17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Wow! Dont check the board for 1 day and ROJF commits internet suicide. Eh? His time came and went.

We will see him at the entrance to the new stadium drinking hill tallboy alone.

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I wonder how many people have called and e mailed the Jets about this parking nitemare? I am so sick of their fairy tales that I have not called them in a while,,,I e-mailed them AGAIN a few weeks ago about what a joke the parking guards were and what a bad start to my "game day experince" I had , you would think they at least would have caLLed or e mailed me back, I left them my account # , phone # and got zero response from them-------MARK MY WORDS YOU GUYS CAN REPOST EM IN 10 MONTHS ONE AND DONE !!!!!next year my family will reply to the JETS only once and it will be "NO THANKS I NO LONGER AM INTERESTED IN SEASON TICKETS"

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You are not alone with no response. I filled out their online questionaire/survey several weeks ago (Tell us about your GameDay Experience at the Ravens Game) that THEY EMAILED ME (presumably to actually evaluate the experience and not for fucking PR purposes).

So I took the time to respond and in the final "comments" section I even taunted them, saying, "I will probably NOT be getting a response as usual."

Sure enough, nothing. I don't know why I even bother to respond to these laughable things. I won't be doing it anymore.

4. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

When I took a survey I was foolishly honest when asked my household income level. After submitting and thinking about that question, I realized that perhaps, just perhaps - it was the only question they really cared to know the answer to. Really, why would that matter if they wanted to know your experience getting in and out?

If anyone else gets that survey, tell them you're between $800,000 and 1.5 mil annually.

5. LogeSection2RowJ

As proposed, it would have completely gone behind the arena - back where the access road is. That would be great now, wouldn't it?

I can answer some of my own rhetorical questions. The stadium was not going to be paid for and built by the state's Sports Authority as the first one was. Since the Jets and Giants formed their own stadium commission, anything stadium related would be totally separate from the state's Xanadu bidding, or Meadowlands development. The Xanadu project was designed to add revenue to the Meadowlands and tax revenue to the area.

Removing and rerouting the highway is a BIG project, and like the retractable roof, had no one willing to extend themselves financially to fund. The state wouldn't unless they needed to. Xanadu investors wouldn't either. They had their parking deck. The Giants and Jets? hahahaha no way. Their fans should be happy just to have asphalt beneath their wheels.

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I also filled out the survey and I was honest, maybe thats why they did not reply to me or have not sent me another survey:breakdance:

Unlike them I was honest thru this whole process but if I get anymore surveys they will be deleted----the whole new stadium thing has been sad.
    I root like hell for the team and hope they stay healthy have some good luck and somehow go all the way this year but no matter how you slice it I am
    ONE AND DONE! The new place is going to be a ghost town next year---IMO

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

is anyone even playing in izod this year? didnt both the hockey team and now basketball team both move to newark?

why exactly is this stadium still standing? i dont think a couple wwe and concerts a year are going to pay the bills.

8. LogeSection2RowJ

The teams both play in Newark now, and the Izod center claims to be more profitable from it. Go figure. They were losing money on the sports teams.

The deal they made (though perhaps unofficially) with the Newark folks is that Prudential Center gets the sports while Izod gets most concerts. It'll be busier once the economy picks up.

9. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

I've seen two concerts at the Rock already in it's short existance. The place is just nice.

Also took my kids to a Disney on Ice show so it appears they are getting their share of the shows as well.

10. alleycat9

sorry to get off topic guys...

it wouldnt surprise me if they were more profitable without them. both of those teams even with good to great teams have never been able to draw fans to the stadium.

but i understand they are doing much better in newark... is it the location that hurts them?

11. rgoltsch

rgoltsch New Member

After the first game, they realized they had problem and issued that egress map, showing people how to get out of the stadium, and where to park if they wanted to go out a certain way.

The mistake they made was that they didn't bother to give it to the minimum wage lackeys manning the parking lots. While the map showed I should have been directed north out of the lot I parked in, I was, again, directed south towards the turnpike (I wanted to head to Paterson Plank Road or Route 3 West)

I called and emailed my contact, explaining what I experienced.....no response.

Next year, I am not going to bother paying extra for the Green passes. I'll just pay for the standard parking and at least be closer to an exit when it is time to go home.

12. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I don't think the gate matters to the IZOD center, I'm pretty sure the teams paid a flat rent for being allowed to host games there

13. rgoltsch

rgoltsch New Member

I don't think it is the location so much as it is a new facility in Newark. Izod was old and worn. The Rock is nice and shiny....

After a few years, the Nets will be gone anyway.

14. JetsSec337Lot13B

Have you seen the price of parking passes on ebay in the green section? Selling for $80 and up. I laugh because everyone I know with green wants a yellow except the people that come last minute. I think the Jets need to go back to the old system which was suites in a special lot (lot 15 I believe). Then a reserved lot (used to be 18 in the old place) for $35 that maybe they give clubs first shot at before other season ticket holders. Then the rest general admission for $25. Would make everyone happy.

The biggest problem with this whole stadium is lack of communication. I used to know a girl who got a sales job with the team for clubs/suites. She was told if she did well eventually it would lead to a full time job in the marketing department. Most of the sales reps there are fresh out of college looking for some kind of job to throw on a resume in a rough economy. I feel bad for them because people rip on them non-stop and the majority are just trying to find something to get by on. Anyway the girl who got the job said they were so unorganized it wasn't even funny and that is just within the Jets themselves. It explains why parking, escalators, etc is such a disaster.

15. LogeSection2RowJ

That could change somewhat going forward. It was hurting both arenas to compete for the same concerts, shows etc. Neither had leverage. Bon Jovi opened Prudential Center with all those shows since his marketing/management agents were hired to book the all the shows in Newark. That's why he was blacklisted from the Meadowlands in 2008 and 2009 and played at the Garden instead of Giants Stadium. They mended fences now, and the two arenas agreed not to fight each other for acts.

16. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Watching today's game. My purchase of season tickets is looking better and better. Go Jets.

BTW - Winning makes me want to upgrade.

17. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I love my seasons when we are winning. I deal with them when we are losing.

If I was stuck with a PSL-winning or losing wouldn't matter.

18. alleycat9

the jets are counting on people watching a game and getting all hot and bothered and purchasing tickets/upgrading tickets/forgetting how much of a screwing has been done to them.

19. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

The way I see it, we are going to get screwed no matter what. Might as well get a winning team out of the deal.

20. baamf

baamf Active Member

Was at the stadium on Saturday for one of my kids band competition. I had the opportunity to sit in the 20K PSL section 137. That had to be one of the most uncomfortable seats I've ever encountered at a stadium. For bigger guys like myself it is brutal. I'm 6'-4" and my knees were smashed into the cup holder in front of me. The width of the seat is also very tight and my fat ass could barely get in/out.:eek:hmy: Just very surprised that the seating was that bad. My seats in the uppers are much more comfortable. I'm thinking they are probably all the same, maybe just the cushions on the lower seats take up some valuable real estate. I'm sure they lost some sales because of this. There would be no way in hell I would pay a 20K PSL for that uncomfortable seat. Maybe this is Woody's way of getting rid of all the fatties... :)