Madden 2011 hates the Jets

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by kmj6z, Sep 23, 2010.

1. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

madden only hate the jets because Gus johnson calls Jim leonard - Lester.

that annoy the shit out of anyone else?

ALso....anyone else put in santonio holmes, jenkins, move jason taylor to RE, and change kick returners? That team is beastly online with that combo. JT is like a 95 at RE.

I have a problem with sanchez getting picked sometimes too. But i also tear defenses up. I've always had interception problems, especially in the redzone, since last year. Sucks because i play so well for the most part and make mistakes at critical times when i lose

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

That's exactly what I do, he's a 96.

He does tire quickly though.

3. JustBlaze330

JustBlaze330 New Member

What's your offense gameplan? I try running And slants and quick throws but they still sniff those out

4. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Ground and pound baby, all day. Jets football!

5. JustBlaze330

JustBlaze330 New Member

Yeah but they always seem to shut it down. I'm curious now though Im about to fire up a game as the jets.. here we go

6. JustBlaze330

JustBlaze330 New Member

dang. just played one of my better games with the jets right now and possibly one of my better games in madden. I lost, but we kept it down to the wire the score was 31-28. Heres a few moves I made:

Started JT at mlb. I used him primarly on defense as my controlled player. he's a beast. I put in Revis, because well he's revis. Then, I added Holmes to the lineup and I think thats where I got stuck. I didn't throw enough to him. Keller had the bulk of the receptions although Braylon caught what would have been the game winning touch down had things swung our way.
    While we were playing I remembered the threads about Mcknight. So I said meh, lets try and put him in a play and see what happens. I was down a touchdown at that point. I put him in, select a run to the outside and..BOOM! Touchdown for 76 yards. I was alternating between LT and Greene as my runningbacks, greene also had a 76 yard td. What defensive formations do you guys use the most?

These are the teams I generally play with: Packers, Redskins and if I can figure out win, I'd love to use my beloved JETS!

7. MadBacker Prime

That's blasphemy!!

I always use the Jets, I fun the 46 most of the time. Got JT, Pouha, Jenks, and Ellis on the line.

Obviously passing downs I go dollar and use Harris, very effective.

Passing over the middle is so wide open in 11, I'd even say it's a glitch. Keller gets almost every pass.

I'm not a big runner, pass A LOT!! lol

8. JustBlaze330

JustBlaze330 New Member

I didn't try the 46 much but I did a few downs. Why's the dollar a better passing formation then a nickel or dime? I can't wait to try busting McKnight for a td again.. But I'm about maddened out for today 4 games lol

9. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Banned

5 wide all day keller cotch holmes edwards b smith

10. MadBacker Prime

In this version of Madden as I mentioned earlier the gaping holes over the middle are out of control.

I find the Dollar effective to prevent that but also keeps the run fairly in check on 3rd and longs.

I always use defensive assignments. Teams I play with good TE's that are over utilized by the player I actually put Revis on them. Works like a charm.

11. MadBacker Prime

Revisisland you must use a different playbook I gather?

12. JustBlaze330

JustBlaze330 New Member

I'm still learning the defensive controls in madden, how do i 'assign' a guy to cover someone? I have the ps3.

13. Tight

Tight Active Member

I do that sometimes also, and it makes me lose my mind, that I have to put revis on a tight end.. This game

14. Tight

Tight Active Member

its in hot routes.. I dont even try to do that shit anymore.

15. JustBlaze330

JustBlaze330 New Member

hmm.. Ill have to experiment with it some.

16. MadBacker Prime

You can go into coaching options and defensive assignments, all the options are there.

17. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

i kill people with the slants or wheel routes. third down conversion rates are out of control on those. even when they try to bump and run, usually i can move sanchez out of the pocket to make the throw( which i almost always do...i'm not one of those who drops back for a billion yards, but i do run away from the rush quite a bit)

also a lot easier to read the coverage and adjust to your other read when calling those plays. i get in trouble sometimes on play action because the way the camera zooms and i don't see a DB or linebacker before i throw.

it's pretty easy to run and churn out yardage with the jets. i do a lot better with greene as he can really plow for that extra yardage. problem only arises when i throw a pick...and like i said, it's usually on the redzone or when i'm driving down the field with no problem. very deflating. i should be like 13-3 right now. i outplay and outcoach my opponents 95% of the time and then just throw it away on a horrible interception sometimes

#37 jets_fan_in_fishtown, Oct 2, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  18. MadBacker Prime

You guys use the Rex playbook right?

It drives me nuts when a player changes the teams playbook. I don't know if it's new this year but a lot of players seem to be choosing the "Multiple D" playbook.

I've never used it but it appears to give the player every formation known to man. lol

Which is bullshit.

19. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

You mean like having Revis cover Randy Moss all game? Go to coaching options and defensive assignments

20. JustBlaze330

JustBlaze330 New Member

Cool, I will have to try that next game. I had a game where one guy kept using the same play to the same Wr, would've been nice to have mybest Cb (wasnt playing as jets then) cover that man.