Good McNight, Joe

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Lantern, Sep 2, 2010.

1. IATA

IATA Trolls

Is that you in your avatar? If it is you look kinda like Joseph Ducreux with an awesome hat.

2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

It's actually just a portrait of me.

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Second one first, I've seen Leon play a little bit so far, to be honest, not a whole lot. Like I said, I wasn't expecting him to be playing at all yet, so the fact that he's even out there already, let alone taking two KO returns for TDs, tells me he's going to be fine even if he's not yet 100% which he probably isn't.

As for how I would have gotten Conner, again, he was a low round draft choice so there's any number of ways. If you keep Leon and don't take McKnight with a #4 you can get him there, if that's too high you could trade the #4 down to get Conner and someone else. We're not talking about a #1 overall pick here, there are a lot of ways we could have gotten him. You guys are making it sound like it's impossible without trading Leon, which is nonsense.

See above.

Leon has created two plays bigger than anyone on our team so far and he's probably not even all the way healed yet.

Again, see the post above.

Technically Week 2 is in the past, but otherwise I disagree. Can't speak for junc.

Your argument is speculation, based on the assumption that McKnight is our future RB and without him next year we'll be sunk. There were a handful of better backs in our own camp this year, McKnight made the team based on potential. I understand they don't need him right now, same can be said for a recovering Leon. My point, as I mentioned earlier, is that we're in it for this year, there may not be a next year. So going on that, by the end of this year I'd rather have a recovered Leon who we know what he can do, than McKnight who may or may not be able to be trusted with the football.

Now that the move has been made I'm hoping for the best just like you, but again I'd have not done it that way, that's all. Some of you are going to have to deal with that, that your opinion is not unanimous and those who don't agree with you aren't retards who don't watch football.

4. IATA

IATA Trolls

This is all hearsay and assumptions. Nothing you've said has a basis in reality and the ways things work here in reality.

5. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

blah, blah, blah, Leon Washington. blah, blah, blah, 5th round pick. blah, blah, blah rod in leg. Jesus, I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but, whatever.

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Braylon Edward's 65 card catch and run was a far bigger play. it was a divisional game in which the Jets had blown a 14 point lead, got the Jets above .500 and the Jets are legitimately in competition for a championship, which that victory will play a huge part in, rather than simply seeing how good they are like the Seahawks are doing.

7. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

God damn it. Seattle just lost to the fucking Rams.
    ////////////////////please.

8. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

if the jets still had leon they probably wouldn't have gotten l-t. they would have gone with shonn and leon. not even sure that's bad...just sayin'.

9. ukilledkenny

If you were a mod you could ban me for responding to this post.

Everyone knows what the discussion is in this thread so ignore the thread if you think it's dumb. I tend to think ranting about what some idiot on the radio says is dumb but some people seem to like it so we have a thread for it. Everyone isn't gonna enjoy the topic of every thread.

#649 ukilledkenny, Oct 4, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  10. Italian Seafood

What did I say that is hearsay and assumption? That Conner was a 5th round pick who would have been there in the 4th round? Or that Leon has two KO returns for TDs already this season? Be specific.

11. Italian Seafood

Leon's TDs were 90 yards +, bigger plays than 65 yards. We're not arguing "big" as in significance to the NFL, we're talking about breaking a big play. If you're down to using semantics we don't need to discuss it any further.

12. ukilledkenny

he's fucking with you. and you bought it.

13. Italian Seafood

I think we got LT before draft day, when the Leon trade, etc all went down.

14. Italian Seafood

Are you talking to me? Where are you guys going with this?

15. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

you guys like banging your heads against the wall, fine with me. I was just pointing it out. I'm well within my rights to type some letters on a keyboard, no? I thought a chuckle could help a little, sorry it didn't.

Edit: This post isn't to you in particular, but we're 3-1 and we've looked like one of the best teams in the sport doing it, we're missing some very key players while we're doing it and fans STILL complain. The whole finding 20s in a bag and bitching about them not being 50s really is true. It's just kind of crazy to me.

#655 guinness77, Oct 4, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  16. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I want Brad Smith to return a td just so people will shut the fuck up about Leon Washington. We are winning without him and wouldnt have LT or Conner if we had him not to mention we saved money. Leon was a great Jet but its like we lost Chris Johnson. We lost a good special teams player and so far this year a shitty running back. We dont need Leon what so ever.

17. IATA

IATA Trolls

I've highlighted the assumptions youre passing as fact. The rest is poorly formed opinion based upon the assumptions.

18. ukilledkenny

You can do whatever you want. I just find it amusing when people deem a thread so dumb that they have to tell everyone it's dumb. Like we don't know that arguing in circles with Junc is dumb. It passes the time on a rainy day though.

19. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I'll post it again. This post isn't to you in particular, but we're 3-1 and we've looked like one of the best teams in the sport doing it, we're missing some very key players while we're doing it and fans STILL complain. The whole finding 20s in a bag and bitching about them not being 50s really is true. It's just kind of crazy to me.

This is why 95 percent of my time on this site is in the BS section, where I'm heading back to.

20. ukilledkenny

I thought he was fucking with you. Looks like he wasn't.