Jets vs Vikings Discussion Thread ‎

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IATA, Oct 3, 2010.

1. tubby

tubby Active Member

Peterson scares me the most. I can't remember the last time a running back scared me more than he does.

2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

It's hard not to get excited about this game just thinking about it. It's a fascinating matchup for a lot of reasons. For one thing, Minnesota is incredibly hard to run on. Generally, the way to beat the Vikings is to spread them out and throw it on them. I'm really looking forward to our running game vs their run defense. Also, I really, really, really, hope we pound Favre a few dozen times.

3. slimjasi

Chris Johnson

Oh, I agree. No where near as violent of a runner. But that "violence" can often times become "reckless" and contribute to his serious fumbling issues. Johnson is a better overall player, IMO

#63 slimjasi, Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  4. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I need a ticket from one of you cock suckers

5. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I want to see a first play bomb to whomever Lito Sheppard is covering, hopefully its Holmes!

but the key to the game is always forcing 3rd and longs, and the key to that against the vikings, is slowing AP. We force burt to chuck the rock 35-40+ times, we will win this game. If AP runs over us, we will have to fight like hell to win. Brett doesnt have the weapons to beat us by himself.

6. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Does Holmes start or do they work him in?

7. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

They definitely should work him in, Cotch has been solid anyway.

8. tubby

tubby Active Member

Johnson isn't the violent runner that Peterson is. He scares me this week.

9. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

Woodhead..

10. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

johnson also has 301 yards and 4 tds to date in 4 games (yeah he"ll get to 2500)

Peterson has 392 yards and 3 tds to date in 3 games. Who should you be more afraid of?

Johnson was a one hit wonder, in terms of being the best RB in the game anyways. He will always be good to great because he is simply faster than nearly everyone else in the NFL. Peterson is going to be the class of the league for the next decade. He is tough to bring down, and fast enough and elusive enough to break the big one. He also is strong enough and relentless enough to beat down opponents over the course of a game, and a season

11. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

I agree its not like the O's been lacking without him

12. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

^^
    The way he runs, you really think he'll be the "class of the league" for the next decade?

13. 624

624 Banned

With the way Peterson runs and his injury history, I don't think he will last another decade.

3-5 more years at a high level is my guess.

14. J.E.T.S

J.E.T.S New Member

The Jets right now are giving up 60 yards a game rushing on average(4th in league). Peterson is very dangerous but if we keep up, our run D can contain AP. He will get his gains and break ankles and tackles here and there but contain him and force favre to make plays. Seeing this game 3 weeks ago on our schedule scared me but seeing how our team and the vikes are play at the moment. i have 100% confedence we get this game won. Turnover free football and smash the vikes in the mouth!!! JETS FOOTBALL BABY! With the additions of holmes revis and pace in. these guys will be hungry. They've been seating at home watching how everything has been holding up, they certainly want to make there own statements!

15. slimjasi

oh, i agree. He's no where near as violent of a runner as Peterson is. But that "violence" can often times become "reckless" and tends to contribute to his serious fumbling issues. Johnson is a better overall running back, IMO

16. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Yes, he will be the class of the league for the 2010-2020 NFL. Just like LT has been for the 2000-2010 NFL. Even when he starts to tail off, everyone will be trying to emulate him, and find the next AP.

And i suppose that makes sense 624, AP is in his 3rd year, if he has 4 more years of elite play, that would put him in the same fall off range as with Terrel Davis, Shaun Alexander, Priest Holmes and a few other recent greats (but not necessarily Hall worthy).

17. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

contain peterson and put a ton of pressure on favre

favre is a very good qb but he is a very stupid one also and with alot of pressure he will force throws which will create turnovers

18. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

favre has absolutely sucked this year. you guys must have DVRed 2009 games and been watching them the past few weeks. Not only does he not have rice, he's underthrowing a lot of passes. and their line is not very good anymore

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

this game is going to be off the hook....

I just hope Puck and I don't get thrown out of the stadium before halftime.

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

holy shit....don't tell me you're going to "no show" at a tailgate that i'll be attending....I'm honored. :smile: