Good McNight, Joe

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Lantern, Sep 2, 2010.

1. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

1. okay, so he wasnt getting major carries, that makes him primarily a wild cat/kick return guy ... rex would not have handed those positions to him coming off of his injury, he would have had to beat brad smith out ... if you think he would have done that then i guess your entitled to your opinion, but chances are slim that he would have

thank you

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't think he would have gotten carries right away, I think they would have eased him in like Seattle is doing.

We might have lost leon after the year anyway so they got something rather than nothing. The Bills have been talkingabout trading Lynch for a year and they drafted a RB w/ the ide that Lynch would be gone soon.

3. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

We're still talking about Leon?

The guy wanted a long term deal. He is a scat back who is completely dependent on his speed, and he has a metal rod in his leg. It's very rare that backs recover from injuries like that, and it's not clear that he has. Returning kicks is a lot different than running the ball between the tackles.

He was a nice player and a nice guy and I wish him all the best, but just like letting Jones go, it was a smart, albeit difficult move to make. We would have all been screaming about how incompetent these guys are if Leon had a 3 year deal and was on the PUP list to start the season.

-X-

4. All Gas No Shake

seattle tried "easing" him in, and then decided that they rather trade for another RB

5. nyjunc

Seattle was originally counting on Julius Jones and that didn't work out, Lynch just moves into the Jones role. leon is a 3rd down/change of pace back, you will see his touches increase as the season moves along.

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I'm only doing this because you are still doing this. I'm not twisting anything, I am discussing what a big play actually is, which you have contradicted yourself on simply to continue to defend your charade of a position. considering you have already contradicted yourself in this thread, the only person still doing anything is you.

yes, Leon's plays were big plays, but the context of Braylon's TD against the Fins makes it bigger play despite the length of the play being shorter. you see, as I've stated which you originally attempted to dispute but now agree somewhat, the context is a factor in the discussion, and if the context of the play is significant enough, that can make it a greater deciding factor than the length of the play.

in Braylon's case, the impact it had on the game, and ultimately the season considering the Jets are going to make the playoffs and every victory is important in deciding where they are seeded, is obviously greater than any Seahawk victory because the only thing it will affect is where they are drafting.

the

7. All Gas No Shake

You said Julius Jones was good the other day, you clearly don't know what youre talking about ... Justin Forsett is a better third down back than Leon. There are no touches for him there, either

8. nyjunc

Please find my quote.

Forsett was clearly their best back but if leon's healthy he's their best playmaker.

Let's also not forget that the Seattle OL is awful.

9. All Gas No Shake

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?p=1856950&highlight=julius+jones#post1856950

a week later he was cut ... like i said, hes no good

forsett caught 41 passes last year. from scrimmage, hes just as big a playmaker as leon WAS ... leon WAS good, but he is clearly isnt the same player

im pretty sure you were complaining about faneca and feely too, you just cant get enough of being wrong

10. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

You've got to be fucking kidding me...we're still talking about this shit?

LEON IS GONE!!!!

GET OVER IT.

11. nyjunc

I said Julius Jones is struggling but he's not bad. Where did I say he was good?

In 2008 Leon caught more than 41 and scored more TDs.

I thought letting go of faneca was silly w/o someone ready to step in. So far I've been right.

So far I have been right about leon but that could change depending upon the development of McKnight.

Feely was the best kicker we ever had, so far I am wrong w/ that one as Folk has been great.

I hope I'm wrong w/ all of these- leon, Faneca, Feely but my track record is usually being right which I do not want to be in these situations.

12. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Why are we still talking about the 28 year old kick returner who has a rod in his leg from Seattle?

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Look at the post directly above you....

14. All Gas No Shake

LOL, well "not bad" RBs dont get cut from RB starved teams ... clearly he jones is a lot worse than "not bad"

forsett caught 41 at 23, leon was 26 ... he's just as much of a playmaker as leon WAS, and they will not stunt his development for and aging back with a rod in his leg

you havent been right about leon because he wouldnt have even seen the field on the jets

you havent been right about faneca because he is a worse player than slauson ... do you have the nfl package? go watch some tape of arizona, faneca is horrible

15. nyjunc

Julius has had a decent career.

I guarantee you leon will get more touches as the season moves along w/ Forsett there and now w/ Lynch.

Why wouldn't Leon have seen the field?

So you know the schemes AZ is running and you know by watching sunday ticket(I'm sure you have watched every play and broken down the tape) that he sucks and is worse than Slauson? Our Ol has been medicore most of this young season and Slauson was the biggest reason for that(not his fault, he was thrust into a role he wasn't quite ready for yet). The move might work out as Slauson develops but so far there's no doubt we would have been better as an OL w/ faneca starting instead of Slauson.

16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

The O-line was mediocre in the Miami game? How about the Buffalo game?

What about the 2nd half of the Pats game?

That is 5/8 of the season so 3/8 is most of the season? I have to get current on the new math.

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

How can you say that with a straight face when Sanchez has been rarely pressured, and we have a top 5 rushing attack this season?

18. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Because otherwise he'd have to admit he was wrong about the overall impact of Leon being traded and Faneca being cut which is the greatest threat to his tottering sene of reality.

19. All Gas No Shake

so leon went from 2nd on the depth chart last week, to third now, but his touches will go up ... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggght

leon would not have beaten out anyone currently on the team for their spot. he would not have beaten out brad smith for kick returner/wildcat, and he would not have beaten out LdT for 3rd down back. hed be a super expensive insurance policy

i know because i watch damn near every game and when i watch the cards i focus on rhodes and faneca, specifically ... russ grimm is a legend, dont give me that scheme bullshit

http://www.cardinalsgab.com/2010/09/24/offensive-line-must-tighten-up-protection/

20. All Gas No Shake

precisely ...