Revis unsure of status for Den (Update: Practiced Today Individual Drills)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Inafalcs, Oct 12, 2010.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Its clear he wasn't 100%. If he was, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Even if its fatigue, he's not 100%.
    When did numbers become a part of this issue? I never wanted him getting his i-n-i-t-i-a-l demands and knew he wasn't going to get it because no one ever gets their inital demand and no team has their initial offer accepted.

I see reason for patience, and find screaming about certain things foolish. Him not playing hard would be one of them, the other is using the hamstring as an excuse for lazy play after a big contract. I didn't like his tweet before the game. I found that stupid.

J. Abe and Rhodes were two players that did not play to their potential when it mattered. They aren't relevant in the slightest when talking about Revis.

The contract circus has ruined his image with some fans and they won't allow him to heal and expect him to have a better season than 09. I think he can have a season close to 09 once he's healthy/in shape/whatever.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

At first I was like "Here we go, take it back."

And then I was like "Where are you going?"

Those punt return skills came out on that play, but he had nowhere to run. Out of bounds would have been nice. I was laughing at the end of it.

3. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I think he will definitely come back to form sooner or later. It just annoys me that you guys think we're crazy for thinking Revis' self-inflicted problems piss us off at the moment. I'm a die-hard jet fan but that doesn't mean I can't be critical of our players.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Its directed towards over emotional reactions than it is criticisms.

Fuck Revis, Cut Revis, He sucks, OMG why all the money, of course he's hurt greedy bitch - that shit annoys me, because its stupid.

#304 NDmick, Oct 14, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The more I read that vacation time quote the more I read into it.
    Last year Rex always talked about the way Revis prepares, his meticulous study of film. Has Revis stopped the intense preparation? Maybe that's what he meant by vacation time?

He's certainly had more than 4 catches on him too. He's already allowed 2 TD's this year.

Could he still have ill feelings towards the Jets? I'm just guessing here, but we are 5 weeks in and Revis has been of 0 help. I doubt him being on twitter helps, Jet fans have been pretty brutal to him on their. Revis seems different, how can he shit talk Moss when he knew all along he wouldn't be on him? Revis just looks like the ass now, Moss actually came out of it looking better. How crazy is that shit?

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Imo this is a subject that people have put too much thought into, not too little. He had a tender hamstring. He missed some games. From what I have read from several sources, it is typical that he would be sore, pulling out the adhesions a bit, in his muscles and hamstring. He is practicing. He didn't make the injury worse, despite the implication right after the game.

I don't know whether he plays against Denver or not. Ryan will decide. It does not sound like the doctors will hold Revis out. What will Ryan decide? I don't know. But at this point I think it more likely than not that he plays.

7. MadBacker Prime

I think if he does play he'll start out light. Rex might put him out to start the game and go from there.

Or maybe just have him out there for Nickel packages, Rex said himself after watching the film he saw that Revis wasn't Revis.

Which is what I thought would happen, Rex doesn't watch a player each play, he's got to coach. I'm sure they'll keep a very close eye on him and have a trainer talk with him after every time he's out.

8. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Revis himself said he does NOT have an injury.
    also i asked every single jets beat writer i could contact, and they said the same thing.

they also all think the best option is rest for revis.

first of all he shouldnt of played as much as he did monday. and i think he is going to play like an average cb until he gets limited real game reps for a few weeks.

9. MadBacker Prime

Yeah that's what many here said, including myself. Now that the damage is already done, he needs to practice or he'll be out of NFL shape for the entire season.

He's basically had about a week of real practice, he's either been out or limited for the rest.

10. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

from the limited information we all know the question simply is... what would you do about revis sunday? bring him in for 25% of the game?

11. MadBacker Prime

I guess we'll find out Sunday. Since he's been cleared it's really on Revis to be honest about how his leg feels.

It's still odd to me, that the Docs say he is 100%, I'm sure they told him he would be sore.

I think they'll play it by hamstring.

12. Jetcentric28

Jetcentric28 New Member

I think it's more about conditioning than the hamstring. He missed all of training camp. He may simply not be in peak physical condition, which would explain why he looks less than his best.

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Its almost as if Moss prided his offseason on looking better than Revis.

Seriously, this is almost as stupid. Jets have run the table against Moss' teams. Who gives a shit how either looks?

14. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

I have an idea, If we have any thought of playing Revis on Sunday (which we may well not) Sunday morning tell revis to try and cover holmes on a few basic practice patterns, if Holmes smokes him, sit Revis.

15. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Obviously there are pros and cons to both sitting him and playing him.

If you play him, he'll get much needed playing time, but there's the possibility that his injury will be aggravated.

If you sit him, he'll be 100% as far as his hamstring goes, but he'll have missed valuable playing time which will result in not being in full playing shape come the Packers game.

Which would you rather want? A Revis that's 75% healthy but in full playing shape, or a Revis that's 100% healthy but in 75% playing shape?

16. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

My opinion is that he should play in a limited capacity and increase that each week. Think about how a standard preseason works. The starters play part of a quarter week 1, then a quarter week 2, then they play into the 3rd quarter week three followed by a few plays in week 4. 24 needs to get worked in slowly to get his legs under him.

17. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Revis cares. Revis cares a lot.

18. MadBacker Prime

Apparently not you, but I lie respecting the players, especially the dominant ones.

Revis came off looking like an ass, that's all I said. Not too tough to grasp, it's just a complete 180 from last year.

You can go on not giving a shit, good luck with that.

19. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I will be very pissed if they let Revis play at all this week. If it was bad enough to swell up again after the Minny game, it isn't ready, it isn't healed. He pushed it last week.... let's learn something from that please?

He could no keep up with Harvin. Then it swells up again. Hammy's heal with rest... that's it. If he keeps pushing it, it may never be the same again. That is what happened to me. I lost a half second off my 100 yard dash time after repeatedly re-injuring my hamstring. I was never as fast again.

Of course medical treatments have come a long way since then, but I say sit his ass down until he's 101%.

20. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

Fully resting a hammy doesn't work. especially with no camp. he needs to play and let it hurt and heal. its the only way to truly heal a hamstring. if he just sits until it feels 100+% he will come back slow and re-injure it anyway. he needs to play but just play limited until he doens't have pain or swelling anymore. its gonna be a long process and he probably will never be 100% this season including a playoff run