17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Spectacular! This Omni story one was my favorite. It was gonna be so easy you used "Philip MyBowl" as your name tag for style points. NICE. Surprised the Salvation Army quality was good enough.

Sounds to me that you've spent some quality halftimes on the Giants Stadium ramps...ricky williams

Years ago we were on the Gate C Spiral at a night game halftime when Jerry Azar walked by (he was a TV sports reporter on WABC 7 in NY) leaving the mezz section when he joked about it saying "hey guys, it's a little smokey out here". To the delight of everyone I recognized him and yelled "Jerry!! Want a hit?" He laughed and waved us off. It was a great moment.

2. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Nice.. Yeah I used to walk out there at half time and there were tons of people smoking out. If I didn't have the one hitter or a j, there was always a hit offered. A lot easier when people were smoking cigs in the area.

After my first son was born I slowed down a lot... At least in public. :breakdance:

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I spent some quality time out on the Gate C spiral at Mezz level as well... probably ran into you, who knows? In the 80's, forget about doobies, people were out there doing lines on the concrete handrails out there. The rails were sloped, but that didn't stop them. People walking by... mirrors flashing in the sunlight... whatever!

Crazy back then... and I was 40ish mind you... but going through a divorce and, well.... Now I'm called "Grampa" and tamed down and love it.

God I miss that old stadium though...

4. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

are we now going to hold hands now and sing songs around the campfire?

These tales of divorce and drug use are a little scary.

5. Section 227. Row 5

But you're a bond salesman!

6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Yes but since I beat Bill Gross every year I don't have to shady things. Like Ari Gold one wife is good enough for me and I don't do drugs. Therfore I am still eligible to be the Pope as long as I can perform a miracale

7. LogeSection2RowJ

I think I will miss it soon, but not yet. That stadium lacked one essential ingredient: Pepper and Egg sandwiches ; )

Back then I had two seats in 326 (and we thought those were nosebleeds) and my other four seats were in 122. That ramp, halfway up was the place to meet. Remember, it used to be 15 minute halftime. If there were open spots in 122 then the others from 326 would proceed down to 122 with us. I never saw any coke use, but that's because we were too busy looking to see if anyone at ground level would make the mad-dash for the money thrown down from the spirals above. Of course when they did, all hell broke loose. Sodas, beers, you name it. Eventually guys would run out in panchos and goggles - they were prepared! They'd be able to grab five bucks or so.

It was pretty nutty, but entertaining. Gate D took that to an entirely new level years after that. I suppose those really were different times. I think the drinking was worse in the old days though. I remember going to my first game at Shea with my Dad in '77 and having to sidestep many fifth bottles discarded in the aisle. EVERYONE snuck brandy or whisky bottles into Shea. All older men drinking the hard stuff.

Of course, not everyone was drinking brandy. I knew "some guys" who once smoked hash in the stands huddled under an army blanket. :eek:hmy: That might have been the Flying Lawnmower game. Jets won.

Got another one some of you will enjoy. In the Coslet/Kotite years, we'd find creative ways to get cans of Bud inside. One game I put my binoculars around my neck and used the case to cram three cans inside. Then once my pocket liner was ripped on my winter coat, I could put four more around the bottom of the inside of the coat. On games were we'd be eating a ticket, I'd go back to the car at halftime to reload and use the extra ticket to get back in. I guess I brought in 14 buds that game. That was in the days before pat-downs. There were 5 of us, so 14 cans wasn't that horrendous. The binocular case trick worked for a few years even though the damn thing looked as if it were about to pop.

Back then I parked right about were the Verizon gate is now. 4J. Imagine trying to run to the car and get back to your seat now?

Hey, we were a bunch of late teen-twenty year olds having fun, but don't think for a moment we didn't care about what was going on on the field. We're pretty die hard. Some of those seasons would have been torture without the extra stuff. Who remembers 12-0 Saints in December?

8. Section 227. Row 5

We've all toned it down since those days, I'm sure.... drinking Vodka in the parking lot before the game, a couple of hits on top of that... maybe some beers during the game... another little triip outside to the spiral at half... a few more beers... then driving home on the TNPK with a Braylon Edwards buzz on, trying to forget about 'Nam, the Jets loss to Miami and my divorce all at the same time... chasing women half my age. Oh Lord, those were terrible, terrible days.

Lord only knows what I'd be or what would have happened to me if I hadn't finally met the love of my life, my 2nd wife. Why, I would probably have turned out like... like... well... like 17a!

9. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

ha !!! my wife is fucking crazy....im still living in the 1st paragraph

10. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

If you ever introduce her at a party as your second wife please send me a picture of your black eye.

11. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah but I'm her 2nd husband. No, seriously, she's the one I should have married the first time. Been together since '92 and couldn't be happier. She's the reason you guys think I'm sane... keeps me together. She even took a trip back to 'Nam with me in '93 to help me sort things out. What a trip and what a wife. What a fucking life, come to think of it. Hahahahahaa.....

12. LogeSection2RowJ

Well, thanks to this thread you know that there's the possibility of a second paragraph...

13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Thanks to this thread, I know that ROJF only bangs his wife in the missionary position............

14. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

and your favorite bird is a swallow

15. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

lol. that's the best you could come up with?

16. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

what do u expect froma 12 year old kid

17. rgoltsch

rgoltsch New Member

I forgot to mention in earlier posts....my wife forgot her sunglass case in the car, and they now allow people to exit and re-enter the stadium. They scan you out, then they scan you back in.

18. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

wow, never thought they would do that. So guys that leave after the 3rd quarter to beat traffic can sell their stubs in the parking lot for $20 to someone who wants to catch the end of the game

19. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Tonight, I am going to be watching from a worse position than the worst seat in NMS. The Marquis de Sade chair in the maternity ward.

Allegedly designed to fold out so fathers could sleep at night, it folds out into the "Rack" of Tower of London Fame. During the day, it is even more uncomfortable. NY Subway seats have more comfort measures. Because we only have a few channels, i get to watch the f'ing Giants game instead of the Cowboys game.

Of course, I get to spend the night watching the game with my new daughter, Emily. In a few years, those pre-season games the Jets make us buy are going to be perfect for introducing my little angel to football.

#10419 Digetydog, Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  20. sg3

sg3 Banned

new here

but

I've got great seats in the LSL at the great new stadium and couldn't be more happy with them.

It would have taken me 15 more years to move out of the UD in the old dump (had I wanted to) but thankfully I was able to upgrade out of this new UD after seeing my seats and WOW what a great move it was