Good McNight, Joe

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Lantern, Sep 2, 2010.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'm in the mood to write:

Leon had 1 attempt on sunday. One. Zero yards.

Leon has not caught a pass out of the backfield, something he was pretty good at.

So Jones-Drew money for this KO returner? Yeah, no. I think I'll trade him for John Conner and be set for the next decade and a half. Good trade.

3rd string to Justin Forsett and Julius Jones. Washington now sits behind the brother of Thomas Jones.

Jones-Drew money? Really Alvin? Alvin Keels is a pair of clown shoes.

Great fucking trade Tanny.

Let me go dig up another thread and post this in it.

2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Clearly junc doesn't care about any of these points that we've made. His only interest is arguing in circles. That's what he does. That's his shtick.

Wait until Rhodes has a two pick game, and he'll educate us all on what an idiot Tanny was for trading that nancy.

Or if Hightower rushes for 120 yards and he blows chuncks over Faneca.

And if somehow Mangini manages to take his team to 8-8, we'll be blessed with his analysis of how Mangini would coach this talent better than Ryan.

3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Holy shit. Three weeks into the season, and I already see a post calling the draft a "botch". So now draft picks get three fucking weeks to prove themselves?

Hence my jokes in the Wilson thread about cutting him. I seriously think that is how some people think.

Some are never happy as a Jets fan. Not happy when the team is 2-1, while missing three key players. Instead they harp on a player who is not coming back, will never be back and has no real role on this team at this point.

4. 624

624 Banned

New York Jets 09/30/2010 03:10 PM ET
    EA: Coach Ryan says Joe McKnight is really coming along and he could be active this week.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I call hornet. Why would Rex activate a bust?

6. 624

624 Banned

If Rex doesn't activate busts then why has Wilson been playing?

7. WhiteShoeWillis

good point. Maybe Wilson is getting cut to make room for him.

8. ........

........ Trolls

That would be fantastic. I was hoping for mid-season.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

Hopefully they're planning on a lot of carries (for all RB's) this week ...

10. 624

624 Banned

I'll be sure to confirm this if/when incarceratedbob informs us.

11. ........

........ Trolls

It would be the smart gameplan. I figured they'd do it with 2 backs, but if they feel McKnight has his ball control issues fixed, I'd love to finally see what he can do with our first team OL.

Remember, 2.7 YPC makes the Leon trade a success :lol:

12. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

If McKnight gets more than 2.7 YPC if he plays this week, then junc can all do us a favor and delete his name and post on Finheaven exclusively.

13. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

So Kyle Wilson may end up losing his starting spot and his part time punt returning role. Tough week.

14. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

finally. give the kid a fucking chance. i think he will be a good player in the future.

he isnt going to lose anything unless hes out played. he needs a break.

15. jetsflyinginjersey

Why doesn't McKnight field punts or kickoffs? At least punts; I don't want Leonhard, our starting safety, fielding them and getting hurt. Give the kid a chance. Reminds me of Bush; doesn't have the exact same speed, but his style is very alike.

16. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Leon had 2 KR TDS!!!!1111111111!!!!1!

17. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

This is probably the best week to play him. We should run the ball all day long and give McKnight the garbage carries.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think the plan they have is to let Wilson and McKnight grow into the PR and KR duties respectively at some point this season. I like the way Brad Smith gains yardage returning kicks, but he is such a valuable wildcard on offense that I'd rather he didn't get his knee folded back by a 4th string TE on a garbage time return.

Rex had mentioned either during Hard Knocks or in a presser how much he wanted McKnight to go for it on returns. Now Rex is talking excitedly about McKnight in today's presser. I think he's getting his shit together on STs.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Maybe the kid will learn how to turn around when the ball is inbound now after sitting for a minute or two..It helped with Greene's fumbling problem.

20. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Smith has the kickoff job locked down, and McKnight hasn't shown that he can hold onto the ball consistently enough to let him return punts. It's in his future, but TC and the preseason were any indication he's not ready yet.

Leon was perfectly deserving of a big contract before he broke his leg--I don't think that the Jets could've fit him under their payroll, but somebody could have and would have. After the injury, however, his value pretty much reset to zero.

Anyone whining about the Washington trade really needs to sit back and ask themselves one important question: how do you think the Jets would've been able to get Revis, Mangold and Ferguson under contract with Washington and his wife crying about being underpaid and mistreated by the organization?