Revis unsure of status for Den (Update: Practiced Today Individual Drills)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Inafalcs, Oct 12, 2010.

1. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

how about revis just sits out until he's legitimately 100%? i thought this was how it was going to be handled. it obviously wasn't. before the game you could tell by the comments he wasn't 100%. if he doesn't play sunday he could have 3 weeks of rest and play in the GB game.

2. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

So you'd rather have a guy be a liability on the field and deal with all the nonsense when he's complaining for maybe one or two great years?

How about the years when he's sub-par due to injury like this year? Sure we are 4-1, but our team is also not going to be as stacked as we are this year, we could have lost the Dolphins game, possibly lost the Ravens game (not the only reason but a factor) due to him, and have had how much press issues regarding him since the end of last season?

What happens when the salary cap likely comes back. That puts the team in even a tougher position if you are paying a guy top five money at his position and he's never healthy and doesn't play or when he does he's average just because of his own choices.

He has gone on about wanting to be one of the best in NFL history, he better take this off-season/season as a really good lesson. Because if he ever repeats this process (forget it if he does it more than twice) not only will he have zero chance at being remembered as one of the best CB's of all time, he won't be anywhere near the best CB's in the NFL while he's playing, and all people will remember him by is his selfishness.

He from the off-season, has just flown in the opposite direction of the team. I mean, what difference would it have been if they stuck to it and he held out the entire year. Our team wouldn't have been much different.

3. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

I think you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. Revis has gotten beat on big plays more this year then he did all of last year, lol.

4. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Rex cannot rush him back, and he cannot believe Revis if he says he is ready to go. Rex should stomp those jolly green giant feet of his and sit him for the Denver game, and have him rest there and the BYE.

5. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Just finished watching a replay of the game and was thinking Revis looked slow during the whole game. Now I know why.

On the wet field, it had to be tough on a leg injury but if he is not 100%, sit for Denver.

Just our luck though, Denver now passes the ball all over the field.

6. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Yeah where the f did Kyle Orton come from? Either way sit Revis for two weeks and hopefully he's healthy after the bye. Cromartie has played well above expectations and Poole, Leonard, and Wilson have been very capable in the secondary.

7. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I think the main problem is that he is still not in football shape. He missed TC and then only practiced in a limited form for a few weeks. Even if he is 100% after the bye, he still won't be in football shape, obviously.

I'd let him sit until the bye and then work him in sparingly for a week or two. We need him more in December than right now.

8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

That's what happens when you miss TC....

9. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

sit him....3 weeks should be enough time to get 100% healthy hopefully.

10. Tight

Tight Active Member

Just fell out my chair.. LMAO !

11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

all of a sudden the broncos game looks suspect with revis and coleman out possibly.

jil

12. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

If he was good enough to be out on the field last night he will be good enough to practice fully for the next two and a half weeks before the Pack game. That should be enough time for him to get back into game shape I would think.

13. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Yep, when MEvi$ sucks this year he will say it was because he was hurt all year.

We need to worry about resigning Cromartie, MEvis$ is a one year wonder until he starts earning that money the Jets gave him.

Harris should be the second worry, he was all over that field last night.

14. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Good point. Take advantage of the bye week & just give two week off. Either skip game before or after Bye. Don't wanna deal w/ this crap @ the end of season or in playoffs.

15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That's the right thing to say when Greg fucking Lewis makes you look like dogshit like he did in the 4th q last night.

16. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Side-note, did you guys see how mad Cromartie was at Leonhard on that TD pass. Cro had the short inside and thought Jim had the over the top covered. Not only was he screaming about the catch but he was fuming on the bench. I like his fire....

He wanted to shutout Moss and I think he had good tight coverage on all the plays including that TD. It was a perfect thrown ball that fell into Moss.

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

You couldn't have asked for better coverage on that play but I noticed he was looking for Leonhard as well. It was just an incredible throw by Favre and great catch by Moss. That being said if we ever have to see Moss again it'll be way too soon.

18. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Sit him for Denver + the bye week should be enough.
    His agent wants lynching, IMO this would not have happened had he had the right conditioning.

19. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

forget revis

20. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Denver passes like crazy because they can't run the ball for shit. They are one dimensional. Shut down the pass, and it is over.

Look for the Jets to ground and pound and not give that offense time to get going.