Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I don't know why you are not sure, but the piont seems rather straightforward. BS reports to Ryan. Ryan is ultimately responsible. One of two things goes on. Either Ryan in fact does review to at least some extent what the game plan and plays are beforehand. Or he defers to BS. (Of course it can be some mix of those two basic options.)

If Ryan defers to BS, it's still his responsibility.

So either Ryan in fact does review all those plays, or he thinks it is okay to defer to BS.

Some people here clearly think BS needs control, not deference. Those people need to acknowledge they are really criticizing Ryan when they say that.

Or...

Ryan reviews and approves the game plan and plays.

Ftr I think it's the latter, or at least a good deal of the latter. It makes no sense to me that Ryan would go to the game and be surprised by what BS does.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Well...if this report is even half accurate
    I think Rex may have had a facepalm moment week 1

I bet the latter is true now.

My guess is they had a verbal idea of what they wanted to do week 1, and something got lost in translation...

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Amazing how simple that fix was. I don't get why people think it's such a big deal that the HEAD COACH has to reel in his offensive coordinator every now and then.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

No its the reason for the consistency in the offense.

I can't believe he kicks him self in the ass when he didn't do it in the previous years and all of the sudden he's keeping himself in check. Sanchez is at the point in his career where he can have a strong opinion in the gameplan, and the better QBs in the league let their OC know what is really clicking out there and what isn't.

I notice a difference between this year and the previous years, and its a HC who knows his shit, and a QB who now knows his shit, and things now look more consistent. They've helped him become more consistent.

5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

At this point I don't care how they are doing it as long as its working. Schotty and Sanchez certainly seem to have a good relationship. The first thing Sanchez did after he hit Braylon on the TD was point to Schotty on the sidelines. However they have it working right now is perfect.

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

STOP with the brainless Schottenheimer bashing!

I think at that point he was taking to the hot dog vendor.

7. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

:breakdance:

Um.... who was talking to the hot dog vendor about what and at which point? Or are you answering a question that floated through your mind and decided to share that with the rest of us? :rofl2:

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Their relationship is paramount. There was an article about how close they are.

Schotty has a great relationship with Rivers and Brees too. He's really likable and will become a HC someday.

9. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

That's 3 straight brilliantly called games, giving credit where credit's due. Hopefully he keeps it up

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Yeah!
    Stop the bashing,
    It's time to flog the muther fuker!

11. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

This thread has failed.

P.S. Fuck Schotty.

12. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

It comes down to execution, not playcalling.

Go to any team's fan messageboard on the web, and you'll see fans bashing their offensive coordinator after a loss. I mean, look at what the Dolphag fans write about Dan Henning (an excellent playcaller, IMO) on Finheaven. Fans always over-analyze playcalling when plays don't work without having the necessary knowlege/perspective to properly do so.

#332 slimjasi, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  13. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

A screen on 3rd and 15 to Holmes? That was a terrible call. And I'd like to see us throw on 1st down occasionally, outside of the 2-minute drill.

14. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

By this logic, no NFL coach should ever be fired.

Unlike Rex and Sanchez, this is NOT Schotty's sophomore year in his position so he should no longer get the benefit of the doubt. We have seen enough of his predictable and inept playcalling to make an informed decision to want him gone. The man continues to survive solely on his last name and the success of Drew Brees (which everyone assumes he is responsible for.)

15. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Schotty is the only coach that has the ability to reinvent himself each week. He calls a shit game...and then gets huge praise when he is able to "adjust".

He is too smart for his own being. He thinks 3 yard quick slants are the equivalent to the invention of the polio vaccine. He truly believes that even though teams have seen the Jet films from the week before...he will design his quick hits differently the next week.

Its frustrating to watch the team struggle so badly and then be forced use the middle of the field and see success late in games.

Never saw a coach get so much praise the week after he calls a game like a giant asshole.

16. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

So what you are saying is if you call 54 straight draw plays and nothing good comes of it..its execution. How do you execute a 3 yard slant play. Better yet...how do you execute it when it hasnt worked 33 straight times. Execution?

17. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

his game planning is super predictable

he refuses to adjust despite the defense adjusting, when there are 9 men in the box why not suprise them and throw the dam ball

the jets offense did not move at all until we went no huddle at the end of the game

he deserves no credit for the win and the bashing for the 55 minutes of inept offense

18. slimjasi

No, not at all. Common sense always prevails. That's simply a strawman argument you are using because no offensive coordinator in the NFL has or ever would call 54 straight draw plays. That's an unfathomable situation that does little to prove your point. Of course I have my issues with the playcalling. My only point is that playcalling always gets way too much blame when things don't go well. Plays never get criticized when they work, regardless of the playcall. Thus, the importance of execution always trumps the importance of playcalling.

Again, go to any fan messageboard after their team loses, and they all are bashing the playcalling with no regard for much else. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with being critical of Schotty, I'm just saying that he gets WAY TOO MUCH blame on this messageboard when things don't go well, just as every Offensive Coordinator does on any football fan messageboard.

19. slimjasi

How does my logic in any way, shape, or form imply that? All I'm saying is that playcalling gets far too much blame when things go wrong.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm not as bent about the playcalling as I am about the overall sense on unpreparedness that the Jets offense has taken the field with since the bye week. Not just the QB in this equation, either. That falls on Schottenheimer. Ultimately, it falls on Rex, but when you have a HC that leaves the overall offense to the OC almost completely, more of the responsibility falls on the OC.

You can only write it off to execution for so long, and then you have to wonder why they aren't executing like they have in the past.