Revis unsure of status for Den (Update: Practiced Today Individual Drills)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Inafalcs, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/10/darrelle-revis-status-for-bron.html

Darrelle Revis' status for Broncos game in doubt; says hamstring is 'very sore and very swollen' »

By Manish Mehta

Darrelle Revis’ status for next week’s game in Denver is in doubt after the Pro Bowl cornerback experienced soreness that kept him from being 100 percent in Monday night’s win against the Vikings.

“Right now, it’s very sore and very swollen,” said Revis, who didn’t believe that he strained his left hamstring again.

Revis, who was beat on Percy Harvin’s 34-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter, admitted he was unsure whether he’d play against the Broncos on Sunday.

“I don’t know,” Revis said. “As of right now, we’re going to take it day by day like we’ve been doing and see how it goes.”

Revis felt soreness from the start of the game, but couldn’t pinpoint one specific moment that made his hamstring feel worse.

“I felt soreness during the game,” Revis. “I could tell my hamstring was hurting…. Some plays it would hurt and some plays it wouldn’t. It started in the first quarter. For me, it was just fighting through it. If I knew I was going to be a hindrance to the team, then I would have called it quits and went in.”

“This process is kind of frustrating, because I’ve never been hurt during the season,” Revis added. “I want to be out there so bad with my teammates and win games. I need to learn patience right now and get back to 100 percent.”

Revis said there aren’t immediate plans for an MRI. It may make sense to rest Revis next week with the Jets on the bye after that. It will give him up to three more weeks to fully recover if he didn't practice in the run-up to the Week 8 game against the Packers on Oct. 31. (Rex Ryan has consistently said that Revis wouldn't have to practice during the week to play in a game.)

“I have to get back to 100 percent,” Revis said. “When that happens, I can play the type of ball that I can play.”

“We don’t know right now how severe the soreness is,” Revis said.

Revis was beat by Harvin on a crossing route that cut the Jets’ lead to 15-13 a few minutes into the fourth quarter.

“(Safety) help was supposed to be there, but it came late,” Revis said. “But it was man coverage. That’s still my guy…. He made a great catch and scored a touchdown… If I was 100 percent, I think I’d be there with him.”

Revis was moved around throughout the game, but he didn’t shadow Randy Moss. The Jets left that up to Antonio Cromartie, who held Moss in check for all but one play - a 37-yard TD late in the third quarter.

“(We) always talk about bringing the best out of each other,” Revis said. “From here on out, in the future, we got two great Pro Bowl cornerbacks. We joked on the field one time. I said, ‘Now we’re going to have to start flipping coins each week to see who gets the top receiver. He stepped up his game. He’s playing great.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/10/darrelle-revis-status-for-bron.html#ixzz1290WHI6S

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

This is getting irritating, just sit out until the damn thing is 100%.

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I don't think this would have even been an issue if not for the weather.... a big FU to James Dolan.

4. HOI

HOI Active Member

Well he should sit cause he played like hot dog shit last night. Thank god for Cro...If Revis was on Moss we would have got shit hammered. Revis just doesnt look right at all...I mean when Harvin beat him across the middle and then just tosses his ass to the ground during that last drive...def. not typically Revis. He didnt even look like he was hustling 100%.

If hes hurt...sit him vs Denver. That will give him almost three weeks to get ready for the Packers which we will certainly need him for.

Although Denver is the #1 passing team in the league. Wilsons play while Revis was out wasnt really inspiring. I almost say sit Revis against Denver and risk the loss. Id rather lose to the Broncos this week and have Revis 100% at the end of the year. It is concerning though...as someone here already said its quite possible this hammy thing lasts all year.

Looking back the addition of Cro this offseason probably was the best move. Certainly has saved our asses thus far.

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Revis unsure of status for Denver game

I was shocked they left him in, it seemed like on every play he was 5 yards behind.

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

the way he's been playing, it almost doesn't matter.

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Revis looked pretty sad out there.

Maybe what we are seeing is that the D will have to learn to win without him. Then maybe if he comes back healthy, the timing will take the team into the playoffs at full strength. Of course that also means that the Jets may lose a game along the way.

Seems like Denver is banged up. I was more worried about the upcoming game before I heard that, but still...

I was not surprised Revis played last night, but from what we are hearing today and saw last night, I expect he will be out for Denver, and maybe will not necessarily come back right away after the bye.

Oh well.

8. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think the bigger regret was playing him when it was pouring outside, although like they say hindsight is 20/20

9. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Cromartie was beaten fair and square on the play. A perfect pass that was indefensable. Leonard couldn't have possibly done anything to help.

10. MadBacker Prime

You can't play I guy ant tighter then he did, it was a just a great QB and great WR hooking up.

Moss did push off though for what it's worth, I had a perfect view from where I was sitting.

11. MadBacker Prime

Harvin was 5 yards off his career single game high and he never caught 2 TD passes until last night-

Coleman could've done better then Revis.

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

When Greg fucking Lewis burns you for 25+ it's not a good sign.

13. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

What a punk bitch.. seriously... he got his ass beat and the first thing we hear about is the injury. So much for 100%. We should be renaming Revis Island to Cromartie Island. :mad:

14. MadBacker Prime

Fixed at no charge-

(I agree) I'm pissed:beer:

15. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

We're 4-1, so as long as he's healthy down the stretch, we're good.

16. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

It will be week 8 before Revis even MIGHT come back healthy and be the player he was. That holdout was just an absolute killer.. what an asshole. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesnt even come back by the Green Bay game after the bye.

17. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

:lol: Nice...

This whole situation just sucks. Hamstring injuries blow, so I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I would have thought they would have tested him harder in practice to be sure. Maybe it was just the stress of playing a full game that helped aggravate it.

18. TorontoJETSfan

TorontoJETSfan New Member

Sit him... He was Shit last night anyway.

19. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

If we do not reach the SB because of Revises holdout & if as Incar Bob says he will be out 6/8 weeks now then the money the team paid out went right the drain as well as the team not getting any benefit from his skills for at least 3/4 of the season.

20. MadBacker Prime

Bob is saying this-

"**BREAKING NEWS** Sources indicate Darelle Revis will be shutdown for 2-4 weeks. Rex will not think about playing him until after bye week"

I think he should be working out and that's it until week 8, or even later wedo have the easy part coming up.

(should be easy)
    Denver
    Green Bay

(easy part)
    Detroit, and Cleveland.