Michael Crabtree IS an NFL WR

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Mambo9, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I posted a lot of hate over Crabtree just around the draft and even when some of the guys on this board wanted Tanny to trade for him. I thought with his diva attitude he was going to get nowhere but I guess I was wrong.

He's come in for the 49ers with almost no training with the team and he's been a very solid receiver for them. He has extremely good hands and better than advertised route running (especially considering how little he practised those routes). Sure, he might not be the most explosive WR in the league but with a full season and a full summer with the niners this kid could become really good in 2010 no matter if he sounds like an idiot off the field.

I think he also benefited immensely from having SIngletary on the sidelines... look what he's done for players like Vernon Davis or even Alex Smith. He instills confidence in his guys...

So in the end sorry to Tanny (and the scouting dept who seems to have a very good eye for WR, I mean Crabtree and Austin are doing really good) and to Crabtree/Crabtree lovers... :)

PS his stats:

G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD
    4 / 4 / 18 / 215 / 11.9 / 27 / 0

2. Jam.

Jam. Banned

It may be a bit early to tell, but I've been impressed by his play thus far. He might be a more than serviceable receiver in the NFL.

3. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

Crabtree got a lot of shit on this forum and i never understood why, in term of talent he was a top 5 overrall player in last years draft.

4. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Oh, Oakland... you are a fucking disgrace.

5. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

In a lot of ways, I think the fact that he saw his future slipping away because of his greed has truly benefited him. It's funny to think that holding out may have helped him progress more than being on the field, but, in my mind, he needed a lot more help with the mental side of life than playing wide receiver.

6. 73klecko

73klecko Member

Crabtree's primadonna attitude is off the field only. Once between the lines he absolutely busts his butt and has great talent too. He is a top ten WR blocker the second he stepped on the field.

7. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

As I understand it he spent some time at Deon sanders pro camp under Deon and Jerry Rice's watchful eyes.

8. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

As Bill Parcells says" Lets not put him in Canton just yet".

7 games, 32 receptions, 406 yards, 12.7 average 1 TD....not bad numbers, not awesome. Alot of quick slants and quick outs for short yardage. He's not a very physical wideout.

I can't remember anyone saying Crabtree was going to be a total bust on this site. There were concerns of his adjustment to the NFL coming from Texas Tech's popgun, spread offense. The true hate on this site was for DHB.

Crabtree will probably become a very good NFL WR, I don't see him as a pro-bowl WR worth a Top Ten Pick.

9. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Most of the Greats Do and Did... Steve Smith Carolina, Michael Irvin, Randy Moss though he calmed down alot, Terrell Owens and many more

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Whatever you say, man.

From rotoworld:

I still stand by everything I said about this idiot before last year's draft:

#10 Mr Electric, Sep 13, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  11. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

It seems like the posters with the most knowledge and consistent evaluations are usually spot on.

12. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Debatable. For every thread like this we could pull up Jabba thinking Jarron Gilbert was a 1st rounder, the various opinions on Gholston, I think you even at one point said Woodley wasn't worth a 1st round pick, etc etc. Bottom line is just like the pros, we all swing and miss sometimes. And with what Singletary did with Vernon, I think it's too early to write off Crabtree.

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'm not writing him off. Just look at the last line of my old post that I quoted.

I just knew that he was going to act like this on the field.

14. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

My point was individuals that do more homework, reseach and study players usually have a better track record then those who just wing it.

I'm the first to admit I've made some bad calls on players...I loved Manny Lawson, Adam Carriker, Chris Long, AJ Hawk......and others who were much better College players.

I never said Crabtree was worthless or not worth a Rd 1 selection. Please read my post #8...I think it sums up Crabtree's NFL career so far.....he's a good WR, not great.

As far as Woodley, I agree, I didn't value him as a 1st Rounder and he was drafted in Round 2. Woodley has outplayed his draft spot, which I appauld him. I would have drafted Woodley in Rd 2...not Rd 1 at the time.

15. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I think this is taking one game a little to seriously, Crabtree attitude is well noted but I dont think its fair to read to much into this. Singletary made Vernon Davis perhaps one of the bigger busts in recent history and made him into the highest paid tight end. Crabtree hasnt even played a full season, yeah you want a rookie (essentially) to play hard but give it a couple of games.

Mike Wilbon made a good point on PTI, the entire team really underperformed yesterday. Yes Singletary pointed out Crabtree, but I mean after that game it looked like it would take a lot more than just Crabtree having a better attitude to produce more wins

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Still a total woman.

He's got the ability but won't play up to it. He'll have a long career though.

17. ASITS

ASITS Member

i like crabtree

18. Pete Carroll

Pete Carroll New Member

:breakdance:

19. TDjoey

TDjoey New Member

20. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I spent 5 minutes doing a search of some old Crabtree threads. I came across two people who thought Crabtree would be a bust. One changed his mind, though, between January and April 2009.