Jets at Dolphins - Predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets n Boys, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Ricky_Fan34

Ricky_Fan34 New Member

See and that's what has divided our fan base. Half of the fans think it's Henne, the other half thinks it's Henning. If we begin to falter and lose several in a row, look for our entire fanbase to be in a massive clusterfuck of an argument. I for one think it's Henning.

2. Clown

Clown New Member

Thats right, i think the confidence will actually hurt them.

3. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

how often did the vikings and bills double or triple cover him...or shift zones towards him?

That could easily be a factor as well. If you're a defense, you take your chances with intermediate passes to fasano, hartline and bess.

4. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

this would be my strategy too if I were the jets

Fasano and Hartline are very inconsistent pass catchers, some games they can be extremely effective whereas others, they have drops and become invincible.

Bess is usually reliable though, but not a gamechanger. He does a great job in picking up a 3rd and short for a 1st down

5. Ricky_Fan34

Ricky_Fan34 New Member

honestly, not that much. He was targeted 6 or 7 times I believe it was, and he had 4 receptions. We only threw the ball 15 times though. Typically the corner would get safety help, but we only threw deep to Marshall once, and it was complete for 46 yards.

Bess is the real x-factor of our offense. If he gets going, I think we instantly become a lot more dangerous. The moment he starts getting doubled, Marshall explodes. Miami has a very explosive offense. The problem is nobody is on the same page yet. Marshall and Henne are not on the same page, and it shows. Hartline just shook off the rust last week. Bess has been good, but not like last year. Again, I attribute a lot of that to the playcalling, and I think we will eventually explode on the scene. I will be worried if we come out looking flat against the Jets.

6. jets_fan_in_fishtown

that's a good way to describe bess. I think he's a solid possession receiver. Does nothing exceptional, but everything pretty decent.

still, if that's what the offense is forced to rely on that's a problem.

the lack of a legit #2 is going to hurt the dolphins this year. bess is a good #3...can be effective against a nickel corner but not really against a team with a good #2 corner.

That's why i'm not really scared of this game as a jets fan. Last year, your running game and offensive line were much better (and should have beat indy that first game). I also think ronnie brown hasn't really come into form yet, aside from that long one he broke the other day. ricky has been shit so far. I think the changes to your o line and ronnie brown's injuries have cut into the dolphins previous biggest strength.

#66 jets_fan_in_fishtown, Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  7. Ricky_Fan34

Ricky_Fan34 New Member

Well, if we don't start passing more than 15 times per game, it really won't matter at all.

8. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

yeah Ricky has looked ok, but not as strong as last year upto this point.

Ronnie looked good against Buffalo and made some nice runs coming off a liz franc (sp??) injury and had 5 ypc. I would argue Minny provides a bigger challenge due to the Williams wall.

I think the o-line has been good. Jake Long is the best left tackle in the game (biased lol), Vernon Carey is a very good right tackle. Surprisingly, Incognito has played well so far. Jerry has been respectable as a rookie and Berger is just solid, not great.

I am curious as to if the jets will be bringing the exotic blitzes since Revis isn't going to play. I didn't see the Pats game, but I heard that they toned it down a little the second half ...

9. Clown

Clown New Member

Who knows what they will throw.. thats the good part. All i know is we will ALWAYS bring enough to stop the run.

10. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

yup and that is where the game may be won or lost ... in the trenches.

I expect Nolan to do the same as both teams will try to force the other young QB to win

11. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Going to put out two predictions, because I don't know which offensive strat will be used.

If we use the offensive mold we used against the Ravens and only go down field 2 or 3 times, it's a 3 point game and it's anyones game.

If we use the game plan of the last 3 quarters vs the Patriots and go downfield longer than 10 yards 8 or 9 times Jets win 17-10

I'll go with the latter,
    Sanchez throws 1 TD 220 yards, Keller has a 90+ yard day.
    Jets total offense 350 yards with LT and Green both amassing 70 or so yards.

Miami throws for 145 yards, rushes for 110

#71 1968jetsfan, Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  12. jets_fan_in_fishtown

that's what i mean. Jake long is great, vernon carey is pretty good. But the middle of your line is meh. One guy who beat us up in that first game was Jake Grove. When he was healthy, the guy could play. Joe Berger? doesn't scare anybody. And incognito has been traditionally awful...like really really awful. Everytime I used to see rams highlights it was usually richie incognito giving up a sack or committing a retarded penalty.

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

It was so humid that night, I think Jenkins was gassed after the first drive. The entire interior D was awful. They were just not used to playing in that type of humidity. The Fins D was just as bad......

14. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

as was the case all year long

I looked at the weather for sunday in miami and saw sunny (granted the game is at night), with a high of 90 and a low of 80 ... but you are probably more reliable than that puck, what's the weather lookin like?

15. jets_fan_in_fishtown

I've never seen a team miss so many tackles than I saw the jets miss that night.

They were in position to make the plays a billion times, and then just completely dicked it.

that was pace's first game back and he missed a shitload of tackles. Even harris and bart scott missed a couple. I think BT was the only one getting it done that game at all. we also couldn't shed any blocks worth a shit

16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Like it is now, I think. It has been relatively mild here. I don't think it is going to be humid like last year. If it is, that is a gigantic advantage to the Fins.

Edit: Both D's were epically bad last year.

17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I said to my Dad in the beginning of that game the weather was going to be trouble. It was hotter than fuck, even with the sun down.

18. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Mid to upper 70's forecast for Sun Night with just the ordinary chance of showers.

Jets 27
    Phins 7

19. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I've watched both Dolphin games this year and I'm not very impressed. I think we win comfortably ...

Even with Marshall, I don't see them moving the ball very well against us. Their offense has been sputtering and I think we've already handled 2 much better offensive teams. Their defense looks improved over last season, but I don't think its nearly as good as then numbers look after 2 weeks.
    Just as a point of reference ... I watched them go to the wire with Buffalo and then watched that same Buffalo defense get absolutely throttled by a good offensive team the next week. In the Minnesota game, the depleted Vikes offense rolled up 22 first downs against them but just couldnt execute in the Red zone.

I don't think we'll be sweating this one out.

Jets 26
    Fins 16

20. asdf13

asdf13 New Member

Jet's D will be gassed by halftime just like last year. Mark Sanchez will not be throwing against the powder puff patriots.

27-13 Miami.

We're going to kick the shit out of the Jets.