Vikings @ Jets - Predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets n Boys, Oct 6, 2010.

1. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

From what everyone says about the pics, its a minor distraction

2. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. IATA

IATA Trolls

Whoever ends Favres career should get an automatic spot in the RoH.

4. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Well, he'd obviously be singled up on someone and he'd probably just wind up tripping into Favre's leg, anyway. Now that would be a story...

5. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Their reaction in that gif reminds me of fat albert.

6. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Don't think Moss will be much of a factor in this game. Not knocking him as a player but I think there's too little time for him to learn the offense. After a couple games, I'd expect Moss to be a big factor in their offense.

If Revis comes back, I have a feeling he'll just stay on one side of the field (similar to the Ravens game). Cromartie did pretty well on Moss & I think Cromartie has done enough for the Jets to choose (healthy) Cromartie over (just got back from halmstring) Revis.

Vikings got a really good D-Line but will they be able to dominate our O-Line enough to win? I'm hoping LT to rack up lots of receiving yards as being the checkdown Sanchez uses to escape the pressure. Vikes don't need lots of blitz to get pressure though so LT will need to show that brilliance we've been seeing from him so far. LT will need to make ppl miss (which I think he can do) to gain good yards after catch.

AP is looking good & he worries me a lot more than Favre. Not often the Jets D can face a RB this good, so I'm very happy to see this matchup. AP biggest problem right now isn't the Jets, it's that the Vike's OL isn't that good (which makes AP success even more impressive).

Jets 21 .... Viking 20 ... is my prediction.

#106 ajax, Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  7. Mibabalou

Mibabalou New Member

jets 28 - viqueens -4

8. InRevisWeTrust

InRevisWeTrust New Member

Jets 27, Vikings 17

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Minnesota is the #1 defensive team in terms of yards allowed per game at this point and they've played New Orleans, Miami and Detroit, all 3 good offensive teams in terms of getting yards. All 3 of them are in the top 14 in YPG despite playing the #1 defense in YPG. I'm genuinely worried that the Jets offense will struggle against them all night. On the bright side they haven't come up with a huge number of takeaways at this point, averaging 1.7 a game, so the Jets can struggle some and not have huge issues.

On the other side of the ball the Jets need to stop Adrian Peterson. If he has one of his typical games and the Jets struggle on offense this is going to be a nail-biter that comes down to the last few possessions. The Jets run defense was excellent the first 2 games and has been so-so the last 2. We need the great run defense tomorrow night.

10. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

24 - 17

Jets.

11. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

It's a bit unfair to categorise Ryan Fitzpatrick's scrambles as a failure of the run defense.

12. HOI

HOI Active Member

Im thinking a close one that comes down to a FG difference. 16 - 13 Jets

13. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

Don't discount the fact they've had two weeks to prepare for us.

14. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Sanchez in the shotgun early with 3 wide, Keller and LT...

It's something we haven't really done, and they do not have the personnel to defend it....

I'd be shocked if the CS has not installed something that there isn't much film on.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Good point - teams coming off the bye week are usually very dangerous.

16. Hobbes3259

OTOH...so is a team that adds an explosive offensive playmaker, and playmakers at every level of the defense in the same week... (Pryce, Pace, Revis)

I think the offense gets an abnormal number of plays, because I can't see Minny accomplishing much offensively.

With 24 on Mandy Ross, We should be able to keep 8 in the box, consistently rushing more than they can block...

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I think the Jets are the better team, but that extra week is a big deal for most NFL teams.

18. Keithnyj

Keithnyj Member

When I look at Minn. I look at a team that is built similar to the Baltimore Ravens. They have a QB that sometimes is Very Good and Dangerous, and then at other times, causes the team the game. Baltimore has a very good wide receiving corp with Boldin And Housh where as Vikings have Moss and Harvin. Ray Rice is No Adrian Peterson, but Balitmore has a Much Better O-line, thus evening out the difference. AS From a Defensive side, the vikings have a Great front 4 and so do the Ravens. Also, both teams have a young secondary, but with Vikings starting corner back Cook being out this game, Lito Sheppard will be picked on. I Feel that the jets have to many offensive weapons for the vikings to cover, thus the score will be

JETS-31
    VIKINGS-17

#118 Keithnyj, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  19. Hobbes3259

I agree...I was glad to see that we had the bye the week before getting GB at home.

20. AbstraKt

AbstraKt New Member

+1 for playing the over.