Good McNight, Joe

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Lantern, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

You're making this harder for yourself than it needs to be. We all know what it means to "create a big play" within a game. It means a long gainer, often a TD or sets up a TD, that changes the game in favor of your team. You want to now change it to fit your argument to how big the game is, etc, which is dumb and not what we were discussing. Two 90+ yard KO returns are two of the biggest plays in the NFL so far this year and they won the game for his team. Simple enough, unless of course it doesn't fit your argument.

#681 Italian Seafood, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  2. Italian Seafood

You're making a lot of assumptions there based on one thing leading to another. Nobody knows what would have happened. The common denominator here is people like junc and myself can appreciate when good players contribute to the Jets over a period of years and don't instantly think they are garbage the minute they get hurt or go to another team. Imagine that.

3. Italian Seafood

Please, don't blow these guys' minds. Draft Dork Magazine once rated Joe McKnight #1 at something, so the MO now is to berate anyone who comes on here and comments on what they actually see happening on a football field. Like Leon Washington and Danny Woodhead each having two TDs in the first four weeks while McKnight has four carries.

4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Funny, I see two guys that couldn't make the Jets roster contributing to teams with far less talent than the Jets.

5. IATA

IATA Trolls

JESUS CHRIST. HOW DO YOU FUNCTION WHEN JUNC ISNT AROUND? YOU'VE BEEN SPITTING OUT THE EXACT SAME BULLSHIT HE HAS BEEN, EXCEPT HE ALTERS HIS ARGUMENT. YOU JUST SAY THE SAME DUMB SHIT OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

WOODHEAD IS A PRODUCT OF INJURIES AND A SYSTEM.

WASHINGTON IS A PRODUCT OF A TERRIBLE CONFERENCE AND SLOPPY SPECIAL TEAMS PLAY.

jobnipjdbndtrmk

6. Italian Seafood

Says you. filler

7. ........

........ Trolls

Oh, is that it? Do I have to fight the "YOU MUST THINK LEON IS GARBAGE" argument again? I can appreciate what CP did, and have stuck up for him in junc's threads before. And yet, I think it was important for the FO to start taking chances like they did when they went out and got Favre. That was ballsy, and it clearly led to the decisions that came after. I can appreciate what Leon did for us and STILL recognize that it was time to move on once irrevocable damage had been done to the relationship between Leon, his team, and the Jets. Hell, I can even appreciate how scrappy, hard working, and elusive Danny Woodhead is, say as much, and STILL say that he wasn't going to be much help for us. I can then turn around and on the day he was signed tell everyone that he was an ideal fit for the Pats system and would help them out immensely.

That's the difference. I don't pine for players when there was a good reason for watching them go, and once our football team is better long term as a result. It doesn't make the player garbage. It makes him more useful to someone else.

Oh wait. Said I was done. Resuming silence now.

8. Italian Seafood

You can't resist, come on. :lol:

There's a difference between "pining for" a player and disagreeing with a move that I don't think helped the Jets. Yes, getting Favre took balls but as it turns out junc and I were right at the time, we'd have probably been better off that year keeping Chad based on how the division turned out. If you're basing your argument on an epic collapse leading to Mangini being gone and us getting Rex, that's connecting dots on a hypothetical. By that logic hiring Rich Kotite was a great move because it led to Bill Parcells.

Same thing here. As I've mentioned, I think Leon would be a better fit for this team this year than McKnight. Even if he's just returning kicks, maybe they wouldn't need him at RB but my agenda is what is best for this team this year. Period. Doesn't mean I don't like McKnight, if Rex says he's going to be that good and he's working hard enough to get back on the roster, that's great. I trust Rex, but again I think Leon in that role would have been better. That's all, none of you have to like that.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

people don't like the truth, keep quiet.

I could have ran back Leons ST TDs.

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no, you just don't grasp what big play means and are now backtracking. first you said it was only length of play when I argued context, and now you are arguing it is a combination of length and meaning.

but you are wrong. a 5 yard interception for a TD that changes the game can be a big play. how can that be if according to your argument if big play depends on being a long play? a goal line stand which actually loses yards is also a big play, but not a long play.

either you are dishonestly ignoring these facts of what a big play is to defend your obviously incorrect assertion, or you simply don't know what a big play is.

the history of the NFL is littered with short yardage big plays. when you either want to be honest in this discussion, or simply want to discuss the reality of what a big play is after you educate yourself on the matter, I will gladly respond.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I love how you guys try to take credit away from him, using that logic I could average the same as Brad Smith on KRs as he basically just runs straight. It's silly, just admit the man did a great job especially on that 2nd return where he broke a couple of would be tackles.

12. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I bet you also think that if Woodhead had stayed on the Jets, he'd still have 2 TDs.

13. Italian Seafood

You can't be seriously still doing this. We all know what a big play is. Running two kickoffs back to win a game your team would have otherwise lost are big plays, both in distance and importance to the game. Bigger than any plays any individual has made for us so far, in part by circumstance but that is a fact. Twist it all you like, I'm not even the one who brought "create a big play" into the discussion, simply pointing out that Leon has made two plays bigger than anyone on our team so far. Just because that game wasn't of any importance to you or me isn't the issue.

14. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Leon Washington is now one spot further down the Seahawks depth chart at running back. Just thought I would throw that out there.

This guy can't even get carries in a backfield that boasts the great Julius Jones, Justin Forsett, and now Marshawn Lynch.

With that rod in his leg Leon is a less versatile version of Brad Smith since, you know, Brad Smith can only run straight.

#694 ukilledkenny, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

2nd return was better than the first. Broke one or two shitty tackles, but when he stumbled from breaking one of the tackles, he had a year and a day to reset his feet and keep running, with no charger within 4 yards.

I'm not trying to be a douche here and totally discredit Leon, but that's terrible ST coverage. Westhoff would cut someone on the field if that happened.

16. nyjunc

I bet you don't win alot of bets?

Now you are trying to compare Woodhead to leon? Woodhead never did anything for us and you are comparing him to Leon?

Interestingly enough SD's STs have shut down opposing KRs in their 3 other games.

Who did Westhoff cut after the Ted Ginn fiasco?

17. 624

624 Banned

Wasn't McCluster's PR TD against them?

...still shows they have trouble in coverage.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He got his STers back on the field and had other guys not dress. I remember the articles about that.

19. nyjunc

KR and PR are two totally different things, their Kick coverage has been excellent outside of the Seattle game.

I don't know.

20. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

the seahawks just traded a 4th for marshawn lynch, but we "somehow" could have gotten more than a 5th for leon, the man who lynch is replacing in seattles backfield

crazy