Good McNight, Joe

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Lantern, Sep 2, 2010.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

What was?...........

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Um dat post.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I agree on that one but he/she was irritating me. I hate when people don't participate in discussions and just hurl insults like children.

4. BookEndTackles 72&79

Trading Leon was as much a business decision as it was an on the field decision. Sure, he was a known quantity but he was coming off an injury and rehabbing on his own. The team didn't know much about his progress since Keels was basically painting a rosy picture in order to leverage a deal and the front office and him obviously don't see eye to eye or trust one another. Odds are they would have lost Leon anyway after this year so the organization covered itself by reshuffling he deck at RB due to the uncertainty. I have no problems with the way the front office handled this. There was risk either way and it was simple asset management. I wish Leon luck as he was a good teammate and was glad to see him make a big impact last week. I hope he produces and gets the deal he wants.

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

If either Greene or Tomlinson were to get injured and had to sit out a game, then McKnight would be activated for that game.
    You wrote that the team would be in big trouble if Greene or Tomlinson got injured. The team would be in some sort of trouble, but I'm not sure it would
    be big trouble. Maybe McKnight would step in and play well. I don't like what I saw from him in preseason, but sometimes the light comes on for a player at a weird time.

6. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

McKnight sucks. He was a high school star who couldn't make the grade in college, and if he couldn't handle that, then how is he supposed to handle the NFL? Seriously, I think Chauncy Washington would have been better use of that roster spot. Even Danny Woodhead would have been better. At least he is somewhat intelligent and really wants to play. McKnight is a bum.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He did well at USC.

When you are compared to Reggie Bush everyday in college, you aren't going to beat his dynamic ability. No one has to date. It was unfair to him.

Now he comes to the Jets and the LW comparisons start immediately. Poor kid never had a chance. He's the Kellen Clemens of the RB corp. But here's the good news, there are two RBs who are amazing at what they do ahead of him.

When people bitch about the 3rd string RB, you know that the team must be pretty good.

8. ........

........ Trolls

Based on what? He rushed for over 1000 yards at 6.2 YPC in a committee. That was a better average than Jahvid Best and Mark Ingram. He was hampered by the fact that he wasn't the only blue chip RB to come into USC his freshman year. Out of the Fab Four, he turned into the best RB, but he was still in a committee.

Do me a favor. Come back and give me this same take when Joe McKnight develops.

9. 624

624 Banned

I don't think I read once that anyone denied that Leon is better than McKnight RIGHT NOW.

The problem is, we have LT and Greene. They are both better than LW, which means he would rarely see the field.

At the end of the year Leon was gone anyway. Financially and football-wise, he was gone at the end of the year. So we got value instead, and drafted a young developmental back.

Leon or McKnight. Neither of them would have done much to help the 2010 New York Jets.

...so I'll take the cheaper, more talented, younger, project back instead that can help us more in the future after LT is gone.

I feel like the posters that have a clue what they're talking about have been repeating these basic arguments for pages now. You must really take pride in boosting your unhealthy post count to continue to argue the same arguments with ridiculous, senseless points.

10. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Where the hell would Leon fit in the rotation? He's averaging 2.7 ypc, and has 2 KR TDs. Good for him, but Shonn Greene and LT are both outperforming him in the running game, so I'm not exactly sure how Leon would help us other than the possibility of a couple of return TDs. And that's far from guaranteed.

Joe McKnight has done dick for us so far because he isn't expected to do dick for us yet. We're much stronger at RB than we were when Leon was a rookie. If Greene or LT gets hurt and McKnight comes in and averages more than 2.7 ypc then he'll already have outplayed Leon.

The point is that your entire position on the matter depends on IFs. Big, huge, gargantuan IFs. You're arguing about a Kick Returner, and what would have been a 3rd string RB. Are you seriously so deprived in life that you have to spend hours upon hours arguing about this?

Get a life.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

One thing about Leon that I noticed by watching the 2nd half of the Seattle/Chargers game (my friend has the NFL package, and he had money on it):

Leon doesn't look like he's running the same way. Something looks different. His cuts aren't razor sharp, and he seems to run with a little more power than quickness. I can imagine this is from the injury (duh).

I can imagine that's why he has 2.6 YPC. He's not the same guy. His 2 KO returns? Horrible coverage on the Chargers part. Leon still has the breakaway speed, but not the quickness.

What does that mean to me? Well, it means he's a Kick Returner, doesn't deserve the money he is asking for, and would be the 3rd RB on the depth chart and see 2 carries a game because of what LT does.

So the Jets saved money by letting him go and didn't lose anything in return. Actually, they gained a FB who looks like he's gunna play 17 years and crack a few ribs of opposing LBs.

#411 NDmick, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  12. 624

624 Banned

Yeah, I could imagine that.

When recovering form injuries you will almost always get your straight line speed back, it's the agility/quickness that you can lose.

..and that was Leon's whole game.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

That's why I trust the FO's decisions.

Track record is pretty beast so far when it comes to personnel.

14. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

He/she. What ever did happen to Kelly. Havent seen him/her post in awhile

15. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I would imagine that injury is similar to an ACL injury. It took a similar amount of time to heal. Given that an ACL tear is a 2yr injury..... I would venture a guess you will see what he is really capable of, next year. He would be 29, another reason why the FO cut bait.

16. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

they really should move on but there not ready to admitt there mistake

i just hope lt and greene stay healthy that way we wont be stuck with mcknight fumbling every time he is touched

17. 624

624 Banned

He also wouldn't be on our team.

I don't understand how people still don't realize the reasoning behind the Leon decision 5 months after it happened.

#417 624, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  18. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

What if Schottenheimer called a pass play that asked Sanchez to look more than 7 yards downfield?

What if Rex died on the sidelines and the team rallied to honor his memory?

What if a SWAT team stormed the field and dragged Joe Flacco out in the middle of a play on human trafficking charges?

This is a fun game!

19. ........

........ Trolls

If you're talking about moving on by cutting McKnight, then you can GFY.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

yeah this is why fans don't run the team.

By the logic, Brick and Sanchez are cut in their 1st year too.