17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i just wipe my hands off on the door handle

2. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

What Inflation?

NFL tickets sold on online fan-to-fan resale or auction sites rose 64% this year, according to ticket search engine FanSnap.

For the Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints, home game tickets are selling for $404 on average, up a whopping 264% from last year. For the Dallas Cowboys, the increase was 35%.

New Orleans, Katriana, BP Gulf Spill, Extremely low wages, half the population left in last five years and yet they are selling football tickets at $404 a pop on average, amazing.

3. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

4. baamf

baamf Active Member

How ironic that your grammar skills perfectly summed up what we have all been saying in this thread. This new era of Jets football in the NMS can be precisely referred to as the "new Jets error"...

#10384 baamf, Sep 24, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Yeah I noticed that earlier in the week, I wonder if they're releasing a little amount seats at a time. It is odd though, 1 week they're soldout and now their not, interesting marketing strategy.

6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Since I have not called up about seats in a few weeks I figured I would give them a call to ask about some LSL seats now that they are now "unsold" out of seats.

Well they offer me right off bat, Section 135 Row 14 Seats 3&4 and Section 142 Row 30 Seats 13&14.

Pretty much I say no thanks and hang up.

7. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Also now if you buy now you only pay for the remaining 6 home games for this year and you can put no money down on the PSL as well.

So to recap anyone with a fake name can buy 2010 tickets with zero down on PSL and if PSL values hold up they can make PSL payment and if PSL values fall they can walk away.

They also have Section 135 Row 25 Seats 15&16

Interesting the original no money down PSL offer from when they reduced LGL and TC had a 11-1-2010 first payment. Would not be suprised to see a few defaults there, all they can do is cancel your remaining tickets and by November most of the best games have been played. Jets better be in playoff contention come PSL payment time or seats will open up on LGl or TC in the crappier parts.

It is round two baby!!!! It's Go Time!!!

8. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Grateful Dead at Giants Stadium - I've seen 9 shows there, only paid for 3.

They used to run all of the escalators down and we would bull rush the gate and run full bore up the escalators, once inside we just disappeared into the madness.

Dead shows in Ohio, Arizona, Cali, Indiana, Maryland, Orlando, Charlotte, you name the venue - I've either stubbed in or straight up made myself invisible and walked right through.

We used to go out the night before a show and cut the bottom of a chain link fence maybe 40 feet long. We'd gather a couple hundred people without tix and we would hide near the gate. Then we'd run up and some people would hold up the gate and everyone would pile in. They might get 10 of us but the other 150 got in.

Dead at the Omni in Atlanta- i figured out that all the ushers wore black dress pants and white t-shirts or white polos. So, I went to the Salvation Army and picked up the same gear and walked right in with the ushers, I had a name tag and all--my name was Phillip MyBowl. I did this all 3 years I went down there--9 shows for free.

Jerry Band in Irvine Meadows, California- I walked up to the gate with a stub from a Jerry band show at MSG months earlier. As I handed the girl the ticket I asked her where the bathroom was and she pointed in to the venue. I ended up having to haul up this huge hill before I got into the lawn section with guards chasing me. I got in though and it was Jerry's birthday show in 1992...

I've seen over 200 Dead shows and I have about 150 ticket stubs still. Even if I snuck in I always tried to get a stub.

Never liked Phish but I used to do their shows mainly to make $$$$ cause the phish kids had dough. I never paid for Phish because the security had no idea what was going on. We went to this venue in Vienna, VA and they had this fence that was 3 feet tall surrounding the amphitheater. This was in 93.

Tons more stories..................

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Something must be going on with the PSLs they've already sold that now necessitates them to have to embarrassingly change the sign on the front door from "Sold Out" to "For Sale Again." How awkward is that?

Maybe all this talk about people being able to easily "walk away" is true. And if some of them are cancelling or walking away after only Week Two, with the team at 1-1 and all the high hopes and aspirations still flying high as a kite, I can only imagine how bad it will get in the dark days of winter when the snow flies and we possibly don't make it to the Promised Land as so many have practically guaranteed.

10. MadBacker Prime

Wow, Row 14 still available?? I guess sitting on the visitors side does suck, especially when it costs the same to sit on the Jets side, 116/110.

If I were a Jet fan I wouldn't pay the same amount to have a good view of the visitors bench when you could just pay the same amount to get a great view of the Jets. I never even looked at that side of the field, I always assumed the would be less. I feel bad for any moron you got stuck in their.

11. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

True but it's also better for resale. If you can't make a game or two some fan of the other team is not going to want to be on the Jets side.

12. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

wow... that hurt. feel better?

13. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

True and Not True.

When Jets are doing good and Jet Fans are buying secondary Market tickets they want to sit behind Jets bench and will pay top dollar.

When Jets suck and we are playing a team like the Pats, Ravens or Eagles whose fans will come to the Meadowlands in Large amounts they usually want to buy on Visitors side.

Also sometimes you get weird things, like the very low rows on Vikings side are very popular as people want to see Brett Favres last game in Meadowlands close up.

14. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

"if I were a Jet fan"?

15. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

seats 3 & 4 are located 10ft from the LSL section 134. I'm sure anyone who buys those PSL's will have a bad taste in their mouth, knowing the person across the aisle paid 7.5k for their psl with a similar field position. Those seats go unsold unless the Jets do something with the price - just my opinion.

16. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

seats 3 & 4 are located 10ft from the LGL section 134. I'm sure anyone who buys those PSL's will have a bad taste in their mouth, knowing the person across the aisle paid 7.5k for their psl with a similar field position. Those seats go unsold unless the Jets do something with the price - just my opinion.

17. MadBacker Prime

Meaning someone else-

I thought those sections would be given toward visitor player allotment.

But Yeah that was kinda worded wrong..

18. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

On the visitors side the sections are wider so you gain some yardage. Sections 116/110 on the Jets side end at about the 15 yard line while on the visitors side sections 135/142 end at the 25. So I guess it's a toss up. Do you want to be 10 yards closer to the 50 and sit on the visitors side? Do you want to bake in the sun in September and sit on the Jets side? Do you want to exit at the bottom vs. exit at the top (if you are in a higher row)? Both sides have their positives and negatives.

19. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Plus the extra 15 bucks a ticket for moving 3 seats over.

143 with PSL payment baked in is $200 bucks a ticket.

142 with PSL payment and extra $15 a ticket baked in is $265 a ticket.

If you are 143 on 30 yard line well worth the $65. 142 on 13 yard line for $265 is stupid.

Plus if PSLs do become worthless and Jets decide to chase people you are on the hook for an extra 5k.

Pats my old GF has been to well over 300 Dead Shows, paid for one show the last one she saw in the Garden only cuase she was with her sister the lawyer.

She never once paid to get to a dead show, never once snuck in. Used to know the guy who sold fake tickets in the lot and got them for free. Course she was a hot blonde so I don't think they look so close at their tickets. She was such a dead freek at one point at Stony Brook as a freshman she went to see Dead in Albany by herself hitchiking with no money in pocket saw show and met up with her buddies and spent two months on road and made it in back for finals. Did the same in HS several times. Said it was time of her life, but would never do it over again as she is suprised she did not end up in a ditch dead. No cell phones, heck no pay phones in a parking lot in middle of nowhere, nothing back them, you could be dead for weeks.

I hate the Dead with a passion. Stuck to Billy Joel, Springsteen, Jackson Browne etc. for my scalping as the fans actually pay for my tickets, Dead fans are like dude want a tie dyied shirt and a used bong and a bootleg dead cassette for your row four seats.

The Joel and Springsteen fans used to pay me with Mommy's check sometimes, double face a month before show time. My kind of fans. PLus the Dead did a lot of that stupid festival seating stuff where people sat everywhere or encouraged people to dance in aisles. Damm Clash did that to me at a Hofstra show even thought I had row one seats the idiots in the back were all charging down.

But one thing for sure Pats Hater I give you props for being cool, I had thought you were a nerd.

Also what is up with all those Dead Fans cassettes, my old GF had like 300 of them and everytime she was high she listen to them on her freeking 80 Corollas cassete player, sounded like a damm cat with his tail under a rockin chair.

20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member