Coleman Likely to Start Over Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by legler82, Sep 29, 2010.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Trust me he took a step for the fake and the WR had the jump on him.

He'll learn to feel routes and be comfortable out there.

Patience is a virtue in the NFL.

2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Yeah, but not for fans.

I think Coleman did a great job. Then again, it's against the Bills, so what the hell do I know?

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I cannot believe that they didn't test Coleman. Amazing.

4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Would you consider me impatient if I feel that he should be moved down the depth chart to the 4th CB position when Revis gets back? If he is not ready; I prefer we redshirt him. I rather he work at his craft during the practice weeks as oppose to Sundays. This is not a situation like Sanchez last year where the rookie gave us the best chance to win. Once Revis comes back, we will have CBs (Revis, Cro and Coleman) who are more equiped to play now. This team is looking like a serious contender. There may come a time in this season where we won't be able to afford his growing pains.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

If the coaches feel Coleman can play the nickel at a higher level than Wilson, then I would support their decision.

Although personally I'd like him to get the playing time. We've seen with Sanchez and Keller's rookie seasons, the light goes on in the 2nd half.

6. United_Jets

United_Jets Active Member

Yeh, I don't think they made a decision not to test coleman...their offense was generally just so poor that they didn't really have the chance to go at anyone. Obviously big credit to our D as well for this...jury's still out on Coleman for me

7. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

i never thought id see the day when drew coleman grew on me ...

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/10/with_rookie_kyle_wilson_snakeb.html

8. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

OH come on!

When i started rooting for the Jets I hated B. and E. Smith and now they're two valuable players.

Then I wanted the team to cut Coleman and he looks like he'll be a contributor... what next, Gholston starts sacking people!?

9. Coach K

Coach K New Member

lol Coleman has looked like a different player this year. and I have no problem with him getting the nod over Wilson till proven otherwise.

as much faith as I have in Wilson and as much as he needs the experience, his worst performance is in our only loss and hes been picked on since. its no coincidence the only team who didnt make him look like an absolute rook was the team that we beat the shit out of with Time of Possession and the ground game.

I think he can become a good #2. the coverage skills are evident. just needs to turn it on upstairs.

10. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Love that he was confident enough in himself to let Wilson choose his matchup. Also love that Rex and Co. give their guys the freedom to decide something like that on a play by play basis.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I've been down on Coleman for a long time, but just maybe the CS is helping him become a better player, better enough that he elevates his game enough to be a real contributor.

I am open minded.

12. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

People? Maybe
    Players? No!

13. Trifco

Trifco New Member

If Coleman turns out to be a good nickel -assuming Wilson will reach his potential to be a great #2 or #1- we could try to keep both BE and SH, considering we could live without Cro.

14. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

But think of the children

15. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I'm judging Coleman purely on what hes done this season, nothing more, and for me hes been playing lights out, can't knock him.
    For us this is great because we now have competition between Wilson and Coleman for this year and most likely next year.

16. emania55

emania55 Member

our coaching staff has done a good job developing players. Maybe this is what a good head coach looks like.

17. surviveone

surviveone New Member

Dear Moderator,
    Please dont lock any of these threads.

Vincent Wilson

18. Trifco

Trifco New Member

we could live without them too.

19. Trifco

Trifco New Member

Well, Coleman spent some months without hope, and this are his 5 minutes of fame before being sent back to the bench for your brother, so let him have it :).
    We're patient, we've waited patiently for many years to have a competitive season, we can wait patiently for a few weeks before K-dub starts shinning ;)

20. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Yea letting Coleman play the 2 spot was good for Kyle. Let him play where he is succeeding and supposed to play instead of hanging him out to dry. Going up against NFl caliber receivers is not easy and is a huge learning process which Im sure he will learn in time.