17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

I spelled 'alterior' like an illiterate, right clicked it for spellcheck and it switched it to 'anterior'.

I promise to prove read my pots from now on. :smile:

2. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

You're funny.

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

get a room

4. headshoes

headshoes Member

What happens to the people who stop making payments on their PSL? Does the PSL go into foreclosure?

5. GordonGecko

as of 5:49 pm today, there are a grand total of 16 tickets available on stubhub for tonight's Vikings game. Cheapest pair is $260 for upper sideline. Going to be a good one!

7:22 pm edit: only 5 tickets left, haha

#10625 GordonGecko, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Do U know this as a fact, fact? Have you surveyed every other stadium in the league to determine how high & how far from the field the UD in those stadiums are? I know I was in Reliant stadium last year & it appeared to me that the UD was very, very high. It appeared to me that UD was higher then the old Shea Stadium which had a very high UD but I have no stats to back up that impression

7. GordonGecko

Pretrty sure there are worse seats (like Cowboy Stadium), but that doesn't make the new jets stadium uppers any better. The problem isn't just that they're too high (they are), but that theyt are way too far back from the field

8. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I am pretty sure they won't get playoff tickets unless they make the Nov payment.

9. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I have been in Cowboys Stadium and NMS.

The UD at Cowboys stadium are way TF up there, but you feel like you are on top of the field. Not the best view, but very affordable. Bottom line, you have seats to the 'Boys at a reasonable price, but they are not great. The ones in the front few rows aren't bad at all.

From a seating perspective, the design of Cowboys stadium is significantly better than NMS.
    1. The lower bowl at Cowboys stadium is about the same size as NMS. All those seats are very good;
    2. The mezz section at Cowboys stadium is right about the lower bowl and seemed to have more total seats than NMS. All those seats are good. At NMS, the video board location robbed the Mezz of a lot of potentially good seats. Instead of 4 in the corners, two larger boards in the endzones would have been a better design.
    3. Next, comes the high dollar club seats and suites. Since they are above the other two layers, they do not cause the Mezz seats to sit so high or so far back as at NMS.
    4. Finally, the UD at Cowboys stadium has one great feature that NMS does not. Simply put, there aren't that many seats up there. Essentially, the UD at Cowboys stadium is sideline to sideline. In contrast, NMS has a huge number of seats in the UDEZ and Corners.

If you want to go to Cowboys stadium on the cheap, you can buy a party pass (SRO). If not, the lower bowl and mezz seats are fairly reasonably priced as compared to NMS. At NMS, almost 1/2 of the stadium is in the upper deck and I would guestimate 1/6 of the stadium is in the UD Endzone.

10. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Actually, the upper deck is almost exactly 1/3 of the total Stadium.

~27,500 seats out of ~82,500 seats.

11. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Sorry, I it was a typo. I figured if the UD was 1/3 of the total, the UDEZ and UD Corner seats were about 1/6.

Had NMS been designed better, those UDEZ/Corner seats would be located lower and/or closer to the 50. Placing the big video screens in the Mezz B corners was simply stupid.

12. GordonGecko

I dunno man, I prefer enzone seats much more than corner seats. The real issue is 4 screens instead of 2, but I think people like the extra signage. I could have done with 2 myself

13. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I am with you on the endzone v. corner issue. Both our original seats in Mezza A and our current seats in 149 are definitely in the endzone. If we were considering upgrading in the lower bowl, the closest seats that I would view as "better" would be in 143. I cannot imagine paying extra for 146 or 144.

My complaint with placing the screens in the Mezz B corners is:
    1. You have four screens instead of two taking up space that could be used for seating. Look at FedEx Field (which has a similar design to NMS): http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/FedExField_Backstage_Tours_26910.jsp

2. Why are the screens taking up Mezz level seats instead of UD seats? Check out this link. http://www.hhweb.com/stadiumphotos_fbpro.htm

Notice how all the stadium have one or two large video boards at the back of the endzone seats. None of the modern stadiums have scoreboards taking up valuable Mezzanine space.

#10633 Digetydog, Oct 12, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

on a good note, at least we dont have to go see games at candlestick or the oakland coliseum.

15. headshoes

headshoes Member

Next year.. I believe we got the Giants in the regular season (Jets home game)

16. headshoes

headshoes Member

In addition to the Giants, the Cowboys, Raiders, Chargers and AFC South opponent will be coming to the meadowlands..

Road games will include KC, Washington, Denver, Philly, and AFC North opponent

17. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I am a very happy camper. I found out yesterday that I won the Super Bowl lottery and can purchase two tickets at face value to the game.

Essentially, I have two great options: go to the game or sell them and use the proceeds to pay off my PSL.

1. If I like the matchup (go Jets), I'll definitely go. With family in the area, I have free lodging and home cooked Mexican food to look forward to.

2. If two teams I hate are playing, I'll sell the tickets and use the profits to pay off my PSL.

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

WTF are you talking about? Lottery for what?

This is not done until January, good one ROJF.

19. GordonGecko

No it's true, you have until June each year to send in an application by certified mail to enter the lottery for the next year's Super Bowl. Problem is, face value for those tickets are pushing $1K these days. But Digity probably isn't going to be complaining

20. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

It's sent to the host, I thought he meant the Jets lottery.

I am mistaken.