Kris jenkins tribute thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jet Blue, Sep 15, 2010.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

He played one full season for us,was not even part of last years run. You act like he was drafted by the Jets and played 12 seasons for us. Great player, fun guy, but it never panned out because of injuries. I barely thought about him all week, still pissed about Monday and thinking about what I am cooking on Sunday.

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

His best season was 2003 with the Panthers. Three years into his career, he looked like he was on his way to becoming an all-time great lineman. Alas, he could not stay healthy. He missed 27 games over the next two seasons. He played full seasons from 2006-08 and was very good, but not as fantastic as he was in 2003 or even 2002.
    His best game was probably the overtime win over Tampa Bay in 2003.

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

TheJetsStream

Kris Jenkins tells NY Times that he will have surgery for torn left ACL & meniscus next Wednesday. Comeback possible. #nfl #jets #nyj

Maybe it's not such a sure thing he's done yet. Probably a long shot, but if we could get him back to be a role player next year, maybe even start the year on the PUP list and come back mid-season.. ya never know

4. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

8 million dollars will make a man say crazy things.

5. swifty1021

swifty1021 New Member

He said he is going to make a return

6. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

fyp........

7. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

WHAT! This is unbelievable. I love Kris Jenkins, but we need to trade him or something. The man is Mr. Glass.

8. swifty1021

swifty1021 New Member

Thank you sir

9. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

He does seem that way, although the way his knee bent back this time, I think that was just shitty luck. That looks like it would have torn anyone's ACL, regardless of previous surgery. If he wants to come back and looks healthy, why not give him another shot? I still hope the Jets treat next season as if he's retiring, regardless of whether he does or not.

10. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Exactly.. anything he can give us next year is a bonus. They should just bring him back extremely slowly, even if it means starting the year on the PUP list and having him come back week 7. Let him start to really hit his stride down the stretch of the season. With Pouha playing great, and them probably bringing in a DT of the future via the draft, having Jenkins play spot duty can only be a good thing.

11. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I do agree with those that can't consider him a "real" Jet. I mean he only played one full season with us in 08 and has missed most of last season and will miss all of this season. I do admire how he fought to come back to play, and all the fun things he's done, but I WANT TO WIN, and I'd rather have a healthy player take up space than Kris injured eating up a chunk of money we could spend elsewhere.

12. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I don't even want him back. There's no way he's going to be the same guy after two back-to-back surgeries on the same knee.

13. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

If KJ comes back he has to comeback in nearly the best shape of his life. Can't be walking around at 390 at any time. Lay off the KFC and get serious about being a professional athlete instead of relying on sheer size to get it done. The size is what makes his joints and tendons fragile in the first place.

14. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Sweet... I want him back!!!!

I also want to draft a DT in round 1 for him to grrom.

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It's funny this thread was bumped and you posted this.

I have a source who saw Jenkins last night at a function and he told my source that he didn't rule out playing again.

Plus he hasn't had the surgery yet because the Docs are waiting for the swelling to go down.

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

That's racist. (the kfc comment)

17. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

If it is truly over, we will miss you Jenkins in the middle of that line.

A fun player to watch, good luck in whatever you decide to do. And if you decide to give it one more go, I hope it is on the Jets.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

As several other people have pointed out this defense does not need Jenkins to be near the top of its game. Years from now most of us will remember when the Jets defense became really good for awhile and we'll all have this memory of Kris Jenkins as the big inside force everything else was built on. Then somebody will point out that he played all of 7 games in the good defenses and the defense he did play a full season in was not that good.

I loved having him in the middle when he was healthy but the two draft picks we spent to get him were a waste. Sione Pouha would be considered one of the better NT's in the NFL right now if Mangini had just plopped him down in the middle at the start of 2008. Pouha will still likely be seen as one of the better NT's by the end of the season. He was one of the better NT's last year. I wish we had the picks back.

19. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

*Raises Bucket*

I'll Chomp to that!

[​IMG]

20. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

good player, nice guy, too injury prone tho

if he wants to come back at the minimum id take him back but anything more id move on