17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. no psls

no psls Banned

The funniest thing was watching the concession people , who were in the rain , wearing ponchos and trying not to blow away. Wouldn't they get eletricuted when they try to use the registers while standing in puddles ? We also saw electrical cords sitting in puddles. A disaster waiting to happen. Are they going to hire shovelers when it snows on the concourses in the winter ?

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't think these architectural correspondence school idiot savants fully understand the concept of "open concourses". You're supposed to have them open towards the field and closed off at the exterior. Somehow they managed to do neither

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

sure ponchos are for the rain while watching live action. but when the seats are closed b/c of monsoons and lightning,shelter for the 2,200 in your section would be nice in the concourse.

4. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

I couldn't make the Monday nighter but after seeing the posts here about the rain, and after conversations with people who did go, my plan is to be like a submarine during the heavy rain and dive! In the future I'm going to head for the next level down.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I was downstairs and while dry it was way too crowded and dangerous.

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

you should've swung by the tailgate, you pussy.

7. nyjunc

I would have loved to, I just didn't have time. By the time I was done w/ work and out to the Stadium it was time for the pre game meet and greet I had w/ the players from the 2000 team.

8. Gator

Gator Active Member

That was not 'just rain' by any stretch. It rains like that around here a couple of times a year maybe and the odds of it happening during a Jets game are slim. That was a flood.

9. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

For $1.6b, one would think the Jets/Giants would have been able to hire a decent architect.
    1. It has zero cool architectual features. I think they should approach Carrier about naming rights b/c it looks like the A/C unit at my parents house.
    2. To many seats in the UD EZ and corners. Not enough in the Mezz and lower bowl.
    3. Bizarre concourse design.

10. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Been doing this for many decades... lots of outdoor sports too, including skiing. One thing I can tell you is, if you're dry, you can be warm. If you get wet, you're screwed.

This stadium is a fucking joke.

11. hazmat

hazmat New Member

It's obvious they build this stadium with club seats and luxury box as the one and only priority. My family had season tickets from shea stadium through 2009 and we just refused to buy a psl or to sit in the upper deck.

We were given club seats for the Giants-Titans game. For $500 a tikcet and $12,500 psl you get to hang out in this fancy club and blow tons of money on decent food and alcohol. You don't even feel like your at a football game. The worst part was watching people hang out in the club and watch the game on tv.

Personally I didn't like the view compared to the old stadium. I felt like you were much further away from the field.

It's a shame that they had to build this stadium since it was built for the very rich and corporations. At this point I think the NFL is a much better experience watched from home.

#10671 hazmat, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

That's odd, as a long time Jet season ticket holder they gave you free Giants club seats?

Why didn't you get Jets tickets?

13. nyjunc

That's it, it was built for the suites and clubs and not for the fans. When I went on draft day I thougtht he Stadium was great b/c I was in the Mezz club area and inside there and outside in those seats it's amazing and I'm sure it's great in the suite's and the coaches club,... but in the regular seats it sucks.

14. Gator

Gator Active Member

Not true. I'm not in a suite or club. Regular seats...and it's great. I'm loving this place way better than the old place.

15. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

LOL, yeah I guess so. They also probably buy high and sell low. They've got everything backwards.

16. nyjunc

We all see things differently. I think the Stadium is awful, I love that we don't have red and blue seats anymore but that's about it. The old place was a million times better for the fans.

17. hazmat

hazmat New Member

The Jets didn't give us tickets, a friend who bought the tickets for work gave us tickets to a game.

18. Gator

Gator Active Member

For one thing, food is important and the food in this place is off the charts compared to Giants Stadium and their Harry M Stevens taste-alike crap. So right there that drops your million number by a couple of hundred thousand. :)

19. nyjunc

I don't go to games to eat, I go to watch football and this Stadium is alot worse for actually viewing a game.

I haven't eaten much at the new place but I'll agree the food is better and they have more of a selection.

20. Gator

Gator Active Member

You went pretty quickly from 'the fans' to 'I'.