Cromartie vs. Marshall- One of Sundays Big Matchups.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Miamipuck, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

Good point. Cro's lack of tackling should be nullified by a physical safety helping out with Marshall. He'll probably still have an ok game- 5 catches for 60-75 yrds and maybe 1TD. Thing is he will probably be their entire offense. Without any other production I doubt Miami puts up over 10 points.

2. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

they don't really have any other WRs, heartline and bess are their 2 and 3 so i'd let wilson cover marshall with help and let cro cover their #2 by himself like the raiders do with Aso.

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Marshall will move the chains between the 20s. We will need to be very stingy against the run in the red zone.

4. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Wilson is a nice CB, but he's like Ray Mickens tiny. He would be a terrible matchup for Marshall. Cro is the perfect matchup, with safety help over the top.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He's 5-10. Revis is 5-11. Cromartie is an anomaly at 6-2

6. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

not quite

Mickens 5-8 180 lbs
    wilson 5-10 195 lbs

he's bigger and stronger then mickens. remeber revis is on 5-11 198 so slightly bigger then wilson. its more about technique. wilson did better then cro against welker becuase he has better technique, but cro covered moss better then wilson ever could becyase of his size and speed. marshall isn't a fast guy. he is a bully who runs great routes and makes great catches. wilson won't be bullied. he was jamming TEs the past 2 games

7. Tally Jets

Tally Jets New Member

Balling Matchup!!!!

8. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

This.

I expect Marshall to get his yards, so as long as we keep him out of the endzone. These rivalry games scare me because they always come down to the last drive or to a final play. I'm confident Rex will have our boys ready to beat the fish.

9. DJphinfan

DJphinfan Member

Brandon Marshall, physical after the catch...Cromartie, not physical after the catch..I think our strategy will be to get him the ball quickly in space and let Brandon just do what he does, and thats just outmuscle, stiff arm, and literally fight for yardage after the catch...

Not sure if your boy can handle it, besides what some stats show....This is man on man shit, and cromartie hasnt proven anything in the physical dept.

10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Funny how the stats differ on Finhaven.
    According to them Marshall owns Cro.LMAO!

They also seem to think that all they have to do is double Keller and it'll be a blowout.

11. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

cromartie not being physical was the "old cromartie" so far he has proved doubters wrong

12. 624

624 Banned

Wilson may only be 5'10, but he has crazy long arms.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, what has he done to prove doubters wrong? I've seen him throw far too many of these shoulder tackles already and the coaches have made it a point to say he needs to be more physical at the line of scrimmage.

So aside from not being physical at the LOS or while tackling, I guess he's been quite physical?

I'm a fan of Cromartie mind you ...

14. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

15. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I think Rex is going to tell Cro to ball hawk, jump routes and go after the ball with Pool covering Marshall when Marshall wins that battle. Much like that play Pool had an INT when Cro went up for the ball with Moss last Sunday. Cro will ball hawk, Pool will be there to clean up any mess.

Pool can lay freakin lumber. I actually expect that Pool will light Marshall up a couple of times. It will be a typical high risk turnover oriented scheme. Marshall might burn us that way, but this is how I see Rex playing this game.

We have only seen Pool for one half. This guy can ball. And now... he's healthy.

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

As discussed at the beginning of the season the Dolphins have no real down field threat to spread our defense out. They lost that when they got rid of Teddy. Whether he could catch or not didn't matter it forced teams to have to cover him.

For all I care Marshall could have 100+ yards receiving because that'll probably account for 75% of their passing yards.

17. CalgaryJet

CalgaryJet Member

Well good thing its eleven on eleven and not one on one. You guys beat the Bills and a team with a quarterback, im guessing, takes thirty minutes to piss. I think the heat and humidity is going to be a bigger factor then Marshall.

18. MadBacker Prime

This whole Cromartie not be physical shit is quickly becoming a thing of the past. At times he's been too physical, obviously.

19. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

that's pretty ignorant i agree. It's like some people on here that are claiming just double Marshall and it's a cakewalk for the Jets.

In my opinion, Keller will be the key to the Jets scoring points. Keller is a similar type of TE to Shiancoe in that they can move like receivers. Keller did some damage to the Dolphins D last week

20. MadBacker Prime

As far as I can tell for at least the last 10 years we always have the Pats at home first and visit Miami first. Why the hell can't they change it up? I'm just going off memory now because I have no desire to check from my phone but seems stupid.