Namath says Jets have problems

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by skeleton_frames, Sep 25, 2010.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I think most alcoholics will tell you even after you stop drinking you are still an alcoholic.

My problem with what he keeps saying, besides the hypocrisy, is that he talks about distractions to the team yet he keeps bringing it up and keeping it a distraction. (I don't truly believe it is a distraction but saying this for arguments sake).

I understand the media doing it, that is their job but for Namath to keep harping on it is too much. OK, he had his say on his show now on to other business.

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I don't understand that.

3. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

It's a mental addiction that leads to a physical addiction. Just cause you shake the physical addiction doesn't mean you're not still afflicted by the mental aspect.

If once you stopped you were no longer an alcoholic there would be no such thing as relapses, which I'm sure Joe Willie has had one or two of

4. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I've heard alcoholics say the same thing - they can never allow themselves to think they are cured because that might make it easier to slip up one day and have that first drink that starts the whole downward spiral again.

5. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I think Namath is maybe five years away from becoming Abe Simpson.

"It was 19-dickety-eight. Al Davis had stolen our word for sixty. I chased that rascal to try to get it back, but I gave up after dickety-two miles..."

Etc.

6. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

you are the one that needs to stop SG.

nobody has said that Braylo is an alcoholic and nobody has attacked Edwards for being an alcoholic (which nobody here knows if he is or is not). Its perfectly fair however to comment on Braylo's stupidity for his drunk driving.

You need to check yourself before posting this BS on here.

BTW: I've been a die hard Jets fan for 40 years.

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

It just means that even after you stop drinking you are still an alcoholic because 1 drink and you are right back where you were.

That is why at AA and NA meetings when people stand up to talk they say, hello my name is Bob and I'm an alcoholic/addict, even people that have been sober for 10-15 years.

8. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I am proud to have defended 17A with his thread a few weeks ago about being sick of Namath. This guy is and ALWAYS has been a complete douchebag. Hes in love with himself and thinks hes as relevant today as he was 40 years ago. Fuck him already.

9. sg3

sg3 Banned

the NY media has been trashing Braylon Edwards as a DRUNK all week. If he isn't a drunk, their attacks are even worse.

As for Namath, he has become as big a jerk as Francesa in the last month. Is there such a thing as a Riing of Honor Removal ceremony

10. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

I love Namath, but it's time to STFU and just let this all play out. Even if you're thinking it, reserve your judgment until it's all said and done.

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Thank you for helping me to understand it. I also want to thank TheSanchise and ukjetsfan for responding. It might change my opinion on Namath's mouth a little.
    If Namath went out of his way to talk about Edwards, it is not good. If he was asked to talk about Edwards, then I don't have a problem with it.

12. RexCryin'

RexCryin' New Member

You all need to leave Broadway Joe alone. Without him the Notyets haven't won a damn thing. And this is coming from a fan who's been supporting this team for over 40 yrs.

13. RexCryin'

RexCryin' New Member

Waterboy, you make no sense at all. Namath calling out Braylon as a team distraction does not a self-fulfilling prophecy make. The ones who have made it a distraction is the Jests front office by selling the team's soul for a better chance at a win. A chance that is closer to none than slim at this point, seeing as how well the fish are playing on defense and how disciplined they are compared to our frat house team. I don't even see having Braylon play being an advantage at this point. He's had 2 or more sleepless nights and distraction filled days the whole week. He was already stone-handed before. Now imagine how focused he will be with all this mess.

14. Nyi28nhl

Nyi28nhl New Member

I respect Joe for what he did 40 years ago, but it's hard to take the post-2000 Joe seriously. From kissing Suzy Kolber to constantly opening his yap.. it's just tiresome. It's not like Joe is squeaky clean either.

15. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Braylo is the most gayest nickname I have ever heard. Is he freakin related to JLo? Just stop it AbdulSalam.

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Come on dude really?