Impact of Holmes' return

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Oct 4, 2010.

1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

We're gonna see how real the 'Rex Ryan effect' is in the offseason.

2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i'm kinda pissed that Santonio is gonna hurt my fantasy team because I have keller, edwards and LT.

3. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Even still, he's a decoy.

The Jets can line up Keller at TE, LT at RB, and 3 very good WRs. The offense is fine right now. Holmes won't hurt that.

I'm curious to see whose time gets cut most when the Jets run 2 WR sets. With both Conner and T-Rich on the team, along with 4 tight ends, this team has a lot of players to try to get on the field.

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I might as well have written this myself:beer:

5. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

This can only be viewed as a positive and an upgrade. The guy is one of the smoothest after the catch receivers in the league. This team is oozing with options.

6. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Cotchery is the definition of the term, 'Good soldier'. Never once did he make a peep when the team acquired Braylon or Santonio knowing full well that it meant less touches for him. Plus, there's always going to a need to make those tough 3rd down catches, which is Cotch's bread and butter...

7. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

^ This

filler

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Santonio coming back will make the open recievers MORE OPEN. So yea this is going to be impossibly hard for any defense to stop.

Probably blitzing is the best option considering its almost guarenteed 2 recievers will get open on every play. This is going to be fun.

9. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I think the offense might actually take a step back before taking two steps forward after the bye.

10. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I disagree. Even if Holmes has no chemistry with Sanchez, teams are not going to ignore a Superbowl MVP. Even so, it wasn't like Holmes was acquired mid-season like Edwards, he looked good in training camp and went to Jets West camp with Sanchez. Will there be some mistakes? Most likely, but the rest of the offense is clicking and Holmes could at least keep defenses honest at the very least until he's fully ready to be a big contributor.

11. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Exactly. He's had quite a bit of time with Sanchez already.

And let's all remember that he's been with the team. He hasn't been able to practice, but he's been allowed to sit in on team meetings and work out with the team.

He just needs to get extra snaps in practice this week and he'll be at least 80% ready.

12. 624

624 Banned

If they were open already we don't really need him.

13. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

Thats the thing....we dont lol but he is a huge luxury.......THANK YOU TANNY

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

There should be an adjustment period, I'm not worried about the O at all but I am worreid about the D. The Bills are awful, we played well on D but we start playing better passing offesnes these next few weeks and hopefully Pace and revis are close to normal so this D can get back to normal.

15. bobby2times

bobby2times Member

When BE was traded, Sanchez was forcing a lot of balls to him and threw a bunch of INT's. I hope he's learned from that mistake.

16. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

I think that Holmes' return is going to result in even more touches for Dustin Keller. When the Jets spread the field, opposing defenses will have little choice than to leave Keller one on one with a linebacker or safety, and if the last 2 weeks have been any indication it seems that Sanchez will be looking for him.

17. 624

624 Banned

He definitely has, Rex stressed in his press conference today how Sanchez is going to have to just throw to the open guy, and not worry about getting everyone a certain amount of receptions.

It also didn't help that Braylon came in Week 5 and had no chemistry.

Holmes has been on the team for months.

18. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Either Holmes or Edwards are always going to be single covered down the field if teams start to try and take Keller away.. it's really crazy how many weapons Sanchez has now at his disposal.

This week vs. the Bills we saw what happened when the Bills started to focus on Keller and come up to stop the run.. Edwards deep for an easy TD.

19. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Why are people saying this?? Can we possibly take into consideration he was acquired during Sanchez's 4th week as a starter?

20. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

sanchez has shown a lot of maturity this season through 4 games. Not forcing things like he did last year to Edwards. LT out of the backfield is a huge safety net and the fact that LT can also run sideline to sideline prevents defenses from over crowding the middle of the field waiting for Greene and Jones to run downhill. This has opened things up for Keller already.

Holmes will force teams to pick their poison. Should open up more running space...hell Sanchez could use Holmes as a decoy for a couple of games while hey get some reps in practice in. You think teams will not cover him if he isn't getting catches? Try that and they hit a big play.

I look for his addition to open up the running game more, Keller will get more catches, the offensive line will look better because teams will be scared to bring a safety. Just goodness all around