Coleman Likely to Start Over Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by legler82, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

well i guess starting doesnt necessarily mean he will see more snaps then KW at the 2 spot.

2. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I doubt Coleman would be solely one-on-one if he's the #2 CB. I'd expect him to have help over the top almost every snap.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Austin Collie is tearing up the NFL so far this year. I think Peyton found his Welker.

4. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

collie leads the league in receptions, receiving td's and total yards. Crazy...

On a side note, I loved Jp losman. my friends used to have handicap me in madden and I'd have to be the worst teams to make it fair. The bills ended up being my best garbage team and Jp losman looked like Joe Montana for 3 years straight. Wish the bills still had him lol

I don't see why anyone is worried about coleman getting burned by a Parrish/Fitzpatrick connection. We're not playing the Saints

5. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I would much rather have Lowery starting.

6. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Seriously? I know he made 2 big plays at the end of the game, but did he do anything else? I distinctly remember him whiff on a tackle and pussy out on another one. (might've been on STs)

I'd love to see Coleman be a decent corner, but he's been here 4 years and he is consistently beat in coverage. Which is why he was 6/6 on the depth chart. He is NOT better than Lowery and I refuse to believe he's starting this week until I see it with my own eyes.

Maybe I'm wrong though. Maybe he's been blessed by Revis and is a whole new man. That would be something.

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

He stumbled when going to tackle Polite the Dolphins FB. I'm still not convinced he's gonna play on the outside the whole game. I think in 2 WR sets we'll still see Wilson and Cro as the CBs and have Coleman playing the outside on 3 WR sets (do the Bills even have 3 WRs on the roster?) with Wilson in the slot.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Past two games he hasn't look like Drew "1st down" Coleman.

So he's getting his shot.

He could easily fall back to his old ways, or step up and finally breakout.

Its a shitty WR corp, so it'll be an easy gauge on Coleman whether or not he can be counted on as depth down the road.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't get where Manish got the idea that Coleman is likely starting over Wilson? I wouldn't be so quick to jump off that cliff. Possibly probably would have been a better word.

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Not really.

Teams game plan for Wayne and Clarke. Peyton Manning is the reason Collie is leading the league in those categories.

You could put anyone who runs a route properly in Collie's position and have the same results (and we've already seen it with Anthony Gonzalez).

Not that crazy.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

They are all good route runners, but the hard part is that most teams don't have a 3rd CB who can stay with players of Collie and Gonzalez's ability.

Add a HOF QB with that fact, and that's why the numbers are so good.

Mismatch= TDs.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Also, I think getting Wilson reps lined up against a #2 receiver is crucial for a positive contribution later in the season.

The Jets are winning AND they are playing the Bills and let's be honest, who's scared of the Bills?

Play Wilson.

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Yeah I mean, I think the AFC Championship game last year illustrated above to Jets fans very clearly and probably even more so to the Jets front office, having tailored their first round pick to defend against teams like the Colts and San Diego are/were deep at WR.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

And its one reason why Wilson was drafted.

Scheme, BPA, and Peyton Manning never losing a game to a Rex Ryan defense where he play's all 4 quarters factored into Wilson being here.

I think we meet the Colts again in January, in whatever round we see them in.

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Which is why it's critical to get Wilson the reps now because you want the better athletes on the field against a playoff caliber WR crew.

Wilson > Coleman
    athleticism

Putting Coleman out there over Wilson because Coleman has experience is not a good enough excuse BECAUSE you gave up on Wilson and he couldn't get the experience...doesn't make sense.

#75 GQMartin, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

true.

The only positive I get out of this is that Coleman gets more reps to maybe get better. Maybe.

And Wilson gets to communicate and play at the nickel spot where he's going to be come playoff time when Revis is healthy.

If this actually does work well, and it should against the Bills, this will be a win-win scenario.

17. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Yes, seriously. That's why he'll be splitting reps.

18. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

I just think they are expecting Revis back 100% for week 5 and they want Wilson to be ready for his role as the nickel CB against some good passing teams in the Vikings, Broncos, and Packers.

Coleman has done a decent job so far this year, and with some sideline and safety help I can't imagine he'll be exposed too much by the bills. Better to have Wilson learning his future role, and being in a position to watch their most explosive player in Spiller.

If we somehow lose to the Bills, there are worse things than Drew Colemans play going on.

19. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

Coleman is a lot better in coverage

Lowery is better at tackling

Coleman is a much better option period

20. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Its a pity we dont have a competent coaching staff with a knowledge of defensive backs to help us make the best decision as to whom to play as our #2 CB. Oh wai...