Fallout: New Vegas

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by 101GangGreen101, May 21, 2010.

1. Coach K

Coach K New Member

science repair and guns as tag skills 8 str 8 int 7 agi 6 chr (intense training point) 2 lck 5 end 5 per

basically an engineer who wins shootouts same char model i used in FO3.

im bout as far as you guys mad Primm Slim the sheriff and fixed ED-E

#61 Coach K, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  2. Coach K

Coach K New Member

star ocean second story is yeah top 5 all time no question. what a fuckin epic game. 80hrs plus and with over what 70 or 80 endings. also the fact you literally have to choose between certain chars leading to alternate stories.

item crafting. and the battle system. the story was awesome too.

FF4 is my fav well neck and neck with 6. Earthbound is the fuckin shit too top 5 for me.

Breath of Fire was a good series also.

you ever play Thousand Arms on PS One? that was a fun game, different too.

also severely underrated is the Suikoden series by Konami. a myriad of recruitable characters your own castle/town which develops and the war battles. u should check it out, definitely a throwback to 90's rpgs with a lil innovation.

#62 Coach K, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Holy shit. Get in the Mayors locked office. He's got an arsenal In there.

Nipton

4. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

I really want to pick this up but I've got exams in a week or so and I know that I will actually fail it if I get it...

5. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

great game and what not

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I never actually played Thousand Arms, but for the hell of it I looked it up on youtube and it looks like a pretty sick game, I may get an emulator for it ... but Breath of Fire was sickkk I completely forgot about that and Suikoden, a very underrated series, I think I had it for PS2 for a while, I remember recruiting so many members and having battles with so many enemies, a great RPG actually ... I miss the days where RPGs were all about game-play and story lines, Final Fantasy / Square Enix clearly lost their way and I feel all the care about is graphics and CGIs, it's very frustrating

But none of those games could touch Star Ocean 2, so many great characters, weapons, and intense levels (one was called the Cave of Trials where you had to go through a gauntlet of enemies sooo goood)

As for Fallout New Vegas, anyone encounter Nightkins yet? creepy as fuck, I actually jumped out of my seat several times last night

7. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Yup, I done slaughtered them all!

I'm really enjoying the weapons mods.

I turned my varmint rifle into a scoped/silent bad ass weapon. I thought it was going to be a throw away stater weapon, but it's now my main. Lovin this game.

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

My guy is level 18 now...I'm doing every mission I can find.

Working on becoming a Brotherhood of Steel member to wear the ill-na-na armor.

Found a lot of special weapons too.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I actually did the same thing, I love the night vision scope, my favorite weapon so far has got to be the Grenade Gun, so much fun using it

Right now I won't side with any faction, I don't really like the NCR (they may be good but are corrupt), but I hate Ceasars Legion with a passion

Right now I'm really liking the Followers of the Apocalypse [Pure hearted people] but we'll see

My main goal is to become King Of Vegas haha if I can

Still haven't found any Brotherhood of Steel members ...

10. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

I just assaulted Nipton last night. Boone shoots all Ceaser's Legion faction on sight, so we went in guns blazing. I also mercy killed all the powder gangers who were crucified, and still alive on the crosses (no karma change). Pretty decent haul from city hall. Probably would've been better if I used energy weapons.

My next order of business is to clear out the Correctional Facility.

11. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

I haven't found the Followers of the Apocalypse, but I should soon. I'll probably side with them, as my character is definitely a good guy.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Don't worry about Karma unless you are in the brink of being Detested or Hated (or whatever the reputation is for when they attack you on site)...there will always be acts you can do which will redeem yourself.

I activated HELIOS One's defense mechanism and wiped out all of the NCR on site. I was shunned from every NCR location but now that I am helping them out for another quest chain, I am back to Mixed reputation.

Side with the Brotherhood of Steel...they have the advanced weapons and armor you need for end game shit.

13. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Followers of Appocalypse are from earlier Fallouts glad they paid a lil more homage.

dont let them fool you too much though.....

14. Coach K

Coach K New Member

its all about the BOS man. power armor is the shit

15. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

level 17 right now. Helped the NCR bring back camp forlorn into shape. Made the guy from NCR correctional facility sheriff at primm. Boone and robot are my companions.

Those fuckin deathclaws though man. they're 20x harder than in FO3. Used to be able to bottlecap mine them a few times or frag mine and be done with them. Now I probably have to use the Fatman (which I found on some random supermutant corpse on the way to jacobstown..by red rock canyon). Don't have mini nukes tho

I was call the powder gangers but kinda want to do the mission for the leader so I can wipe out both griups of raiders

16. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I'm level 18 and using "La Launge Carabine." I'm basically a badass cowboy with a scoped repeater and Boone as my follower, think the sharpshooter from 3:10 to Yuma.

Anyways, I'm full NCR. If you aren't NCR you die! Slaughtered Caesar in his Fort, Killed the Kings because they weren't cooperating, shot up the bosses in Gammorrah for plotting against the NCR, blew up the Brotherhood base with em all inside Muhahahaha, and took out the Great Khans because i was ordered to(and because they tried to kill me!) Love this game, and cant wait to try another playthrough.

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

^ I just killed Caesar in his tent last night..I had no choice because I couldn't get to him without his people attacking me.

What a fucking pain in the ass that was @ lvl 21. Those Praetorians kept blocking with those fucking gloves.

I executed Benny too.

Did you get in gun case with 100 lock pick in the tent?

I blew my 2 magazines which get your lockpick to +10 on the 100 lockpick box in sniper tent outside of the village with the boat ride. Got a sniper rifle worth 5,000 k in it.

I assume in the locked gun gase there's a sick melee glove.

#77 GQMartin, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm also wearing power armor. holler back.

Although the Caesar armor worth 2k at only 3lbs is a great bargain.

19. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Fuck... I was there and had a quest to find the Legion who killed everyone... went into a house and the guy with the dog head on his head was in there with a ripper. I kill him and fail a mission? The fuck is that.

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

^ From what I've gathered when I go into "fuck around" mode...

...you fail a mission when you kill someone you need to interact with in THAT mission.

So the dude you iced was supposed to give you intell or an item to further you along the mission.