Jets vs Packers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Oct 25, 2010.

1. grayburn

grayburn Member

I'm thinking its going to be something along the lines of 31-14 Jets on this one. The Packers are pretty one dimensional, their o-line has been pretty shitty (with the exception of last night, but the vikings front seven just aren't as impressive this year anyway, so who knows)

If the Jets can get some pressure on Rodgers, which shouldn't be a problem, then it should be a long night for the cheeseheads. I'm looking for a big game for Greene and LT, and it'd be nice to see Holmes breakout.

2. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Moss dictated a lot of the Packers coverage. They were playing a safety over to his side which really opened up the middle. The Packers will pick their poison and decide to cover Keller with a safety or guard against edwards/homles man up. Throw away from woodson and run the ball down their throat.

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I think this is the game we see the return of Revis Christ.

My prediction: Close game in which Jennings makes some plays on Cromartie. Then in the 4th quarter Revis covers him and completely shuts him down and the Jets win 24-20.

4. sexyrex5

sexyrex5 New Member

The packers not having Finley really hampers this team in terms of sustaining offense. The pack live off of turnovers, so if Mark kicks the int problem he had against denver, the jets should have no problem. I cant wait to see this team at full strength, healthy and ready to destroy! 34-17 J E T S

5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

hopefully GB doesnt keep 8 in the box as much as DEN did. that being said the fact their ground game is almost non existant should make it easier to cover their legitimate strength in passing.

we'll give up a few plays because of our system but I also see us winning the TO Margin which in turn should lead to another W long as the ground game shows up

finley wouldve given us fits though in the middle of the field while trying to eliminate Driver and Jennings

6. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Coming off the bye I expect us to have a huge game. Everyone will be fresh including our O line which will man handle Green Bay and open huge holes for LT. Their O line is also not the best so I expect us to get a pass rush which will only aid or secondary which is finally complete and hopefully completely healthy. If our Offense puts up a moderate effort and limits turnovers this should be a W.

7. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

This should be a great game. Both teams are going to be good for a long time.

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

They gave up almost 200 yards on the ground last night....I expect AP will have had about the same tally as LT/Shonn, but Harvin while talented does not present the same nightmare matchup out of the backfield that Brad Smith does.

If we limit miscues in the passing game, this could look an awful lot like the Buffalo game.

9. Gunther

Gunther Member

I'm looking forward to the game. I'm curious to see if Revis is healthy enough to be the players he was last season. I think this is a game where Sanchez will have to deliver 2 td passes. We will see 8 in the box until Sanchez completes a few 20+ yard passes.

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

No way in hell we see 8 in the box to start, not with the threats we have. They'll have to cover Edwards, Holmes, Keller, and LT at bare minimum. I'd be shocked if the Pack did so.

11. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

The Packers match up well against us so I'm not the most optimistic on the game. Their rush defense is pretty good as is our rush offense obviously. Their pass D hasn't been very spectacular but are getting Bigby and Harris back. However hopefully they will be not in game shape.

We will shut down their run game which is pathetic. When they pass however is gonna be scary. I'm confident Revis and Cro can for the most part take out Driver and Jennings. I'm worried about Jordy Nelson and James Jones more. Plus this Quarless kid is underrated. I hope the Jets FO doesn't overlook him.

It's gonna be good, especially in my house..

12. MadBacker Prime

Some quotes from Packer fans from NFL site:

"jets packers will be a better game than vikes packers. this will be the true test on our super bowl potential i think"

"as long as we protect rodgers against the jets D, we should be able to win. hard test coming this week in NY." This guy is a retard, I guess he forgot they can't stop the run and we're 2nd in rushing.

"Our offense is way better, just have to expose their defense." I thought Packer fans were supposed to be knowledgeable? They do have a great 1 dimensional offense, but this doesn't mean our offense will just go out and fart. I also saw a recurring theme of Clay Mathews will rattle Mark's cage. I guess they haven't seen Mark play at all in the past 8 months.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Prediction: Jets-42 Packers-17.

14. 624

624 Banned

I know they aren't playing head to head....but I'm looking forward to the Woodson vs the real 2009 DPOY

Their defense allows points, but also has some playmakers. Sanchez needs to be careful.

I hope we put Revis on Jennings, I trust him more with Jennings' crazy routes.

I still think the Packers are a good team, but I expect us to be very sharp off our Bye Week and with Revis at 100%

The Jets also have a good history against the Packers, are coming off an emotional win, and have to travel to our home field.

30-13 Jets

If they had Finley/Grant/Barnett, I think it'd be a lot closer.

#54 624, Oct 25, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  15. MadBacker Prime

^^^ Short week?

They played on Sunday, and we play them on Sunday. That is a normal week.

16. 624

624 Banned

Yeah.....for some reason while typing that post I had in my mind it was Tuesday today, my bad.

17. ArodtoJennings

ArodtoJennings Active Member

Hope the pack can pull of an upset but this one will be tough.

18. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

After seeing Denver get run out of the building this week, that's one week after stopping us with 8 in the box. You better expect 8 in the box. The Jets will need to prove they can dominate in the air or everyone will throw 8 in the box! The Pats D played well last night but they loose that game if Farve doesn't make those horrible plays.

I think this is going to be a close game with the packers, Rodgers is really good even when he is being chased all over. IMO We will need to score 24+ points this week in order to win.

19. ArodtoJennings

ArodtoJennings Active Member

The Jets are in for a suprise sunday lol just all in good natured fun smack talk guys.

20. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

everyone was saying the jets would dominate against the one dimensional broncos and we didnt... now people are saying that beating the one dimensional packers shouldnt be too hard... the pack are a good team and have lost some really close games... i think its very close but rodgers makes one more play and the jets loose before going on a 12 game win streak...
    31-28 packers