Jets vs Dolphins Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Phinzmania

Phinzmania New Member

Id say Fasano and Ronnie will have their hands full.. Henne better be ready for some more dink and dunk passes. Pace and Taylor is who worries me the most.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

If I was on your side of the fence, the prospect of Taylor wanting to shove it up Parcells @$$
    would be the biggest intangible keeping me awake.

3. Phinzmania

Phinzmania New Member

If he doesn’t make it through another game as a Jet, he will be out to prove himself against the Dolphins this week.
    Either he will be laughed at or he will shove it up our asses for all the jersey burners.. Kind of like Pennington playing the Jets when Favre was at the Helm..

Redemption!

For the record, I laughed at the idiots who burned their Taylor memorabilia..

4. dcnr226

dcnr226 New Member

Karlos Dansby and Sean Smith did a great job nearly shutting down Shiancoe last week, and whoever Buffalo's TE was game 1. And Shiancoe is Favre's #1 target

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Shiancoe had 6 catches for 86 yards. That's a pretty good day for a TE.

6. Phinzmania

Phinzmania New Member

True and not taking anything away from that, but Harvin is a puss this year that couldn’t catch a cold. Berrian was the only good receiver shut down.

Don’t get me wrong, our secondary was good but our defensive front controlled that game and may this one as well.. All credit goes to Dansby and our D-Line for keeping Favre on his toes. We have to make Sanchegawia make early throws. So our secondary can make more big plays.

7. tubby

tubby Active Member

If by defensive front controlling the game you mean Peterson running wild for 140 yards then yes.

8. Hobbes3259

In their defense....you are talking about AP.

9. tubby

tubby Active Member

True, but what won them the game was Favre in the red zone lol.

10. Phinzmania

Phinzmania New Member

Goal line stand on 4th and 1 for the win.. Yea he broke some great runs off on us but thats expected from Peterson! Good luck when you guys see him in week 5. Dudes a freak of nature when he gets the ball.

11. wockenbauss

wockenbauss Banned

Smith only covered him on 3rd down's:

Shiancoe, 3rd down stats:

0 catches for 0 yards.

12. Tolan

Tolan New Member

I feel the most important match up in this game will be our Guards VS Dansby, if we can get up and seal holes for LT and Shonn it will open everything else up. Dansby is an animal, and will cause major problems if we cant get a hat on him.

13. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. wockenbauss

wockenbauss Banned

Great Pic's!!!

Were those taken at this @ss kicking:

10/12/09 -- at Miami 31, N.Y. Jets 27

Or this @ss kicking:

11/1/09 -- Miami 30, at N.Y. Jets 25

???

:)

15. Hobbes3259

Check the gay orange bunting. :wink:

10/12

16. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

From another thread, but something worth repeating here:

Honestly I think the Dolphins are the most over rated team in the NFL. Against the worst team in the NFL all they could muster in Buffalo was 13 points on offense. A five point win against the worst team in the NFL. The next week GB put a 34 burger on Buffalo's plate.

Against Minnesota, Miami's total offensive yardage was a paltry 226 yards. Favre with no one to throw to, made some awful decisions. The 3 INT's wasn't that Miami forced them, they were unforced errors commtted by a QB who is all banged up and forcing the ball. 7 penalties on MIN didn't help much. The Miami defense gave up 364 yards, while all Miami was able to muster 226, the second time it's offense could not break the 300 yard mark. They didn't even break 300 yards against the Bills.

They had to punt 7 times against the lowly Bill's defense. They punted 6 times against MIN. The Miami offense has only 2 TD's in two games. That is how many the Bills have on the season too.

The Miami defense? New Orelans held MIN to NO TD's. Miami gave one up to them though. GB held the Bills in week two to one score as well. The Miami D is not as good as some people think it is. Stats wise, the offense has been pretty anemic, both in yardage and points scored.

Miami will be hard pressed to make any first downs. If they are to survive, they will have to do it with turnovers. Their offense has been awful so far.

I'll take the Jets, 26-13.

17. Phinzmania

Phinzmania New Member

All I know is that stats and previous game strategies usually don’t equate to much when it comes to Miami vs. the Jets, these games usually end up cruel and unusual for either teams fan base lmao.. errrr!!! Dan Marino= Fake Spike/ Vinnie T 40 points in the 4th quarter comeback, “exaggerated slightly”. Curtis comeback Martin. Penningtons return to the Meadowlands.. ect.. Those were some classics.

18. 624

624 Banned

So I guess a combined 9 points in 2 games are ass kickings?

Especially when 14 points came on kick returns...

19. 624

624 Banned

MikeBerardino

@Omarkelly reports former Dolphins LB Jason Taylor called Bill Parcells a "douche" on miami radio

20. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Great comeback!:breakdance: