Jets vs Packers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Oct 25, 2010.

1. nycgoons

nycgoons New Member

Should i bench Aaron rodgers?

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

To all my fellow Wisconsinites visiting the board, welcome. This is a great site and I hope you stay.

Next up, no don't bench Rodgers. He's a must start every week.

Also, Hobbes you're fucking retarded. Aaron Rodgers is a top 3 qb in the NFL. Sanchez is barely in the top 15 imo. Although he is on his way to being a solid top 10 qb in this league for years to come, the truth is he will never be Aaron Rodgers. You don't watch every Packer game. I do. I know what I'm talking about.

3. JohnMexico

JohnMexico New Member

The injuries have been REALLY, REALLY sobering, but I still have faith in this team. Still, this will be the last time i'll ever drink the preseason media kool-aid.

And they still fight. In addition to our huge obvious injuries, we pretty much lost our draft class besides Andrew Quarless (starting by default) and CJ Wilson (only playing due to injuries to Ryan Pickett Justin Harrell, and rookie stud Mike Neal). Morgan Burnett and Mike Neal were absolutely HUGE in regards to our future, and because of season ending injuries, they are now some of those "we'll see" projects.

This disaster of a season has actually showed many Packer fans how deep of a team Ted Thompson has built, despite him being a stubborn mule.

Anyways, I see the Miami loss being referenced a lot here. I don't see it as a big deal (although the Chicago loss and the Washington loss still ****ing piss me off). If Clay Matthews is on the field, I think our defense can challenge anybody, even in it's depleted state. Against Miami, nobody even got close to Henne. We couldn't blitz because we had guys back there that wouldn't be playing on most NFL teams if it wasn't for injuries elsewhere. We barely had enough warm bodies. We had 3rd string offensive linemen playing on the d-line for goal-line stands. We couldn't do anything, and nobody could have possibly anticipated what was going to happen to us this year. With that all said, we still took it to OT.

On offense, the running game is warming up. It really all depends on whether Mike McCarthy wants to commit to it. Brandon Jackson isn't all that, but according to many NFL fans, neither was Ryan Grant. Yes; in Green Bay, the short passing game opens up the run, and it has since even when Brett was here.

In regards to what team we will be fielding on Sunday, I'll have to refrain comment until we know more about the statuses on some of the players. Pickett and Cullen Jenkins should be back. Al Harris and Atari Bigby may/should be activated from the PUP, but who really knows?

4. JohnMexico

JohnMexico New Member

And with a little research, it looks like Cullen Jenkins and Ryan Pickett will both be out again. Fuck this shit.

5. Clayture

Clayture Member

If you are a true jets fan you will. I have Rodgers and he is on the bench this week, and my backup Flacco has a bye week. I picked up the Bills Fitzpatrick for this week.

Even if you are not a true Jets fan, I would bench him against the Jets coming off a bye week and a fully healthy Revis

6. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Well if it helps out in the long run (for being healthy @ end of season) it might be a good move. Whether Pack win or lose, I'm still seeing them as favorites to win that division.

Bears should've lost to Lions & they're qb is taking so many big hits this season he's got to be shellshocked. Think they'll struggle to get to 8-8. That only leaves the Vikes & you've got one victory against them & division lead.

NFC seems pretty open this year, so there's still hope even w/ all the big injuries :)

It is a shame though because Packers fully healthy would've been a great test. What's the vibe in Green Bay over Seattle picking up RB from Buffalo? I'd expect Green Bay to be all over this league trying get a RB.

7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Should I start PM my post to you before I put them up so you can edit?

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The Jets had much worse injuries and still won every game but the first. Jenkins, Revis, Pace. Injuries are not even part of the equation.

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You left out a couple of things. First of all Rodgers is averaging 7.8 per attempt while Sanchez only has 6.2. Sanchez is also able to rely on one of the best rushing attacks in the league. Rodgers, not so much.

What impresses me about Green Bay's air attack is they spread it around. Finley aside there are five other players with 17 or more catches. They don't throw much to TE but all three have receptions, so you can't assume that any of them are only in for blocking.

Green Bay will want to pass the ball, obviously. The Jets have to run it and dominate the LOS. And avoid too many obvious passing downs.

I think LT will want to come on strong and show he's playing the whole season at a high level.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

And those first two do account for much.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Name 15 better QB's than Sanchez right now.

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

That's a personal attack NYJATW, on top of being completely wrong.

Throwing for a lot of yards does not make a QB great.

He's 12th in passer rating, 8th in completion percentage, has thrown the 3rd most INT's in the league with 9 while throwing 12 TD's. (in 7 games mind you)

Our very own Mark Sanchez has thrown 9 TD's and 2 INT's in 6 games, and is 16th in passer rating.

Point is Aaron is not a top 3 QB, Peyton, Tom, Drew, Schaub, and maybe even Matt Ryan are without a doubt better. I'd rather have Mark then Aaron anyway.

Aaron is already in his 6th season, and it really doesn't show, and by the time this season ends he'll be 27.

13. The Dark Knight

Aaron Rodgers is a great quarterback I would say. Not like 27 is old. He still has plenty of great years left. He is better than Shaub and Ryan to me. Right behind Manning and Brady. Brees too, so 4th.

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

So maybe you won't leave them out next time.

15. ArodtoJennings

ArodtoJennings Active Member

A question for you guys. You consider the pack rivals like in the NFC?

16. MadBacker Prime

No love for Eli, McNabb, Romo, or dare I say.... Vick??

What has Aaron shown you that puts him in the "Elite" status?

17. 624

624 Banned

The Jets injuries happened to better players, but the Packers have had many more injuries that are also more serious.

Jenkins is the only one out now, and the Packers have tons of devastating injuries throughout their whole opening day roster.

It's only Rodgers' 3rd season as a starter. I wouldn't put Schaub or Ryan over him...Aaron is probably the 4th best QB in the NFL.

I would take Mark too, just based on potential and age...but Rodgers is definitely the better QB on this upcoming Sunday, even though his numbers might not reflect that.

18. MadBacker Prime

No-

In our going into 51 year history we've played 10 times, there is no bad blood or any rivalry situation at all.

19. The Dark Knight

What? Not at all. :lol: Haha.

20. DWest

DWest New Member

Great article over at MVP Gotham about the "same old Jets" reputation totally disappearing with the emergence of Rex Ryan as head coach... Was a great read. Unfortunately I can't post links yet =(

Google it. Title of the article is The "Same Old Jets" No More