Sanchez's Development

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TeamJets2K6, Oct 12, 2010.

1. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

I'll say....some bad throws in the rain is a bad game this year (W) compared to numerous interceptions+fumbles in a bad game last year (L)...hmmm.if those are this years clunker games, great. If hes not turning the ball over, we have a good chance to win the game. Mark has made some huge strides and is seeing the field much better. Hes only 23 and starting his 2nd season here, hes not going to figure it out overnight.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

What's nice about Sanchez not having a multiple TD day is that we can acknowledge it and then shake it off.

How fucking relaxing is that?

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

The bad thing about last night was all the wide open WR's last night. Being at the game I was shocked to see how wide open a Jet WR was on a given play. If this is an indication of things to come it is going to get ugly.

If Sanchez was even remotely good last night this game is a complete joke. He wasn't and a game like this is too be expected. Shit, I expected a bunch more of worse games than this. The funny thing is Sanchez is going to be "on" at a later date and will have a worse game as far as int's go.

4. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

tru dat....

5. tommytom

tommytom Banned

"The bad thing about last night was all the wide open WR's last night. Being at the game I was shocked to see how wide open a Jet WR was on a given play. If this is an indication of things to come it is going to get ugly.

If Sanchez was even remotely good last night this game is a complete joke. He wasn't and a game like this is too be expected. Shit, I expected a bunch more of worse games than this. The funny thing is Sanchez is going to be "on" at a later date and will have a worse game as far as int's go."

Sanchez must continue to improve. We are going to have to score points in the playoffs by winning 2 games against teams like Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Indianapolis. Sanchez has not had a good game against the only 2 very good defenses he played this year when he did not do well against the Vikings and Ravens. The rest of our team is good enough to go all the way but Sanchez must be able make more accurate throws or we are going nowhere and this will be the same old jets.

6. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

With all the rain on Monday night, I'm sure it's much harder to grip the ball & throw it properly. Then add in that receivers have to try to catch wet ball w/ wet hands.

If the other QB wasn't Favre, I think Sanchez performance would've looked much better. Favre just has a great arm & just made some passes that were too good to be defended.

7. tommytom

tommytom Banned

Sanchez's QB rating was 59.9. This is not going to get it done in the playoffs. I do not care how many games we win in the regular season. If Sanchez cannot play well against good defenses we are not going all the way.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

You act like that's all he's done is play poorly this year. He was handcuffed week one against a good defense and played very well ever since until facing another strong defense in very poor conditions. Even then, he led the offense to more points than Drew Brees and the Saints could against the same defense in a dome.

He will have more down games this year, but hopefully we continue to see him improve over the course of the season.

9. tommytom

tommytom Banned

My point is I think Sanchez is the key to the team. We are good enough to win now but if Sanchez plays like he did in 2 of 5 games this year we may not win a playoff game.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

Well of course Sanchez is the key. I don't think you're looking at those 5 games from the proper perspective. Again, he was handcuffed week 1 and against the Vikings defense led the team to more points than Drew Brees in much worse conditions.

Of course we want to see him continue to improve and be a better QB by the playoffs.

11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

He missed quite a few throws, but the drops didn't help, neither did the Vikes pass rush in the 2nd half, he had no time to throw...

12. tommytom

tommytom Banned

The running game led us to most of the points. And I do not care about points. I care about wins. Sanchez is not in the same league as Brees as Brees is a top 5 quarterback.

Brees QB rating was 101.3 against the Vikings. Sanchez had a 59.9 rating.

#32 tommytom, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  13. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

I can recount like 5 third down drops off the top of my head ... Sanchez missed a few throws but that's expected when you throw 44 times, in those weather conditions and against a good defense (especially in the red zone)

The kid played well last night

14. WhiteShoeWillis

Last I checked scoring points, not QB rating, leads to wins. Of course Sanchez isn't in Brees' league, but he helped lead the offense to more points in much worse conditions.

Did Brees have a bunch of dropped balls (likely caused by heavy rain)?

15. tommytom

tommytom Banned

Sure but how many times did he make bad passes that led us to not score touchdowns and put the game away. If he had a better qb rating we would have scored more points. Sure the team can score points when Sanchez plays poorly but how many more points can they score if Sanchez plays well.

Sanchez is not getting much blame because we won the game which is all the matters to me. But if we lost the game by 1 point on a late Viking field goal would you have more criticism of Sanchez.

#35 tommytom, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  16. WhiteShoeWillis

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

He didn't have his best game, but the offense was still more successful than any other team this season against that defense and in much worse conditions. He made some poor throws and he had some bad drops. Hell the team as a whole made a lot of mistakes and we still beat a team that was in the NFC championship game last season.

I really don't think it's a great idea to look at that game and start worrying about Nacho.

17. Coach K

Coach K New Member

everyone knows we left points on the field. hell it shouldve been 17-0 at halftime.

that being said we could 20/20 vision every game. ill chalk it up to a few dropped passes and a few missed throws. of course thats not how you win a SB but the weather was ridiculous that night.

last year we dominated and didnt make the 2 to 3 plays that mattered most. our stats on d arent nearly as sexy as last year but weve managed to close out games better IMO.

I understand the worry, there were people open all day. I'm actually happy they let Sanchez throw it that much. granted we were getting good YPC but it was the first time they kind of gave him the chance to take over a game himself. it just didnt end up that way.

if he connects on a few those passes i think were all talking about how he stepped up and shredded last yrs NFCC contender.

I'll take this and the Ravens games as his bad games over another BUF or NO fiasco last yr.

18. tommytom

tommytom Banned

I do not see how being in the NFC Championship game is relevant. If the Vikings lose this week they may not even get 8 wins.

19. WhiteShoeWillis

They're still a good football team, especially now that they have Moss. The defense is stout, they have good special teams and if the offense can get it together like they appear to have done vs. the Jets they will be very dangerous.

I won't be surprised if they toast the Cowboys this week.

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I am not sure I would say he played well, but the weather and playing the number 5 ranked D were factors. The Negative Nancys should calm down.