Revis Claims He's "Ready"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Fatman&Robin, Oct 16, 2010.

?

What should Rex do?

1. Sit his ass and wait for after the bye week

76 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Play him, what did we wait some 30+ days in the offseason for anyway?

34 vote(s)
    22.4%
  3. Put him at the nickel

28 vote(s)
    18.4%
  4. Put some pads on Geiger and throw him out there

14 vote(s)
    9.2%
  1. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

2. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

The Broncos have a great passing game but not because of great WR, it's the system.

I say don't put him on their best guy (Lloyd) but on someone else... Cro + Safety can take care of Lloyd.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Do the smart thing, Rex.....rest him. He'll have 2 extra weeks to get 100% healthy. We need Revis at full strength for the stretch run.

4. Keithnyj

Keithnyj Member

If we keep on resting him, he will never get better. Think about it, REST is what Caused the injury in the first place.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

he'll continue to receive treatments and hit the practice field......he hasn't looked right in the 2 games he's played in. I don't want him playing "tentative" on that hamstring all season.....I want him to get better so he can start playing up to his elite level.

Let's give him this week and the bye week to right the ship.....I'd rather have him at 100%, then see him play at 50% and run the risk of reinjuring himself.

6. Keithnyj

Keithnyj Member

I agree, he is far from the revis of last year, but I feel like the moreplaying time we give him, the better off he will be. NOw dont get me wrong, it would be taking a chance if we decided to play him, but I feel like he neeeds to play. If he would have been in TC and our Preseason games, he would not be in this situation which is obvious, but if we keep on resting him, then when ever he would come back (After the Bye) he would probably still be sore.

7. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

fuck it, play him

8. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

This is exactly what we should do. I'm getting annoyed seeing him out there at less than 100%.

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Make him play offense and defense, running fly routes all game on offense.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Nonsense to sit him. He will still have two weeks to rest even if they play him every down. He has obviously recovered already from Monday night.

11. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

How is that? He hasn't healed from the Pats game and now you say he's healed from Monday night?

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

How would you know that? Were you at practice? Or taking him at his word? I took him at his word last week, and he looked off Monday night.

13. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Rest him, moitor the progress and use the benefits of a fully healthy Revis Island in 2 weeks

And Cro on Lloyd is a bad idea Lloyd is too quick and shifty, Cro always has trouble with guys that have quick lateral movement

14. Don

How is that? Did you read the title? He says he is ready. Tuesday he said he wasn't. Was he lying then or now?

15. milo

milo Well-Known Member

I don't think it makes a difference wether Revis is out there or not - Orton's gonna get some points up.
    But our running game is gonna be so fucking dominant he's gonna have limited shots.
    Rest Revis we're gonna need him 100% for Rodgers and co.

16. Don

Yeah, I am taking him at his word. His word Tuesday was that he wasn't ready. I believed him then too. I understand the folly in believing anything he says but I don't care. He has done nothing but hurt this team this year so I really don't care what happens to him now.

17. Keithnyj

Keithnyj Member

I think me and Don are on the same page. He needs playing time if you guys want him to get better. Do you think he is going to get better just practicing b/c I dont. He Needs Playing time. All REST will do for him is stretch out the injury time.

18. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

^ I agree with with the part about him saying he was ready to go on Tuesday aswell, he obviously can't tell ig he's ready to go or not so let the trainers and Dr.'s decide and I'm sure they say rest him

19. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

If his hamstring actually swelled up and hurt during the last game, how can he be 100% now?

I think this is going to be an issue for the rest of the season anyway, but I'd rest him.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

He looked fine in the first half. It wasn't until late in the 3rd when he started to wear down and look like Drew Colemans backups backup. He needs to get his legs under him IMO, and that won't happen without playing.