all really. If it were I'd go into more detail.
    Mark may have better numbers but that's beside the point. We have a much better line, and running game. If Mark had to throw and run for his life like Rodgers does he would look like a very average qb. 2 years ago Rodgers was a fantastic qb but nobody realized it much because the D was so terrible. Last year he was for SURE a top 5 qb and imo top 3. This year he has thrown a few more interceptions because nobody is respecting the non-existant rush and the Packers are constantly playing keep up.

That's about right. Somewhere in that group..

This cannot honestly be a serious question. Eli, Don, and Romo don't even come close to Rodgers. I'm not even going to debate this.

missed gem? likewise.. i missed that you said harvin is not the nightmare matchup that brad smith is. Now I love Brad Smith just as much as the next guy but come on dude he is no Percy Harvin. That kid is a freak.

I at this point in time would rather have Rodgers vs Brady or Brees. I'm sure I'll get blasted for it but A-Rod is more hungry and only going to improve. He's still young. Brady isn't the qb he was a few years ago. Brees is more of a stretch. He's not playing very well this year and I admit I'm likely being bias.

#152 NYJalltheway, Oct 26, 2010
  13. Green N' Gold

Green N' Gold New Member

Green Bay's injuries aren't a factor? The Jets have had more or just as many?:rofl:

Packers players on IR this year after only 7 weeks!!

Ryan Grant (starting running back)
    Morgan Burnett (starting safety)
    Nick Barnett (starting ILB)
    Mike Neal (backup LDE)
    Brady popinga (backup OLB)
    JerMichael Finley (starting TE)
    Justin Harrell (backup LDE)

In addition to those guys being done for the year, we've also been without: Matthews, Brandon Chillar (LB) who just came back, Cullen Jenkins (starting RDE) who missed the Vikings game and is questionable for the Jets game, Ryan Pickett (starting LDE) who played 7 snaps against the Vikings before going down and will be doubtful against the Jets, Al Harris and Atari Bigby both on the PUP list. One or both will be activated for his first game against the Jets, Harris would be my guess.

Injuries happen all the time in football and the good teams overcome them and move on. But, at some point they can take their tole on a team. I challenge anyone on this forum to come up with a team that has had more guys go DOWN FOR THE SEASON then the Packers. Even still, we're 4-3 in a weak ass NFC and have lost 3 games by a total of 9 points.

With regards to the game, can't wait for it! I'll be on the 10 yard line club level with my Rodgers jersey on.:metal: Key to the game IMO is stopping your running game which could be a problem if Pickett and Jenkins are out. We need to start fast, get a lead and then hold on. You guys might be flat coming off the bye just like last year. Didn't you lose to the Jags at home off the bye last year? Our O-line played good last week and Brian Jackson is one of the best backs in the league at picking up the blitz. I see Revis going against Jennings, Cro on Driver and don't know who'll cover Jones and Nelson. The loss of Finley for us is HUGE in this game but Quarless although a rookie, can play. He is further along in his rookie year than Finley was last year. Our defense has been playing very good this year. We're giving up more yards on the ground this year due to the injuries but our back end has been playing lights out. Tramon Williams who's been awesome this year will draw Holmes, Woodson will be in the slot and probably will be on Keller a good portion of the time. If we can slow down LT and Green and it's a big IF I don't see Sanchez beating us with his arm. Packers steal this on the road on a late Crosby 50 yard FG at the gun, 27-24.:grin:

14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Congratulaions on winning the injury battle. You can have that one.

Packers biggest problem, they cannot run the ball.

15. 624

624 Banned

Just to let you know Green'n'Gold...every single opponent's fans have come on here saying that "Sanchez won't be able to beat us with his arm..he'll throw 5 picks blah blah"

Sanchez has been great this year, you may be surprised at what he can do...especially with arguably the best receiving corps in the NFL with Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery, Keller, and Tomlinson

EDIT: Who's Brian Jackson?....

#155 624, Oct 26, 2010
  16. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Burnett is not the starter... come on man.
    Why bring up Brian Jackson? WTF
    I disagree. I think the Jets will pass pretty well on GB.

17. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

aaron rodgers has a great arm and good mobility but heis not a top 5 qb ... he folds under pressure situations (ala romo), he has lost damn near every close game he has played in, that is not the sign of a top 5 qb

id say p. manning, brady, big ben, brees, rivers, e. manning are all better today. id put him in the tier with romo, schaub, mcnabb and m. ryan

18. Green N' Gold

Green N' Gold New Member

Burnett was the opening starter for Bigby who was on the Pup. He and Collins are are starting safeties, WTF? Brandon Jackson was mentioned because he's above average at picking up the blitz.

19. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

No way Rodgers deserved to be linked w/ Mr. Unclutch Romo.

P. Manning, Brady, Big Ben & maybe Brees are top qb right now. Rogers is as good as anyone else to be #5. Think we take for granted how tough it is for a qb to carry his team when there's not a running game opposing defense needs to respect.

20. Green N' Gold

Green N' Gold New Member

My bad.. Brandon Jackson, typo. Third down back thrust into a starting role who's improving every week. Average almost 4.0 ypc. against the Vikings front, not bad at all.

Not saying Sanchez can't make all the throws. I'll take my chances with him beating us with his arm then LT and Rice rolling all over us which could happen. Teams haven't been able to make you one dimensional that much this year, a testament to your O-line play. Some did earlier in the year and Sanchez and your passing game struggled.

Arguably the best receiving core in the league? C'mon bro.. there are better out there. You'll see one come into town this Sunday.