Fallout: New Vegas

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by 101GangGreen101, May 21, 2010.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Gunna hit up best buy at lunch to get this bad boy.

have played all of the fallouts since i was young

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Stayed up till 4am playing this game, wandering the Mojave Desert, must say this game may use the same engine as FO3, but it's got it's own identity

I used hardcore mode (must eat, drink and sleep otherwise your dead) I have to say it's much more enjoyable that way

3. Coach K

Coach K New Member

I play just about every type of games. RPG's are my favorite though. Star Ocean is an amazing series, and Dragon Quest, they were Enix franchises till they merged with Square. Earthbound, Secret of Mana , even Evermore.

plenty of others from random production teams. I have a pretty nice collection.

the old Phantasy Stars on genesis were pretty good too. Shining Force

i could go on forever.

they dont make em like they used to but there are still good ones. Star Ocean Last Hope is good im juggling that and FO:NV right now

4. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Picked it up after work yesterday, and played for about 4 hours.

As expected, awesome.

I'm playing a stealthy "good guy", but when I see something I want (like a badass new gun), I steal it. I did most of the quests in the first town, and got into Primm. I picked up my first companion -- a flying eye robot, you may have seen in one of the trailers.

This game is skrate ill. I can't wait to get home and keep playing. $!

5. IATA

IATA Trolls

I had 2 of my team members call in "sick". Both of them were doign nothing but praising the game when I mentioned it, so I'm 100% certain this game is going to bring me stress over the next few weeks with these 2.

6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I fucked with it a little last night...I made the Robot in Primm the new Sheriff. Wiped out the Power Gangers in the Hotel...took the leader's flame thrower. I was wearing the Power Ganger armor and they still shot at me.

Where's the school in the opening town? I couldn't find it...the chick said there was a safe with some gangster shit in it.

#46 GQMartin, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  7. IATA

IATA Trolls

Is this game like Fable?

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Dunno about Fable but It's an Action Role Playing game...you can toggle 3rd person or go 1st person shooter. You can also toggle turn based combat (which is how the original games were for PC).

You scavage junk and sell it for money, weps, medicine, etc...you can upgrade your character's stats, you get different armors.

Karma is a big factor..your reputation with different groups affects how they act (or don't) with you.

sort of like BioShock but a lot better IMO.

9. IATA

IATA Trolls

Oh cool, thanks for the info boss! I'll have to rent this game...

10. 101GangGreen101

On your local map check the lower portion of the town (I think). You'll see the schoolhouse

Star Ocean 2: The Second Story was one of the greatest games I've ever played, too bad the series went sour real quick ... Secret of Mana / Evermore were also excellent games, I think SNES had the best RPGs we had to offer including Chrono Trigger also one of the best games I've ever played

I never actually got into any of the Sega RPGs, I played Phantasy Star Online for a decent while that was a pretty entertaining game

Top RPGs I've played ...

1) Final Fantasy 2/4
    2) Star Ocean 2
    3) Chrono Trigger
    4) Final Fantasy 7
    5) Fallout 3 / NV

And I still haven't found any companions yet =/ I like riding solo in this game, but I would to like to find at least 1 companion

11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Yeah they slow me down too.

But I use them like a mobile locker to carry junk I'm going to sell.

If you get one with good melee and armor you can send him into the fray and pick the enemies off from afar with a rifle.

12. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Slightly... now that you say it I can see alot of similarities with Fallout and Fable.

13. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

That's where I'm at too. I'm about to make The robot Sheriff as well -- I think that is the most neutral route. It was fun taking down the criminals in the hotel. I went all Wyatt Earp on them -- wearing the Sheriff Duster and Hat I found in the Sheriff shack. The 357 revolver is badass.

I found the school in Goodsprings while doing the tutorial. It sounds like you're doing okay on gear though, so what's in the safe prob wont benefit you too much. If you ever get back that way though its worth a look. Just poke around in town, you'll find the school house.

I'm gonna max out my luck and play some black jack. yeeah!

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Scrugg..

If you get your luck maxed out...you can sometimes come across weird events as you travel.

I know in the originals...with a 10 luck you would come across like Alien mutilated cows n shit and then in the lock boxes you would find some of the best weapons in the game.

Luck is tough to max out though because all of the other essential stats have to suffer.

PS - I've never played as a woman. Anyone played as a woman...do you just whore yourself out for mission items, etc?

15. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Haha I love how you assume just because its a woman you whore her out the whole game. This actually made me laugh out lound :lol

:up:

16. 101GangGreen101

They have a crazy perk in the beginning that changes what you see in the Fallout world ... yesterday I was tricked into killing all these Geckos, to save someone's family member, turned out he was lying the whole time and tried to kill me

Too bad for him, I had a Weathered 10mm Pistol and blasted his ass!

I love this game.

17. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Luck also increases all other stats, so it's not a terrible idea to max it out. The weird events thing sounds fun as well. I actually started my character with 7 luck. I cut down on strength and endurance, since I like a high Agility for my sneaking and lock picking. Luck also helps you get massive critical hits. I'm killin dudes with my silenced .22 while hidden. PFFT, HEADSHOT!

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I didn't take the perk and did the same quest.

I try to do all quest to get my level up as fast as I can because the Mutants are a pain in the ass if you can't shoot them from far away

19. 101GangGreen101

Yeah I didn't take the perk either, but what makes this game different is that you have to get stronger earlier in the game, build up your weapons and pretty much play it safe. Right now I'm level 7 with light armor and some pretty decent guns nothing powerful. I got my first companion last night, Boone, a sniper spotter, it's safe to say that traveling the wasteland with this guy makes life a little bit easier.

Also ran into my first deathclaw last night and he killed me in about 3 strikes -_-

20. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Deathclaws sucked in Fallout 3, and from what you are saying, nothing has changed. When I had the alien rifle in the FO3, you could kill them pretty easily. Otherwise I had to use a flamethrower and grenades. Once they get to you, it is pretty much over.