Namath says Jets have problems

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by skeleton_frames, Sep 25, 2010.

1. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I love Namath, but he needs to kindly STFU. If he's bored, perhaps his daughter could help him with his outfits and brush his hair more often.

2. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

namath is correct. anybody who thinks that braylo not starting is punishment is seriously and laughably dreaming and drinking the green kool aid.

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Didn't Namath clean himself up?

If so, then calling him a drunk is wrong.

It takes one to know one. Namath had to embarrass himself on national television to realize he had an alcohol problem. Perhaps he thinks joining the media in piling on Edwards will help Edwards make better decisions.

4. sg3

sg3 Banned

:pats_suck:

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Lol......... This Should be a stickied response to every post Alleycat makes. Bravo Jeff!

6. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

huh? he's been a media football commentator for 35-40 yrs including abc mnf and nbc sports. he knows exactly what he is doing and what he is saying. and what he is saying is absolutely correct. braylo's drunk driving is inexcusable - TRUE and not starting Braylo is not a punishment - TRUE. He isn't condemning Braylo at all - he is simply telling the truth. some people can't handle the truth.

7. sg3

sg3 Banned

please just stop

namath has a long history of being as bad or worse an alcoholic as he is attacking Edwards for being.

as for you, braylo

are you expecting a big comeback win for your team this week against the bills?

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Seriously, I bet Joe has a bunch of DWIs. Calling out my team for not taking a step they couldn't take anyways (Jets can't suspend Edwards due to league rules for DWI). Joe can suck a dick for all I care.

9. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Does Joe Namath even remember his partying ways or is it all lost in a drunken blur....

10. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

So you have embarrass yourself on national TV to know you have a drinking problem? I don't give a shit if he solved his drinking problems. He needs to keep his trap shut. If it was anyone saying the same thing besides this, I wouldn't have a problem.

11. Clown

Clown New Member

lmfao. This is how you know this is the no fun league... we are all concerned about all these guys with fucking "class".

Shit is a team game not everyone is a fucking class act. SOJ losers worried about class and suspending a crucial player in big games. Cheer for another fucking team if you want to suspend key players when you dont even have too.... Thats why we dont have a ring in like 40 +yrs... worried about class instead of damn wins.

This is a copy cat league.. but doesnt mean we must follow how another team or person would handle a situation... especially if we dont fucking need to.

#71 Clown, Sep 25, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

First of all, he doesn't need to keep his trap shut. He is not committing a crime by talking.

As for the drinking, in his particular case public embarrassment was the event that made him realize he had a drinking problem. I don't see what is so difficult to understand there. Often times someone with a substance problem needs to have some sort of embarrassing and/or terrible event to happen to him/her before the person realizes there is a serious problem.

#72 Cakes, Sep 25, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  13. Clown

Clown New Member

nah he needs to stfu for now.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

nah he does not need to stfu for now.

15. sg3

sg3 Banned

maybe joey didn't utilize AA for his addiction. If he had, he would have learned that one is never "cured" or "straightened out" but remains an alcoholic for the rest of ones life and continues to try and recover one day at a time. One other thing learned, that joey apparently didn't learn is that since you remain an alcholic it is important to try and HELP others that suffer with your addiction to also try and recover. For this you need to show empathy which does NOT include going on radio shows and blasting, attacking and calling for the suspension of fellow alcoholics.

Maybe Joey never learned this stuff because it sure sounds to me like he slept throught this part of his treatment

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Namath never attacked Braylo. The fact is that drunk driving is inexcusable. which is what Namath said it was. That is not an attack on Braylo. Its a fact. I think its interesting that people now want to label Braylo and alcoholic. which is pretty bizarre.

The fact is that Braylo decided to drive after he'd been drinking and he was drunk driving. Thats not an excusable behavior. The notion that Namath or anybody else who is in recovery or not in recovery is somehow not supposed to comment on Braylo's DUI is absurd. Braylo is a public sports figure who got caught drunk driving - its BIG NEWS. He made a stupid decision and he committed a crime. Nobody should be kissing his butt or inventing excuses for him. He needs to face the consequences and accept responsibility like a man and not cry or whine when other people decide to tell the truth about this incident.

17. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

What has this got to do with braylo drunk driving? There is nothing wrong with partying. Its drunk driving that is the problem.

18. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

You can't, in your right mind, tell anyone on here that Joe Namath, the poster boy for drunk players, has never driven drunk.

Did he ever get caught? No

But you know he did it.

19. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Please point out the people on this board that regret they were not in the car that night with Edwards. Where the hell are those people? I, for one, am not one of them..in fact nobody here is saying that they would have loved to have been in a tinted window car with a guy driving .16 behind the wheel.

Your post is exactly what is crazy about this past week with everyone that has either lost a family member, knows somebody, heard about someone that has either been injured or killed by a drunk driver coming out of the woods because Edwards became the first NFL player ever to be pulled over for DUI.

Please...with all the friggin righteousness someone could muster...spare us from having to say "Drunk driving is horrible BUT......"

Please show me NFL players in the past that have had their balls removed....children beheaded....etc because they were pulled over for a DUI.

In this politically correct world....its pretty insulting to have to say things like "Edwards was wrong but...." but the bottom line is that you..and the rest of the hypocrites are asking that Edwards be punished more severely than any other player who has done the same.

You have fallen in to the Mike Fransesca trap that because he is a Jet, his punishment should be far worse because only the Jets sign scumbags, right?

Let the NFL make a rule for those guilty of DUI's that applies to all. Why leave it up to a team...a GM...a coach whos jobs are all on the line from wins and losses..and then be surprised on the result? Are you serious?

You want to condemn the Jets? Then go after the entire NFL. Thats my problem with this week. The Jets seem to have a different standard than the Dolphins, who will be playing this week with several felons and drinkers and wife beaters on their active, unsuspended roster.

To top it all off, we have Namath judging NFL players about their behavior off the field. Thats like having Hitler designing the new, larger than life, ovens for your kitchen. The same guy that couldn't resist putting his tongue down the throat of a reporter a third his age on live television.

Cant see how you do not see the hypocrisy of this entire week...and of our senile beloved former qb.

20. sg3

sg3 Banned

if you watched him on hard knocks (BTW-- he didn't seem to be all that critical of HK when he got to show his wrinkled old face on it), you saw these signs of relapse

watches a play in the pouring rain from 80 yards away and says to his poor daughter (probably his designated driver) -- Gee golly dang- did you see that??

the poor kid says "Dad -- It's really raining hard"

(in other words-- can we get the F out of this monsoon, you senile old clown and stop performing for those cameras)

he ignores her legitimate cry for help and launches into the famous tirade about hand positions for the snap which, everybody seems to humor, I guess

relapse, my friends --- and this radio craziness with him being exploited by Kay and Lagreca weekly to help them promote their juicy anti-Jet agenda screams it even more

get back into rehab or your AA meeting, Joe

Please

those of us who watched you and loved you as OUR quarterback are hurting watching you make an ass of yourself for the benefit of your need to seek attention